What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Knights...

I’ve never bothered being a Mary basher as there’s already enough of that out there.. But they looked totally disinterested from the first set and for me that’s a culture thing which squarely sit with the coaching staff... boys v men today...
No Direction
No Commitment in defence.
Worse of all...
No Heart
and NO SOUL as a football team.
While you can point a finger at various players, I agree that the culture of the team is non existent.
Brownie's knockers are particularly quiet these days.
Made McGregor look stupid today.
Far too much carry on about JDB and Widdop's absence.
Focus on the football - create a siege mentality. Do something other than look for excuses.
McGregor's record since his sweetheart extension 0-4...
Congratulations BJ - you and your Board are a laughing stock.

rednwhites

Juniors
I can only think the Dragons were inspired by the NRL Touch competition before the match. That's what it looked like they were playing today.

jeffdragon

Bench
No Direction
No Commitment in defence.
Worse of all...
No Heart
and NO SOUL as a football team.
While you can point a finger at various players, I agree that the culture of the team is non existent.
Brownie's knockers are particularly quiet these days.
Made McGregor look stupid today.
Far too much carry on about JDB and Widdop's absence.
Focus on the football - create a siege mentality. Do something other than look for excuses.
McGregor's record since his sweetheart extension 0-4...
Congratulations BJ - you and your Board are a laughing stock.

The players made Mary look bad as the knights players made Brown look good.

jeffdragon

Bench
That was diabolical. We were never in that match. There’s no point critiquing that game because it’s the culmination of several threads already in here.
Whilst I feel bad we lost(we’ve actually lost our way as a club)I feel for those who travelled & sat through that garbage.
.it's not worth it to go to all the games
Less painful.

jeffdragon

Bench
OPEN LETTER TO THE BOARD
If per chance you have in the past, a snide remark to those of us that bag your choice of coach for our beloved RED V, such as "who are they to criticise, they could not do better." Then I am here to say on public record that, yes we can, from just here on the forum a better coaching staff than the one you pay millions to, does exist..
We hereby request the termination of said coaching staff forthwith to be replaced by an interim coaching staff from this forum with available funds to hire the most suitable qualified football dept staff available and at our
discretion.
A comprehensive manifest can be made available to you, from us, by the end of this week.
We look forward to your public response to our request.
In the meantime, our hearts break at your repeated efforts and success to secure the current coaching staff in the face of repeated failures over the years and our vociferous pleas to not do so.

Unfortunately it will amount to ZERO..

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I think what we saw today was what we normally see later in the year with our forwards exhausted and playing injured. This is as a result of playing our starters long minutes.

I was evident to me as our forwards were running one out and slow; slow in the play the ball and slow first move in defense. Mary needs to be held accountable for his poor roster management. We made no forward yards in the ruck and Newcastle were energetic.

Time for the Board to start asking questions.

Life's Good

Coach
I think what we saw today was what we normally see later in the year with our forwards exhausted and playing injured. This is as a result of playing our starters long minutes.

I was evident to me as our forwards were running one out and slow; slow in the play the ball and slow first move in defense. Mary needs to be held accountable for his poor roster management. We made no forward yards in the ruck and Newcastle were energetic.

Time for the Board to start asking questions.
The board asked the question & the answer was yes to a coaching extension. It’s game set & match for another 2 years of pain. Wishing for something else is time wasted. It’s not worth it.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Don’t wait until next year. Wait until Mary goes. Which might be some years to go, because after the first 3 rounds of 2021. they’ll extend his contract until 2024.
Mary will be gone soon and won't put up a fight. He and other old boys are happy to leave providing they get their golden handshake. So first Mary and then Millward who our new coach would not want.

sa1nt5

Juniors
Nathan Brown should have always been our target his stats are some of the best of all current NRL coaches. Make no mistake if this Newcastle team give him a premiership in the next year or 2 he will build a dynasty similar to what Craig Bellamy has done with Melbourne. when Browny got there Newcastle couldn't beat a drum.

Pablooo

Juniors
Nathan Brown should have always been our target his stats are some of the best of all current NRL coaches. Make no mistake if this Newcastle team give him a premiership in the next year or 2 he will build a dynasty similar to what Craig Bellamy has done with Melbourne. when Browny got there Newcastle couldn't beat a drum.

Yes but he has signed a very very good playing roster which is a help.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I know we are missing two quality 5/8s and the JDB decision may have impacted mentally BUT we were pathetic. They targeted our little guys. Field was forced to do 20 tackles. They ran at him all day and at times our bigger men were drawn in to help him, at other times he and Hunt were left isolated. Dufty played poorly but the other 16 also contributed as well.

possm

Coach
Yes but he has signed a very very good playing roster which is a help.
Brown could sign a very good roster and coach at the same time. Millward signs convenient signings and Mary can't coach. Who do you say has the better system, Dragons or Knights?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You mean Millward, who has signed Hunt, Norman, Graham, Vaughn, Sims x2...

You’re addressing your concerns to the wrong person. This all rests on Mary.

In no particular order: Latimore, Nicholls, MacDonald, Nicholls, Allgood, McCrone, Milne, Fai Fai Lia and Marketo (who, incidentally, I didn’t mind from an utility perspective)

getsmarty

Immortal
I know we are missing two quality 5/8s and the JDB decision may have impacted mentally BUT we were pathetic. They targeted our little guys. Field was forced to do 20 tackles. They ran at him all day and at times our bigger men were drawn in to help him, at other times he and Hunt were left isolated. Dufty played poorly but the other 16 also contributed as well.

Not a legitimate excuse..Sharks have had up to 7 out and a "Rookie Coach " in his first year and they still turn up to play and win....McGregor hasn't got the tactical ability to change the tide of the game mid stream....never has....

2010Dragons

Bench
DISGRACEFUL PERFORMANCE.
Threes week they have choked in the second half.
Today they choked in the beginning of the game.
They did everything possible to lose the game.
They look like they just didn’t want to play.
Has the De Belin case mess up their heads?

HEADS SHOULD ROLL.

sa1nt5

Juniors
I remember before a Grand final some years ago an ad before the game was of an old timer I think he was 98 years old and decked out from head to toe in St George gear and he said something like this

I was there when Brian Clay would hurt 'em when Raper would carve them up and Reg was just magic. The hardest man at training and at the game was always our captain and coach Norm Provan, every week every game his red and white blood would flow he never gave up and you could see that in his eye's
I seen the victory and cried when we went down but we're back up again and I don't have long any more, all my friends have left me and all I have are the Saints, so come on Saints please do it one more time for me before I go.

I am not 100% sure but I don't think that old man made it through the next few days to see if they done it one more time for him.

sadly I am glad he is not alive today to see his beloved Saints capitulating