What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Sunday 13th May v Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

Curns13

Juniors
Angus is one and Reyno is unlikely but could be a rank outsider.
I thought you meant for Souths during origin. I was expecting you to bring up 18 year old playing Flegg or some Bears gun I hadn’t heard of.

Can’t see either of them playing SOO. NSW most stacked position is backrow. Frizell, Jackson, Cordner, Trobjevic are all certainties if fit and I’d say Sims, de Bellin, Graham are all ahead of Angus.

doyen

Bench
So what do we think are we genuine contenders?

I know this is just one game but the only side that worries me is Melbourne, if we can make it in to the 4 it’s up to anyone.

As I said,we are a very good team;[emphasis on TEAM] & are certainly capable now of making the top 4!!
Like you,I reckon,the Storm is the only side I rate genuinely ahead of us!!

Travitoh

First Grade
Melbourne, Penrith and St George are still the standard imo but (without getting ahead of myself) outside of that, there's no reason why Souths can't finish 4th.
Easts could still click and make a run at it but they are where they are for a reason and considering they've had minimal issues with injury and suspension, depth is still a question.

southsport

First Grade
I thought you meant for Souths during origin. I was expecting you to bring up 18 year old playing Flegg or some Bears gun I hadn’t heard of.

Can’t see either of them playing SOO. NSW most stacked position is backrow. Frizell, Jackson, Cordner, Trobjevic are all certainties if fit and I’d say Sims, de Bellin, Graham are all ahead of Angus.
True but I thought Angus could be selected in the squad.

The bears didn't go too well today, not many smokies in there unfortunately.

southsport

First Grade
As I said,we are a very good team;[emphasis on TEAM] & are certainly capable now of making the top 4!!
Like you,I reckon,the Storm is the only side I rate genuinely ahead of us!!
The storm are a bit of an enigma this year imo, I'm not sure what to make of them.

doyen

Bench
The storm are a bit of an enigma this year imo, I'm not sure what to make of them.

The Storm,I agree, are all over the place & I would back us to beat them if we play well in the style we're now displaying!
On the big stage, though,the Storm are a much different kettle of fish!

doyen

Bench
True but I thought Angus could be selected in the squad.

The bears didn't go too well today, not many smokies in there unfortunately.

Crichton would be in the mix for SOO---just imagine how well he would go in the very best company!!

The players mentioned by Curns don't have Angus's class or speed,IMO!!

southsport

First Grade
The Storm,I agree, are all over the place & I would back us to beat them if we play well in the style we're now displaying!
I can't disagree with that.

callmack1

Staff member
Look, we can't get too ahead of ourselves at all because there is sucj a long way to go. From here, you just have no idea what will happen so we can't get too ahead of ourselves that's for sure.

However, todays performance was friggin huge. I don't think we're putting enough emphasis on how big it actually was. The belief and confidence will be sky high in the group.

Honestly, from here, I think we can do anything and can be right up there because we still have so much improvement in us.

But like I say, we mustn't get ahead of ourselves because you never know what might happen.

For now, lets just enjoy a fantastic win! What a great way to finish a great Round, I always love Indigenous Round!

Curns13

Juniors
Just going on today's form I would have to agree.
Can’t get selected for SOO on one good game in an otherwise average first half of the season. He hadnt earned even one overall point in our best on ground before today. As a QLDer i’d be happy as if you pick him.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Can’t get selected for SOO on one good game in an otherwise average first half of the season. He hadnt earned even one overall point in our best on ground before today. As a QLDer i’d be happy as if you pick him.
Don't forget he is going to the roosters and Fittler is NSW coach. ;)

Dogmatix

Juniors
The comp is wide open this season. Souths are one of the teams that could win it. It would help a lot if Inglis comes good with his knee injury late in the season and goes to another level. Right now he is doing OK as part of decoy plays but he is well below his past best. But my impression of ACL injury returning players is that they can improve after a few months of play

Crichton has been quiet so far this season but good signs from him today. If both Crichton and Inglis can finish off the season well then Souths are right at the top of the list to win this comp. Also a guy like Fuimaono looked really promising before he came to Souths, maybe he can add something too

Storm don't appear up for it this season but can only turn it on for odd big games

themacemaceman

Juniors

I concur.
They are not the team the once were. Very inconsistent at present are the storm.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Well who would of thought the brains trust at Rabbitohs HQ actually knew what they were doing when they Announced Seibold as head coach and the signings that were made for this year.

It appears that they actually know more about football than the collective brains of us keyboard warriors, who would of thunk it?

Old Shadow (and his mate who was high up at Souths) must be choking on his humble pie with the team of duds who couldn't bend a line back doing so well.
(Shadow we know your lurking out there under a new name)

Well done to Richo , the recruitment team and Seibs on the season so far.

We are playing an exciting brand of football and starting to show some steel in defence.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Pommy

Coach
Well who would of thought the brains trust at Rabbitohs HQ actually knew what they were doing when they Announced Seibold as head coach and the signings that were made for this year.

It appears that they actually know more about football than the collective brains of us keyboard warriors, who would of thunk it?

Old Shadow (and his mate who was high up at Souths) must be choking on his humble pie with the team of duds who couldn't bend a line back doing so well.
(Shadow we know your lurking out there under a new name)

Well done to Richo , the recruitment team and Seibs on the season so far.

We are playing an exciting brand of football and starting to show some steel in defence.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

It’s not even hard to see who he is.

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 @southsport @Itsamansgame @The Windsor Rabbit

Belt it out lads!!! I don't have much voice left and my hands are red raw from clapping!!!! Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the boyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz get that up ya Souths haters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I must have a hearty lol@Mcturtle...... I'm nearly on the floor over here laughing so hard........ he just gives penalties away and throws forward passes and gets away with em......

Cooookkkkkkieeeeeeee for origin no.9. If not I'm done with the Blues for their deadset bias against Souths players............. hierarchy stinks for the Blues over the years...... I've just about had enough.

Cookie has outplayed Mctortoise the past 6 f**king times we have played them hands down!!!! Not much more he can do!

Anyhow it's time for:

Oh and go AR you champ mate. What defence. Just brilliant grit from him today and saves our bacon multiple times!!!!!! I believe AR will keep getting better. Champions don't stay down for long!

Rabbits20

Immortal
on the behalf of penrith, thank you for winning. makes 1st place easier for us ;)
Mate please knock off the Tigers next week.

It'd be greatly appreciated!

Then knock of St George please the week after;)

You guys are Prem favs imo;)