What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Scabs

Valheru

Coach
Tommy Smiff saying Goodwin is an average centre when he dominated his opposite and out leapt the whole Easts backline to get a great try...ouch.

Well I guess he technically did outjump everyone but our players didn?t actually jump, they just kind of looked at the ball.

What happened to the 'Brick Wall of Bondi'?

Held up pretty well actually. Continuously turning over possession and penalties meant things opened up late in the game.

RichieB

Juniors
It's hilarious to have souths fans talking it up. may I remind them 43 Years!!!!! and counting.

saint.nick

Coach
Wow... Dragons fans rubbishing the Roosters???

That should come to a fast conclusion when the Drags cop a drubbing from the Tigers on Sunday.

If Dragons have a win in the first 10 rounds this year I will be shocked.

I was rubbishing them in comparison to you guys overall as a club. This will go nowhere as the 3 clubs all mutually dislike eachother anyway.

Big man

Juniors
I have a feeling that Robbo has misjudged the new rules and it's affect on the game. The three man tackle has become a liability in defence for fear of giving away penalties. Friday night saw a majority of one and two man tackles, the bigger the man the more likely he can make a one on one tackle or at least stop the progress of the attacking player to allow a second man in. The Roosters struggled with the big Souths forwards all night and couldn't dominate in tackles and their bench didn't help matters as it lacked size and aggression. Unless Roobo finds one or two big boppers to come off the bench than I'm afraid you will struggle with the bigger moble packs. And for the record, I was that happy with Souths win, our completions were disgraceful and we bomb three tries that should of been scored. We have a hell of a lot of improvement with our game.

Ozzy

First Grade
Hey I think you're finding it hard to accept those cold hard facts. You're also in our shadow too.

:lol: This from a Souths coat-hanging Saints fan. How can we be in the shadow of a team with only one premiership?

It's f**king hilarious how much the scabs are wanking on about round 1 :lol: you can tell that round 26 and Easts winning the comp has burned their fans big time

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's f**king hilarious how much the scabs are wanking on about round 1 :lol: you can tell that round 26 and Easts winning the comp has burned their fans big time
They must have short memories.

I was surprised at how little I cared about the loss. If anything I think it will do us good in the long run.

They've been given a rude awakening to the new touch footy ruck rules and what it will take to win again.

Best lesson that could have come out of the game imo.

Big man

Juniors
They must have short memories.

I was surprised at how little I cared about the loss. If anything I think it will do us good in the long run.

They've been given a rude awakening to the new touch footy ruck rules and what it will take to win again.

Best lesson that could have come out of the game imo.

It's not the fact that Souths won but more to do with how the Roosters lost. Your team was rag dolled throughout the game and the question must be asked on why your club let go of three props last season and only signed a little Frenchman in Casty as a replacement.

From my observation, you only have two recognised props in JWH and Moa, the other contenders namely Evans and Napa are greenhorns and as we witnessed with Napa the other night, he will struggle in big games. The other contenders are Casty and Lui both have experience but are not big boppers who will eat metres and grind out yards in big games. Your club appears to have a depth issue with props and will struggle big time if JWH or Moa get injured or suspended.

Nah I'm fine, life's good being the Premiers and World Champions. It's a shame we can't win the March premiership but the October one will have to do.

Come on matey, I'm trying to be constructive here.

You've spent all off season talking shit about us and now you want to offer constructive observations :lol:

Big man

Juniors
Nah I'm fine, life's good being the Premiers and World Champions. It's a shame we can't win the March premiership but the October one will have to do.

You've spent all off season talking shit about us and now you want to offer constructive observations :lol:

But that wasn't me....I swear.....it was my twin Little Big man.

RichieB

Juniors
No, I am just correcting your maths.

No it's not maths mate...1971 to 2014 is actually 43 years since. What you are correcting me is the calendar as it hasn't actually been exactly 43 years until the day in which souffs won lapses however we all know that it's 43 so why fight it? Then again 42-43-44, it's all the same when you get to that stage.