What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Manly Discussion + Voting

austyphoon

Juniors
Macca 3
Gillett 2
Prince 1
Manly handled us pretty good up front. And I thought that was out strong suit going into the game. Hodges made some really poor decisions in defence and they cost us each time. Reed needs to get back his draw and pass or dummy. He just runs straight into the defensive line.
All in all it was a game of 2 halves. Could have sworn we would have gone on with it in the 2nd half. The Gillett and Mantra try's where 10/10!!!
Refs had some pretty terrible calls in that second half, but we don't need excuses. We need more ticker when the chips are down....

Forwards are our strong suit? That's been our problem since midway through last season. Even though we have a SOO forward pack (and 2nd row!), we just CANNOT make meters. We struggle getting out of our own 40m every....single....time.

user_nat

Coach
On the plus side, we scored more/conceded less then the rest of the losers so far this round.

Number 9 here we come (very good chance I'm calling this too early).

00digger00

Juniors
Forwards are our strong suit? That's been our problem since midway through last season. Even though we have a SOO forward pack (and 2nd row!), we just CANNOT make meters. We struggle getting out of our own 40m every....single....time.

Yeah. Going into this game I thought we had the boys up front to get it over on Manly. We had more problems then a ineffective pack late last year.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Well after watching them today, if we can't beat the Dragons next week, we may aswell pack it in. They're one of the worst sides in the comp this season.

ggmu

Juniors
Definatly a tale of 2 halves. Was getting a little excited bout our season in the first half then was brought back to earth in the second. Anyway:
Hodges 3( only back who looks like breaking it open)
Glenn 2(some nice runs and solid in defense)
Prince 1(helped guide the team around the park, with a good half next to him we could do alot better)
Honourable mentions
Macca(we lost all direction when he went off)
Gillett(Looked good in attack, wish he would stop rushing off the line in defense missed the tackle more often then he makes it)

jakepearce94

Juniors
Definatly a tale of 2 halves. Was getting a little excited bout our season in the first half then was brought back to earth in the second. Anyway:
Hodges 3( only back who looks like breaking it open)
Glenn 2(some nice runs and solid in defense)
Prince 1(helped guide the team around the park, with a good half next to him we could do alot better)
Honourable mentions
Macca(we lost all direction when he went off)
Gillett(Looked good in attack, wish he would stop rushing off the line in defense missed the tackle more often then he makes it)
i don't think glenn played that well, macca had some good runs and gillets handling is pretty bad! he juggles the ball nearly every time it is thrown to him.

I actually felt sorry for you whilst watching this match. Never thought I'd feel like that towards the Broncs. If only that Stagg pass went to Parker instead of into no-mans land, felt there was something on then. Andrew McCullough obviously doesn't inspire confidence in the team, Matt Ballin is a QLDer, why don't you sign him?

And what was Locklun Maranta doing on Steven Matai's second try? Flip!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I actually felt sorry for you whilst watching this match. Never thought I'd feel like that towards the Broncs. If only that Stagg pass went to Parker instead of into no-mans land, felt there was something on then. Andrew McCullough obviously doesn't inspire confidence in the team, Matt Ballin is a QLDer, why don't you sign him?

There were a lot of "whys" and "what ifs" in that game that it is quite difficult to pin-point or blame any one particular person.

I think it's a combination of players being out of form and Hook thinking that some players are better than what they actually are.

To be honest the Broncos are still in "trial" mode. They can't work out what their best team is yet.

jakepearce94

Juniors

no, we play better when mccullough is on the field so he must inspire confidence in the team, either that or it's just a coincedence.

Latest posts