What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels

Abacus

Juniors
My young fella came home from school on Tuesday with a Panthers team poster. He was so excited and wanted to know when the season starts and can we go to the 1st game. I wasn't going to go but now he's keen, we'll be there!

Puts all the other off-season shit into perspective. To be 6 years old and just wanting to go the footy - anyone sorted time travel yet so I can experience that feeling again?

franklin2323

Immortal
My young fella came home from school on Tuesday with a Panthers team poster. He was so excited and wanted to know when the season starts and can we go to the 1st game. I wasn't going to go but now he's keen, we'll be there!

Puts all the other off-season shit into perspective. To be 6 years old and just wanting to go the footy - anyone sorted time travel yet so I can experience that feeling again?

Great to hear.

That is why this off field stuff is often blown up to more than it is

Luke Bowden

First Grade

That’s what it’s all about!!

Fangs

Coach
32-4. Felt like we were foxing during the trial, especially when compared to the Rabbitohs performance.

Blade23

Juniors
Can we replay Laurie Dailey's comments an hour before kickoff to fire up the boys?

Mightn't need to. I have heard a few of the players are privately annoyed by his comments and all the media attention recently and can't wait to get out field Sunday week to rip in.
The proof will be in the pudding Sunday week.

GongPanther

Referee
Mightn't need to. I have heard a few of the players are privately annoyed by his comments and all the media attention recently and can't wait to get out field Sunday week to rip in.
The proof will be in the pudding Sunday week.
Channel Nine will be absolutely rubbing their hands with glee. This shirley will be the highest ratings winner during the week.

mxlegend99

Referee
My team would be:

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. DWZ
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Can't split them
10. Leota
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Luai
15. RCG
16. Grant
17. Sele

Crashtest

Juniors
My line up would be:

1.Edwards
2.Sauce
3.Blake
4.Whare
5.DWZ
6.Maloney (C)
7.Cleary
8.Tamou
9.Katoa
10.RCG
11.Heatherington
12.Yeo
13.Fish

14.Luai
15.Sele
16.Leota
17.Fuimaono

Good side. For round 1, I wouldn't change anyone from who you named.

Leaves Cartwright, Ellis, Martin and Grant putting pressure on the forwards to perform. And the same with Egan on Katoa and Luai.

Shows how strong a roster we have, even with Kikau and May out.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I’m be at the game but my girlfriend is refusing to come anywhere near Penrith

I think the panthers will see a similar backlash from a lot of female fans
Hmm...
I'm guessing your gf wants to move out of Parramatta too because Blake Ferguson put his fingers into a women where they didn't belong and picked her like a bowling ball?

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
My line up would be:

1.Edwards
2.Sauce
3.Blake
4.Whare
5.DWZ
6.Maloney (C)
7.Cleary
8.Tamou
9.Katoa
10.RCG
11.Heatherington
12.Yeo
13.Fish

14.Luai
15.Sele
16.Leota
17.Fuimaono
My team would be:

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. DWZ
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Can't split them
10. Leota
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Luai
15. RCG
16. Grant
17. Sele

So Laui plays dummy half off the bench for you guys? Dunno if he's big enough even though he's bulked up he's still relatively small. Big difference between tackling second rowers on the edge and tackling props prop after prop after prop. I remember him tackling around the legs all the time last year. He'll have to fix that because your team is screwed if you do that in the middle all the time, forwards finding their front that quickly pretty much allows the opposition to roll up the middle with no risk. You have to do pretty specialized training to adapt defensively there like Cook did.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So Laui plays dummy half off the bench for you guys? Dunno if he's big enough even though he's bulked up he's still relatively small. Big difference between tackling second rowers on the edge and tackling props prop after prop after prop. I remember him tackling around the legs all the time last year. He'll have to fix that because your team is screwed if you do that in the middle all the time, forwards finding their front that quickly pretty much allows the opposition to roll up the middle with no risk. You have to do pretty specialized training to adapt defensively there like Cook did.

Katoa is capable of playing big minutes, he’s done heaps of work with Wal and his fitness in the off season. He’ll be an 80min hooker buy rnd 4/5.

Luai won’t need to play in the middle much.

franklin2323

Immortal

Not for me. I think he still has plenty to learn as a half. So for me he like Hetherington should start in NSW Cup.

Injuries or when we want to start to give the halves rests during the game is when I think he should play FG.

My team would be:

Edwards
Mansour
Blake
Whare
DWZ
Tamou
Katoa
Leota
Martin
Yeo
JFH

Egan
RCG
Sele
Jed/Faimono

In saying that I doubt RCG plays off the bench and Martn plays.

I just think Parra are ordinary and while we are fairly injury free is perfect time to try new guys and RCG sucks when he starts