What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
If the story is true, and Hannant was demoted because he told a young player to seek more money in his new contract, then anything could happen.

Maybe Griffin will only reinstate Hannant when he goes around telling young players they aren't worth much at all, "Yeah mate, you're a crap player and I really don't know what you're in the team for. I'd be surprised if the club would even offer you a contract in the first place."

Telling young players something like that may earn Hannant a reprieve.

Equally interesting will be where MARTIN Kennedy will fit in. On form, he should be playing reserve grade for Souths Logan.

I noticed Kahu played on the wing for Wynnum last weekend. Did anyone see how he went?

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If the story is true, and Hannant was demoted because he told a young player to seek more money in his new contract, then anything could happen.

Maybe Griffin will only reinstate Hannant when he goes around telling young players they aren't worth much at all, "Yeah mate, you're a crap player and I really don't know what you're in the team for. I'd be surprised if the club would even offer you a contract in the first place."

Telling young players something like that may earn Hannant a reprieve.

Equally interesting will be where Matthew Kennedy will fit in. On form, he should be playing reserve grade for Souths Logan.

I noticed Kahu played on the wing for Wynnum last weekend. Did anyone see how he went?

What exactly is it with you and getting players' names wrong? Is it deliberate?

Dazzat

First Grade
Yes I plead guilty - I get people's names wrong. Which apparently makes me completely ignorant.

Dazzat

First Grade
Martin Kennedy. On his form - I think I'm entitled to forget his name. I'm sure the opposition who have tackled him this year probably don't remember him either.

Dazzat

First Grade
Part-time Kennedy. Powder-Puff Kennedy. Tarzan/Jane Kennedy. Mia Kennedy (MIA stands for "missing in action"). Mr Kennedy (after the great wrestler). Nancy Kennedy.

Kiwi

First Grade
I don't know why it takes so long for the Broncos team to be released, cut and paste isn't that hard to use. At best we'll see Hannant back and maybe Kennedy dropped, at best. Other than that same of shit.

I just picture Griffin sitting at his keyboard...

alt+c..alt+v...hehehe they'll never see this coming...err again hehehe

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
BRONCOS
1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Jarrod Wallace
11 Alex Glenn
12 Corey Parker (c)
13 Matt Gillett
Interchange
14 David Hala
15 Ben Hannant
16 Corey Oates
17 Todd Lowrie
18 Jake Granville

Dazzat

First Grade
Pop-gun Kennedy gone. Ben Hannant on the bench. The "Hoffman Experiment" has turned into the "Hoffman Saga".

Kiwi

First Grade
Apart from Hannant and Kennedy swapping places it's the usual shit cut and paste. Griffin is obviously trying to help Stuart not feel so lonely at the bottom of the coaching pile

Big Pete

Referee
Not a fan of the team but I seldom am.

Still think the Broncos are a good chance since they have enough talent there and will be itching for a win after the past few outings at Suncorp and the last game against the Titans but there are players there who don't belong.

Hoffman at five eigth really goes without saying. It sucks but what can they really do? it should never have gotten to this stage, but here we are.

I don't think Reed deserved to be retained on the basis of his efforts thus far. Ideally, Hoffman would shift to the backline but due to the absence of a proper five eigth, I would have taken Oates coming into the centres or Maranta coming in with Copley shifting to the left.

Wallace starting is a genuinely interesting move. Wasn't a fan of Jarrod at the start of the season, but he's put forward some genuinely solid efforts off the bench and deserves the opportunity to stake his claim at least once. Wish him well but I don't think it's going to be a move that will last and Parker will be there before too long with Thaiday playing 'second row' and yes, big quotations around second row, because really he's playing lock.

Not a fan of the bench either. I don't think Hala deserved to be selected in the first place and he simply didn't do enough to keep his spot. And as I said the other day, Lowrie as 18th man = tolerable, anything else outside of Origin (or heaven forbid an injury crisis) and it's unacceptable.

I'd much rather Mitchell Frei and Brandon Lee. I never hopped off the Frei bandwagon after 2011 and still think he's a player that's certainly capable of bringing it at NRL level and definitely offers more than Todd Lowrie or even David Hala.

Lee is more of a personal pick, but if there are players I like, it's football players and Lee is that in spades. He might not have the physical capabilities of others, but he has the right mind-set and I think he would be a viable bench option like Paul Carter who can play in the backrow or even at dummy half if Macca requires a breather.

Still, for the players that are there - Barba, Hodges, Glenn, Hannant, Gillett etc. I really hope they lift and give us the edge we've sorely been missing.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hoffman at 5/8th....seriously Griffin...GTFO! Congrats Titans, you know Hoffman will bomb 3+ tries!

Dazzat

First Grade
Our front row stocks are now the biggest concern. Sure, the No. 6 is an ongoing issue, but with Kennedy now a shot duck, Hannant on the outer (seemingly), and Maguire playing more like a backrower, our go forward is non-existent.

We've been spoiled by the likes of Lazarus, Webke, Civ, Thorn and even Hannant over the years, but right now our front row rotation would easily rate in the bottom three.

For me, the best metre eater in the team at the moment is Vidot! Of all players, he actually bends the line more than anyone.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's a slim hope, but I am hoping that being dumped is going to wake up Kennedy. If it doesn't, tear up his contract and go back to the market.

Bronco18

Juniors
It's a slim hope, but I am hoping that being dumped is going to wake up Kennedy. If it doesn't, tear up his contract and go back to the market.

Under the new salary cap rules, if you pay a player out of his contract does it still count under the salary cap for that year?

I have a feeling it doesn't from next year onwards. It'd still be a big contract to pay out, 400k a season.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'm not hopefully about Kennedy. He had the same opportunity with Roosters and only went backwards. He reminds me of a guy called Neil Tierney who played for St George. Massive human, not a bad athlete, but in need of a jar full of angry pills.

Tierney sometimes threatened to improve, but in the end just faded away.

Kiwi

First Grade
My aren't we blooding someone like Molo?

Hala has not played well enough to be there, and if we were going to replace Kennedy with Hala there really was no point in dropping Kennedy.