What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I like it Benny. Dropping Rein might split opinion but after rewatching CS I just can't stand watching him pass to players knees

Rein is a tackling machine, but he is not big enough for lock, and too dumb for hooker. I'll never forget the spray Hornby gave him at Penrith after he took the wrong option on the last tackle, classic. :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Rein is a tackling machine, but he is not big enough for lock, and too dumb for hooker. I'll never forget the spray Hornby gave him at Penrith after he took the wrong option on the last tackle, classic. :lol:

Wasn't that the Parra draw? I remember that was the first derp moment of Rein's derp-filled career

Cagey Mac

Bench
Its likely that Pete will leave back to Newcastle, but I'm not fussed either way. If hes the best option now, I'd be playing him. Gotta play for this season, not next.

As for the front row...yeah, not too scary, but its all weve got! TBH Im not fussed whether or not the opposition are scared, I care that our props can get us on the front foot and make room for the backs. I also think that le'Strange will contribute immensely to that.

That extra metre or couple of metres from every forward every time they get good delivery from the DH is what makes other packs look so much better than ours. Your point Benny is very well made! Rein is so frustrating to watch and L'estrange made so much difference. His DH runs in the CS were also a standout.

possm

Coach
We still have the WCC game so I might still change my mind howver, this is the team I would like to see for Round 1:

Dugan
Nabuli
Mata'utia
Aitken
Nightingale
Widdop -
Marshall

An exciting backline with the capability to excite our fans

O'Brien
Le'Strange - 80min hooker
Packer - I still hold hope he will be registered in time
Thompson
Frizzell

Creagh

Merrin
De Belin

Cooper
Rose

A big pack with an 80min hooker mixed with youth and experience.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
We still have the WCC game so I might still change my mind howver, this is the team I would like to see for Round 1:

Dugan
Nabuli
Mata'utia
Aitken
Nightingale
Widdop -
Marshall

O'Brien
Thompson
Frizzell

Creagh

Merrin
De Belin

Cooper
Rose

Another good line up. But very hard for a hooker to play 80, so we need a utility on the bench. Wouldn't it be good to have someone who can fill in at 9 and maybe also play some back row, like Young used too........

jenninga

First Grade

Dugan
Nabuli
Mata'utia
Aitken
Nightingale
Widdop -
Marshall

O'Brien
Thompson
Frizzell

Creagh

Merrin
De Belin

Cooper
Rose

Don't often agree with you possm,but I like your team.Only change I would pick is Marketo on the bench,a little more versatile .Probably at the expense of JDB atm.
An 80 min hooker is also a risk,don't know that Heath is good enough to handle the pressure of 80 min.

BrissyRedV

Bench
1. Widdop
2. Eto
3. Dugan
4.Aitken
5. Flo
6. Hutchison
7. Benji
8. Creagh
9. Stranger
10. O'Brien
11. Frizz
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Merrin
15. Ah Mau
16. Cooper
17. Butcher

Dea

Juniors
Last year our pack was too small and teams ran over and through us. We got some size but now when picking the team choose a similar pack to that which didn't measure up last year. Now, maybe Dean Young has been effective as forwards coach and the old boys are playing better? So are doing the same things expecting a different result (definition of insanity)

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Last year our pack was too small and teams ran over and through us. We got some size but now when picking the team choose a similar pack to that which didn't measure up last year. Now, maybe Dean Young has been effective as forwards coach and the old boys are playing better? So are doing the same things expecting a different result (definition of insanity)

We need a big unit to start in the front row with Creagh. O'Brien or even Rose will do until we get a packer or someone else like Nappa. I still don't understand why people keep picking Ah Mau in their team. Shocking defence on the edges, but ppl on here say he is a middle player and will defend better in the middle. I'm still not convinced.

Besides that, as others have already said, we now have a decent 9 who will be able to organise our forwards. Will make a big difference.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Georgie Rose, MOM in the Indigenous v All Stars game augurs well for his chances and for our pack in general

ellskimore

Juniors
So after today's positive showing against the Wolves how has that altered your Round 1 team lineups?

I'm thinking a lot of you will wanna see a new centre pairing. Are you a fan of the four forwards off the bench? Would you prefer a utility there?

I would like to see Marketo in the 17. Realistically that probably means no utility though. Personally I am fine with Rein playing the 80, although I know a lot here will disagree. Where does this all leave Mike Cooper?

We have some good depth and plenty of options. It will be interesting to see the team sheet for Round 1.

kit66

Bench
So after today's positive showing against the Wolves how has that altered your Round 1 team lineups?

I'm thinking a lot of you will wanna see a new centre pairing. Are you a fan of the four forwards off the bench? Would you prefer a utility there?

I would like to see Marketo in the 17. Realistically that probably means no utility though. Personally I am fine with Rein playing the 80, although I know a lot here will disagree. Where does this all leave Mike Cooper?

We have some good depth and plenty of options. It will be interesting to see the team sheet for Round 1.

The only changes I'd make to mine is G.Rose to start on the bench in place of JDB and I'd give him a few more minutes than he got this morning. I would also consider giving Marketo or Matthews a bench spot ahead of Nutira until ( or if ) he shows some improvement in the Cutters. Also it wouldn't hurt to have Thompson and Merrin swap for the first 20 mins.

On the centres, I'm happy with my picks but wouldn't moan if Aitken got picked instead.

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Runciman
4. Mata'utia
5. Nightie
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brien
9. Rein
10. Ah Mau
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Rose
15. Cooper
16. Nutira out / Marketo in
17. Thompson / L'estrange

BennyV

Referee
The only changes I'd make to mine is G.Rose to start on the bench in place of JDB and I'd give him a few more minutes than he got this morning. I would also consider giving Marketo or Matthews a bench spot ahead of Nutira until ( or if ) he shows some improvement in the Cutters. Also it wouldn't hurt to have Thompson and Merrin swap for the first 20 mins.

On the centres, I'm happy with my picks but wouldn't moan if Aitken got picked instead.

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Runciman
4. Mata'utia
5. Nightie
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brien
9. Rein
10. Ah Mau
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Rose
15. Cooper
16. Nutira out / Marketo in
17. Thompson / L'estrange

Lol Thompson was among our best at the WCS and you wanna bench, possibly drop him?! And to put Creagh on the edge?! Silly boy.

kit66

Bench
Lol Thompson was among our best at the WCS and you wanna bench, possibly drop him?! And to put Creagh on the edge?! Silly boy.

Read it again, I put him on the bench and suggested playing him for the first 20 with Merrin on the bench. Creagh will probably wear the 13 all year, doesn't matter, we all know he'll be in the middle. I gave him the 11 jersey out of habit.