What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Knights...

blacksafake

First Grade
Disgusting performance.
Today was the first time I’ve ever turned off at halftime & I’ve sat through so many other poor games over the years.
The comment from the CEO when they re-signed L plate was he is passionate about the club & has created a harmonious culture during the difficult JDB saga. Well that culture didn’t last long. Zero wins capped off by today’s effort ( if you could call it that) since his extension :rage::rage:

denis preston

First Grade
McGregor saying he may have to make some changes since same players are making same errors and give penalties and obviously not listening. Which is code for I know changes need to be made but I'm too gutless to make the tough calls so I'll pick the same side and hope for a different result.
Dufty , Lomax gone ? Surely Hunt is making the same mistakes every week at present ? Bet he wont sack him !

Bench
I would love to see Phil Gould, who I hate to come in and put the cleaners through our coaching staff.
I note that McIdiot said Lats has been playing injured from round one. That could have affected him last few games.
I admire Dufty but he needs to be replaced, he is more of a liability now, coaches have learnt how to get round his speed
I think there is something going on with the club affecting our players.

Gareth67

First Grade
It was just so bluudy disgraceful ! Those jerks who run the J.V. should be dragged away in chains for their absolute arrogance in appointing the same fool as a coach who simply has no idea - and never has , nor never will .

We know that nothing will change whilst Mary is the coach , the team may have an occasional good game and actually win ( lawd forbid ! ) but I now have an awful feeling about just how close to the wooden spoon the Dragons will be this season .

Just so hard to watch the team that one supports when knowing full well that there is no fire in their belly - they are meek and fair game for all other teams in the competition. “ we play St.George Illawarra next week , a sure 2 points “ . If only he would do a Bill Shorten and resign gracefully , then we could all breathe more easily.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dufty , Lomax gone ? Surely Hunt is making the same mistakes every week at present ? Bet he wont sack him !

As with last year, Hunt is struggling the demands of doing everything in attack. Widdop had the same problem between 2014-17.

Field has proven he is ready for first grade in a physical sense but still has a long way to travel.

The players made Mary look bad as the knights players made Brown look good.
Come on JD...seriously?
Did you listen to the press conference?
Just a few of the gems:
** "We are playing like a top 4 side in the first half and as a bottom 4 side in the second half...until today which put a full stop to that"
After a journo asked him did he think that some players were too comfortable? "Some of the new blokes could be getting comfortable because there is no experience out there".
He mentioned injuries and the absence of experienced players as one of the major problems.
He also went to great lengths to say that JDB was a big part of our club and that he expected him to play today. Why would he expect that and not prepare as if he wouldn't be there?

Every club has injuries and other issues to deal with.
The good coaches still find ways to win.
Best example is Manly under Hasler today.
Missing Tommy Turbo, DCE and Lachlan Croker and not only competed but beat a pretty solid Cronulla side.
Look at the discipline, commitment in defence and especially Hasler's selections and use of the bench compared to ours.
That does not have a lot to do with the players.

hazzbeen

Bench
Come on JD...seriously?
Did you listen to the press conference?
Just a few of the gems:
** "We are playing like a top 4 side in the first half and as a bottom 4 side in the second half...until today which put a full stop to that"
After a journo asked him did he think that some players were too comfortable? "Some of the new blokes could be getting comfortable because there is no experience out there".
He mentioned injuries and the absence of experienced players as one of the major problems.
He also went to great lengths to say that JDB was a big part of our club and that he expected him to play today. Why would he expect that and not prepare as if he wouldn't be there?

Every club has injuries and other issues to deal with.
The good coaches still find ways to win.
Best example is Manly under Hasler today.
Missing Tommy Turbo, DCE and Lachlan Croker and not only competed but beat a pretty solid Cronulla side.
Look at the discipline, commitment in defence and especially Hasler's selections and use of the bench compared to ours.
That does not have a lot to do with the players.
Dennis I'm over him , and the board .... Neither have any idea about this game .....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dufty was rag dolled all day long.
Our wingers had no impact.
Our bench had no impact even though Leilua is playing better and Kerr had a go at least.
Having Aitkin on the bench is just a luxury we cannot afford.
Kurt Mann played great for Newcastle and Pearce demolished Hunt today.
Sad day for the club with no improvement in sight.
Korbin Sims, Norman and Widdop late in the season are of no consequence even though we may improve.
This is not about missing a few players.
It is a poor culture that cannot be turned around easily.

SaintPeter

Juniors
I cant begin to express how unimpressed I am with Dufty.
IMO The kid is out of his depth and should be looked after by the coaching staff with a not so gentle, just play in reserves mate. (until we get back to you).
He is not anywhere near first grade standard.
I find it embarrassing that he is in first grade,, and surely many other supporters do too.
I know all our problems are not his fault, it goes deeper than that, etc etc.
But Jees, he stands out as being (a bit of) a joke.

Over to you Mary? please.... someone else in the number one jersey.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
For crying out loud!
I'm sorry but it has to be said.
What an absolute disgrace.
There's no other club in the competition that gets drubbed with such monotonous regularity as St George Illawarra.
Doesn't the club's proud heritage and colours mean anything?
All the talk during the week.... These people don't understand the weight of the words they utter. The whole club needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. It's not so much an issue of talent as it's an issue of attitude, spirit, heart!

Last edited:
For crying out loud!
I'm sorry but it has to be said.
What an absolute disgrace.
There's no other club in the competition that gets drubbed with such monotonous regularity as St George Illawarra.
Doesn't the club's proud heritage and colours mean anything?
All the talk during the week.... These people don't understand the weight of the words they utter. The whole club needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. It's not so much an issue of talent as it's an issue of attitude, spirit, heart!
Yes indeed but who cares as long as we have a "stable and harmonious" environment thanks to Paul McGregor's great man management skills.
Thank goodness he steered us through the JDB disruption....
BJ and his old mate McGregor are a joke.
What an embarrassment!

rasaint

Juniors
Yes we are all hurting.

It’s hard to put your finger on things as to why we are tanking this year.

Truly when the JDB decision came through I expected a poor game. I think the players believe in JD B ( either rightly or wrongly ) and very disappointed for him and his mental state.

I notice possum stating that Na5han Brown should be the target. He sits at 24% win % over 80 games. That is terrible record, but this year his fourth at the nights is shaping a lot better.

Yes we are all hurting.

It’s hard to put your finger on things as to why we are tanking this year.

Truly when the JDB decision came through I expected a poor game. I think the players believe in JD B ( either rightly or wrongly ) and very disappointed for him and his mental state.

I notice possum stating that Na5han Brown should be the target. He sits at 24% win % over 80 games. That is terrible record, but this year his fourth at the nights is shaping a lot better.
With due respect, it isn't that hard to put your finger on why we are tanking.
I say it is just a continuation of incompetence that has plagued our club over the last 5 years.
McGregor will tell you it is the absence of JDB, Widdop's injury and a myriad of other excuses that he thinks up before each weekend.
The JDB issue should not have even been considered.
Pick the team and personnel that you are sure will be available.
Stop all the empathy and false loyalty hoping that one player will make a remarkable and triumphant return to FG and save your bacon.
Far too much focus and discussion internally and externally about the JBD case - especially considering the seriousness of the legal action in progress.
McGregor's job is to get the team up every week and to compete to the bitter end.
Capitulations like today are common place with McGregor as coach and for that reason alone, he should be shown the door.
These big losses and surrender of big leads is demoralizing for the players and decimates their confidence.

Latest posts