What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Who Wins and Why?

Rammo

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
i think he has alot more passion for the knights than what he had for warrington. He had no cohesion with that team.
Johns led a team that was full of "nuff nuffs" to one of the best records after round 15. Yes they won the spoon, but so what....look at what he did with that team. I recall he even beat the eels at parra after being down 10-0. I think he will get into the head of Tim Smith once again....remember, eels are poor starters to the yr.

Yep, I agree.

The Eels and Dragons are both slow starters, I think the Knights and Tigers will win their respective games comfortably.

I think instead of the Warriors starting the season with -4 points, the should start on 0 and just not receive any points for the Byes. Makes the competition more credible than having a side start on negative points, as well as giving the warriors players a bit more of a feeling that they have a chance to make the 8 as well as giving the fans more reason to beleive they will make the 8, while still receiving the same penalty. May bring better crowds to warriors games

What does it matter?? It's the same diffrenece, and surely even Kiwis are smart enough to see thru such sleight-of-hand there! :lol:

(Just a little joke there my Kiwi cousins! ;-))

But seriously - 4 points was a tap on the bum with a jelly hammer...and if the fans don;t turn out because of that, then they're not bloody any kind of fans to begin with!!!

I SERIOUSLY doubt...had the Bulldogs been busted EARLY in season 2002 - they would have lost anywhere near 37 points!

The NRL simply wouldn't have DONE that to 'their' crowds! Which I think is a BIG BIG factor on why the Warriors got off so light!

Fans should still turn up, and even if they don't at first - if the side wins a few games - they will be back, once they realise - that 4 pts is next to NOTHING!

Tigers - Benji is back, and so is their focus
Eels - Alway a tough game with these 2, Eels should be too good
Panthers - Dogs with no anaster or SBW
Eagles - Shouldnt be too much trouble to pick this one
Warriors - They have a reason to try as hard as they can from day 1
Cowboys - Always rises against the broncos
Roosters - Just too much quality in their team

Eddie.

Bench
Eddie. said:
I may change a few after looking at the teams

Tigers by 12