What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Warriors

franklin2323

Immortal
I assume same team will be announced.

This is a must win game at home playing a team under us on the table. I fear we will be flat after a great performance on Sunday.

Hope I am wrong though

panthersam

Juniors
I feel the boys will have no problem winnings this one, they look like they are starting to play for each other and Moylan has been nothing short of special so far. Given that with our great record against the Warriors I believe we should cruise to victory :)

Predicted score for me is Panthers 32-12 with T. Robinson and Matty Moylan both crossing for doubles

soc123_au

Staff member
I would like to see Roberts in for Brown, Brown to take Newtons bench spot. Although I really couldn't complain with the same 17 named. Really looking forward to this game now.

Big Mick

Referee
Roberts isn't match fit yet.

Apparently even got taken off during the game on Sunday due to fatigue.

So I'd say he'd be back around the Tigers game or first Dragons game after the bye.

I anticipate the same team to be named. I don't think anyone has put their hand up and don't think anyone would be fit enough yet.

When Jeremy Latimore is fit I'd like to see him replace Masoe...I've not been impressed with him. Our defense started giving up plenty of metres through the middle once Grant/Plum came off and Masoe came on.

Anderson looked better and more active than Masoe in any case.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am happy to wait until Ivan thinks he is ready. I know we were screaming for Moylans inclusion for quite a while before it happened, but Ivan seems to have timed it well, the kid is going extremely well. If he had of been bought in too soon who knows.

meek

Juniors
I think we may need Masoe's size against the warriors - but i guess our smaller forwards at this stage are playing above there weight - just a bit worried with Packer and co ripping into our small forwards - they play a very agressive style of play and could unsettle the likes of Plum and Docker.
IMO against big aggressive teams like the warriors we need more size and our smaller forwards may be found out

Last edited:

meek

Juniors
Oh Know maybe i shouldnt say that
maybe Ivans thinking the same thing and that could prelude the return of the
"Collosus " Ciraldo

LOL

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
I think we may need Masoe's size against the warriors - but i guess our smaller forwards at this stage are playing above there weight - just a bit worried with Packer and co ripping into our small forwards - they play a very agressive style of play and could unsettle the likes of Plum and Docker.
IMO against big aggressive teams like the warriors we need more size and our smaller forwards may be found out
Plum and Docker may have their limitations from a size perspective, but I don't think playing against big packs has unsettled them. Was it just me, but I thought when they both left the field (coincidentally they were both off at the same time) I felt the Storm started to get a roll on up the middle. Once they came back on we steadied the ship and they started going sideways again.

Did you hear Hindmarsh on commentary?

Fox presenter "Hindy, did you ever get on the receiving end of a Plum hit?"
Hindmarsh winces and laughs "Yes, only once. I made sure it didn't happen again".

Izz

Bench
Not quite sure why people still think we have a huge pack. Matulino and Packer have size, but our other forwards don't really.

Anyhoo, i think you guys will get up over us this weekend. We just seem to turn off after an hour.

Big Mick

Referee

Well Latimore isn't back for another 4-5 weeks.

So I'm more than happy to stick with Mose. But I'd rather drop Mose to accommodate Latimore down the line than Anderson.

franklin2323

Immortal
Roberts isn't match fit yet.

Apparently even got taken off during the game on Sunday due to fatigue.

So I'd say he'd be back around the Tigers game or first Dragons game after the bye.

I anticipate the same team to be named. I don't think anyone has put their hand up and don't think anyone would be fit enough yet.

Yeah. He wont play til atleast after the bye. He's never played centre before even so needs 4 weeks minimum.

He and Nabuli were cramping up bad.

maple_69

Bench
Meek you have an unnatural obsession with Ciraldo.
Had anyone heard how O'Donnell has gone since he returned?

Our linespeed was fantastic against Melbourne. It wasn't just Plum and Docker but a cohesive line that cramped them. As much as they had a bit of an off night I don't think we've been given the credit we deserve for forcing the game our way with defense.

meek

Juniors
Meek you have an unnatural obsession with Ciraldo.
Had anyone heard how O'Donnell has gone since he returned?

Our linespeed was fantastic against Melbourne. It wasn't just Plum and Docker but a cohesive line that cramped them. As much as they had a bit of an off night I don't think we've been given the credit we deserve for forcing the game our way with defense.

LOL yes i do
for many games we had to put up with Ciraldo IMO playing shite and still apearing on the team sheet everyweek - I think it is becuse he does give us a bit more size so my obsession as you put it
is more abt the belief that he will again end up in the team becasue of our lack of size and again satrt palying shite

but point taken
NO more Ciraldo talk from me - Ditto

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Would be happy to NEVER see Collosus Ciraldo again in first Grade lol. There is no way he could replace Docker the way he has played. We can only dream he wont be back anyway.

HankScorpio

Juniors
Tuesday announcement is usually a copy paste job anyway.

Walsh seems to have improved his consistency to one week on, one week off, so Warriors will probably get this one :p

meek

Juniors
Tuesday announcement is usually a copy paste job anyway.

Walsh seems to have improved his consistency to one week on, one week off, so Warriors will probably get this one :p

HA HA very funny
Think you may be right tho - thats what makes it even funnier
hes had 1 good game - so must be due for a bad one

Only Hope is Isaac John Steps up - think he will

LOL

Last edited: