What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 - what the...?

2 True Blues

Coach
The Mack said:
Who will replace Foley on the bench?

Was wondering the same. Apparently a lot of depth though. I was wondering who is playing for the Rhino's in Beam. With the Jets affiliation with them this season, there are supposed to be Jets signings playing for them when not playing P/league.

Good to see Mitch back in the Royal Blue. With him and Meredith in the side I know atleast the Jets will give it all this saturday. ( A lot of new signings not yet known to me as I have not seen them play yet ).

Byron FORD apparently scored 36 trys for " Hull " the other season though. Gonna have a look at No 2 on Saturday and the other new blokes for sure.

Steve Meredith on the bench with Frank Paul starting with Ray Moujalli.Hopa,Ayoub and a couple of others playing JBC trial this week:crazy:

D

Deleted member 10972

enmore boys high said:
Steve Meredith on the bench with Frank Paul starting with Ray Moujalli.Hopa,Ayoub and a couple of others playing JBC trial this week:crazy:

Where'd you hear this?

Hoppa & Ayoub are Roosters contracted players, what a fall from grace.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Mack said:
Where'd you hear this?

Hoppa & Ayoub are Roosters contracted players, what a fall from grace.

Depends how you look at it. The fact that the Roosters have such quality excess players due to such depth this season is a good thing.

The Beam Cup is definately one of the best quality comp's of footy available after P/league, thus they are getting match fitness and form at a competable ( and the highest remaining ) level available.

They are still available when needed due to injuries/suspension/form lacking above them etc. Whilst reminding those in front of them that they can still be replaced as well. So keep ya game form up.

I reckon it's a great thing actually.

ozzie

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Looks good mate. And roosters have a competable base to bring em thru to you's. good all round. You guys are top eight for sure on paper as well Oz. Should be a good season injuries and suspensions aside.

Question: How many games can we expect Big Willy to play prior to being suspended though this season, hope it is atleast a month. ;-) :lol:
actually he behaved himself last night. That is the first time I have come to Sydney for a game this year and I have only ever seen him on tv. He is not a little boy. God got home at 3.00am but it was bloody worth it

2 True Blues

Coach
Good win from the Roosters though they slacked off towards the end. Good RD 1 game to get the players confidence up and start to gel together though. Looked very positive last night.

Hope some of those " set " move tries pass on down to the Jets in todays game as well.

Gonna start heading up soon.

Go The jets

thing

Juniors
How did the cobra team look (apart from dejected at losing) In particular there a few ex Souths and Norths players in the cobra's now. Would be interested in knowing how these guys went

Cobras.- Travis Robinson (2) Arron Firman-Prop (18) Dean Peters -second row(14)

Jets prop Ray Moujalli

Firman didnt play and i didnt see peters.Selmes played instead.Its going to be a very long year for the cobras.They scored the first try and then the jets warmed up and the ran over them.Moujalli played about 50 m and was very strong with a few offloads.Also perrett had a good game.;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
I thought Sharks looked tired in the second half. defence was poor and jets should have scored half a dozen more tries but through their own handling errors let these opportunitiies slip.

Very positive start for the season as a jets fan though. looked like the guys never really got out of second gear and did it very easily.

If this team can play like this in RD 1, they will be hard to beat when they gel as a team this season.

I thought No 2 for the Sharks/Cobra's looked very good. Thompson did nothing.

In a word, Jets were :

Impressive.

No 2 was travis robinson brother to reece who couldnt get a go at the sharks but started for the broncos against the panthers.:sarcasm:

2 True Blues

Coach
enmore boys high said:
No 2 was travis robinson brother to reece who couldnt get a go at the sharks but started for the broncos against the panthers.:sarcasm:

Yeah, no game programmes at all. RD 1 of the brand new NSWRL comp. Free entry was OK though. But no " beer " on sale