What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Panthers Discussion + Voting

DecoyRunner

Juniors
I don't know what you're getting in a tizzy about Beads.

That was a really bad miss on Kingston.

That was a bad miss on Gordon.

He did absolutely nothing on that Tahu try, he was caught out.

Yet the man was still able to get a pass away because the tackle was ineffective.

Look I like Beale and think he'd make a good fullback but he was definitely shown up in defence last night.

ET - Frisby? Really? He just seems like an ordinary NYC half to me.

He is. Very one dimensional. Has a bit of spark about him and he plays with confidence but can't see him as a priority tbh. I'll be happy if he proves me wrong, though.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
He is. Very one dimensional. Has a bit of spark about him and he plays with confidence but can't see him as a priority tbh. I'll be happy if he proves me wrong, though.

Not my priority. The Club's priority.
I haven't see him go around enough. He's injured atm isn't he?

Mr Fourex

Bench
For those awarding Beale points last night obviously are not watching the game close enough.
Let me point this out for the average viewer. We all can't be expert like myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfT3fPMbZys

.37 Nice hand grab
.45 Nice hand grab
2.33 Nice Hand grab
2.49 Caught in no man's land
3:30 Ineffective tackle

4 of his attempts resulted in direct tries :crazy:

0.37 - you're taking the piss....you're blaming Beale for that? A big fast man over a smaller fast man will win 9/10 that close to the line. I would be more calling Wallace out on that one

0.45 - yeah agreed......ordinary attempt from Beale

2.33 - again, you have to be kidding. Beale? Really? Are you sure you haven't got Beale and Wallace mixed up, because once again Wallace was at fault there.......

2.49 - Mate ......just what do you expect the fullback to do when he has two players running at him? Unbelievably harsh

3.30 - Beale on Lewis. Same as the first. Big fast man running hard........mehh

Your actual "expert" findings in reality come up 0/4

I got no beef with you bagging someone mate, but if you're going to act like such a turd about it, you might want to get your ducks in a row first.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
0.37 - you're taking the piss....you're blaming Beale for that? A big fast man over a smaller fast man will win 9/10 that close to the line. I would be more calling Wallace out on that one

2.33 - again, you have to be kidding. Beale? Really? Are you sure you haven't got Beale and Wallace mixed up, because once again Wallace was at fault there.......

2.49 - Mate ......just what do you expect the fullback to do when he has two players running at him? Unbelievably harsh

I got no beef with you bagging someone mate, but if you're going to act like such a turd about it, you might want to get your ducks in a row first.

AWWWWWWW sweetie.
I can't be bother watching the video again.
But I will just let quote Big_Pete

Yet the man was still able to get a pass away because the tackle was ineffective.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Not my priority. The Club's priority.
I haven't see him go around enough. He's injured atm isn't he?

Yep. Long-term I believe but can't say for sure.

I'm probably judging him by unfair standards. Most young play-makers don't hit their straps till year three in the top grade anyway.

Big Pete

Referee
I've only seen him play once this year but all he really did was support players through the middle. Baptiste, Norman and Maranta played bigger roles in the side.

Most of the games I watched Frisby play was last year and he really didn't impress me. Then again he was only 18 and it's uncommon for 18 year olds to really stand out in the NYC.

Big Pete

Referee

What? Gordon ran straight at Beale and Beale put in an extremely ordinary effort.

Mr Fourex

Bench
AWWWWWWW sweetie.
I can't be bother watching the video again.
But I will just let quote Big_Pete

Yeah ....OK, be a turd. I don't really care one way or the other.

As for relying on Big Pete to win your argument ...that's pathetic.

I know what I saw.

Mr Fourex

Bench
What? Gordon ran straight at Beale and Beale put in an extremely ordinary effort.

uhmm....ok. I f**ked up. I was looking at the 2.28 try under the sticks instead.

Yep...fair enough. The 2.33 attempt of Beales was weak.

Don't go getting your prom dress out Elia ......I still stand behind the rest of my comments. :p

Big Pete

Referee
uhmm....ok. I f**ked up. I was looking at the 2.28 try under the sticks instead.

Yeah fair enough although I'd question the four tacklers who were unable to prevent the offload more than Wallace, even though he definitely deserves to cop a share of the blame. Same as Norman who was way too deep and put no pressure on Walsh when he sent Gordon over.

IBA

Juniors
If we're calling players out on last nights performance, half the team deserves to be dropped...

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors

0.37. I am not completely blaming Beale. He could've made a stronger effort.
0:45. One of the worst miss I seen from a fullback for awhile
2:33. Piss poor effort again
2:49. He was not fullback. He was playing centre. Caught marking no 1. Backing away ball watching.
3:31. Fail to wrap Lewis up. No excuses. If he want's to cut the grade, he need to make these tackles and wrap the player up. Big men or not. Excuses are for weak people like yourself.

Now back to the the toilet, you turd.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
It's been a high-intensity start to the season. Can't forget how young they are. They had to have a let-down at some stage. I'm just happy that was their first away loss of the season. I believe we can win the comp this year, but I don't think we will. A return to the finals is enough for me, really.

2011 Broncos > 2010 Broncos.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Yeah fair enough although I'd question the four tacklers who were unable to prevent the offload more than Wallace, even though he definitely deserves to cop a share of the blame. Same as Norman who was way too deep and put no pressure on Walsh when he sent Gordon over.

Funny you should bring this up.
Guess who went in for the initial tackle :sarcasm:

Big Pete

Referee
If we're calling players out on last nights performance, half the team deserves to be dropped...

True but people have had these concerns with Beale as a utility for a long time.

Last night was a text book example as to why.

But yeah if we were calling everybody out Yow Yeh, Wallace, Hannant and even Thaiday would be copping it.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
But yeah if we were calling everybody out Yow Yeh, Wallace, Hannant and even Thaiday would be copping it.

Thaiday was the most disappointing from my view. Have no idea how he made the Aus team on form this year (not blaming him, he is not 100%).

Also I really hope the priorities aren't Frisby > Baptiste. I mean, Frisby has been solid, but that's all I think.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes, that run was very reminiscent of 2010.

But he's had a couple of good stints this season where he's come on and swung the game the Broncos way. He's not as great as he was in 2010 but not entirely bad.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Yes, that run was very reminiscent of 2010.

But he's had a couple of good stints this season where he's come on and swung the game the Broncos way. He's not as great as he was in 2010 but not entirely bad.

Apart from last night, his defence has still been of a high standard. It's awesome when games have been in the balance and he and Hannant come back on and tip the balance our way, usually with grassing legs tackles around the ruck.

Broke my heart to see him develop osteitis pubis. He'll never be as good as he used to be, no matter how hard he tries.

This, from Wikipedia:

Surgical intervention, such as wedge resection of the pubis symphysis, is sometimes attempted in severe cases, but its success rate is not high, and surgery may lead to later pelvic problems.

Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteitis_pubis

Last edited:

IBA

Juniors
Have they mentioned whether Thaiday will be backing up after origin? Its a couple of days at least but Griffin kind of said he only plans on him playing one game a week...

Also, I'm not defending Beale, he's not a utility and he really proved that last night.

Latest posts