What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All,

I have watched Zac Lomax for years now in NRL ( he 1st played in 2017). He has never lived up to the big wraps placed on him ( not his fault that pundits had such high opinions). He lacks genuine pace, rarely troubles the defence, pass mark at tackling but normally a good goal kicker. Has made occasional classy high ball catches but drops just as many, got away silky flicky passes but many go to ground. He is on top coin.

since getting dropped this week there has been some posters still pushing the ‘give him space; give him clean ball, plenty worse, needs better coaching‘ type comments etc etc. I think he has reached the height of his abilities but not in the league of centres like mitchell, Manu, Chrichton Ramien, Graham, Staggs and more.

Dragon David

First Grade
Maybe, but will he bring Schuster with him ???
I don't know what the outcome of the dramas will be for Schuster. He could very well end up with the Tigers, but like so many things we hear and read, they are rumours and speculative journalism.

I'd like to see who is fact is signed up for next year before I "speculate" myself.

kit66

Bench
So rumours of Hunt to 9 at some point in the game ? I can't see Hook trusting Amone and Bud at 6 & 7, he'll likely switch Mbye to 7 if the Hunt rumour is true because that's what Hook does.
Obviously Hook didn't watch the Wests game last week, if he did he would have seen a perfect example of a player lifting against his old team i.e. Koroisau - a hooker even, hello Hook.......anybody home......hellooooo !

BLM01

First Grade
Hi All,

I have watched Zac Lomax for years now in NRL ( he 1st played in 2017). He has never lived up to the big wraps placed on him ( not his fault that pundits had such high opinions). He lacks genuine pace, rarely troubles the defence, pass mark at tackling but normally a good goal kicker. Has made occasional classy high ball catches but drops just as many, got away silky flicky passes but many go to ground. He is on top coin.

since getting dropped this week there has been some posters still pushing the ‘give him space; give him clean ball, plenty worse, needs better coaching‘ type comments etc etc. I think he has reached the height of his abilities but not in the league of centres like mitchell, Manu, Chrichton Ramien, Graham, Staggs and more.
TBH I was a passionate advocate for a young Zac in the early days because could see the potential as a classy centre and he still has it. He has never been the same since Jess decided an internal staffer was more appealing and he went through tough times personally.
Yes the last 2 years his form has dropped due to trying to be too fancy instead of knuckling down but it is true what has been inside of him and our flat attack has not helped. He has lost speed and maybe the clubs focus has been too much on size and weights. He needs sprint training again..I dunno
I have not given up on him yet he just needs tough but good game and personal management coaching
Des is the man and he will scare the life out of half of our mob with expectation and his work ethic
They will either want to join the Desmobile fitness and game plan focus or it will be . bye bye.
And that could include Suli again but he has started to show signs of maturity. He is another centre that needs some game and game plan management to utilise his strengths

since77

Juniors
Hi All,

I can see all of these points and at least your opinion here is respectful. I do think Zac is a prime example of a being a victim of our terrible setup and years of literally having the football and joy of playing squeezed out of him by 2 successive moron coaches. Of course he’s not the only player in this setup to go backwards. They all have, every single one.
So let’s do a thought experiment here....Swap all of those players you mentioned with Zac. Zac plays for Souths, Roosters, Sharks or Broncos. Then put those players you mentioned in a Dragons team under McGregor or Griffin. Who flourishes and who flops? I’m betting every single one of those players struggles or goes backwards if they play here. And I’m betting Zac is playing great football if in one of those back lines and playing behind dominant forwards and creative halves. You HAVE to take into account the setups these players play under.
Is Zac badly out of form? Of course. But geez he’s been playing in one of the worst attacking teams of the last decade and played under 2 woefully out of their depth coaches for the last 5 years or so. I honesty think he’ll come good and if it’s true he’s one of the leaders of the anti-Griffin faction in the team, then I think he knows all of the above as well.

TheRev

First Grade
He might have lost some speed.. but Zac still has far more potential imo with his agility, footwork and skill... than any of the tanks we run in (Rava, Feagai x2, Suli, Moga).. id still back him to turn and chase faster than any of the others.... or get aerial... Right now we don't have any attacking structure.. literally.. we are rudderless.. and our outside backs bare the brunt of that imo.. they have all turned into extra forwards.. that's the coach and the 7. Zac is still my 1st choice right centre.. though I understand the appeal of Suli.. especially under our current coach.

It's a bit of a shame we have to push through 2023 first before our new coach comes in, but im looking forward to the reset button when it comes.. its very hard to make meaningful change in the training session or 2 between NRL games mid-season.

Banger

Juniors
After we lost to the scumdogs last week I put $100 on Tigers to beat us @ $2.25
Cash out is currently $105

What should I do?

Old Timer

Coach
After we lost to the scumdogs last week I put $100 on Tigers to beat us @ $2.25
Cash out is currently $105

What should I do?
What's the bank rate?
If less than 5% then its a shame you didn't have a few more 00000's in the number.
Take the dosh and run.

Latest posts