What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
Molo could certainly do not worse than Kennedy in the last game. But Molo is young, with his whole career in front of him ... possibly at another club if Griffin hangs around.

Big Pete

Referee
Molo isn't in good form.

Has been demoted to the bench in the NYC.

Same with the other NRL squad members Ofahengaue & Adams.

Difficult to pick players when they're not putting their hands up, especially when they're rookies.

Dazzat

First Grade
First grade - out of form.
NYC team - out of form.
No players putting their hands up in ISC.

It's all going well then?

broncos2010

Juniors
Thank god the titans are dropping like flies we might sneak a win here Kelly is out as well on top of harrison and bird out.

Snappy

Coach
Titans missing Bird, Kelly, Harrison and Gordon.

If we can't win the game we're in serious trouble. As if things weren't serious enough already

Kiwi

First Grade
Molo isn't in good form.

Has been demoted to the bench in the NYC.

Same with the other NRL squad members Ofahengaue & Adams.

Difficult to pick players when they're not putting their hands up, especially when they're rookies.

From the games I have seen Hala isn't putting his hand up either TBH.

Big Pete

Referee
From the games I have seen Hala isn't putting his hand up either TBH.

Hala wouldn't be in my 17 but at this stage, he's more prepared than any other option coming through.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Molo and Ofahengaue receive their shots during the Origin period.

Big Pete

Referee
After all the hoopla, Hannant has been ruled out due to a groin injury.

Stagg comes in with Wallace and Oates trading places in the starting line-up.

A bit ridiculous to have BOTH Stagg and Lowrie on the same bench. Wonder how long the injury had been known because effectively trading out a big boppa for a veteran workhorse makes little sense.

Dazzat

First Grade
God forbid that we select a bench that will give IMPACT.

Having Granville available on the bench would only disrupt Griffin's elaborate, boring, repetitive, no-surprise, boredom football.

Stagg and Lowrie will provide all the creativity of a chartered accountant at a tax convention. Griffin may even given Wallace an extended time on the field tonight - over 20 minutes perhaps!

Big Pete

Referee
30*

Wallace has played over 20 minutes literally everytime he's made it onto the field.

Has yet to reach over thirty though!

Nightward

Juniors
I guess two competition points is better than no competition points, but that win really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. Having lost three key players before the game started and another two during it, the Broncos should have been able to put them away, especially late in the second half. Instead, we got the usual ineptitude in attack butchering tries.

I'm reluctant to award points on the back of that, but I'd say the three best were Vidot, Parker, and Hunt.

Blockade

Juniors
Yawn....hardly anything to get excited by taking 70 mins to put away an injury savaged team. It just means that Hook will last yet another week, a 5-5 record at Origin time will equal another year of missing the playoffs. Hodges 3, Wallace 2 Hunt 1

Dazzat

First Grade
Against a busted team, it was a few stars that saved the rest of the team from an uninspiring performance with a few flashes of promise.

3. Hunt
2. Gillett
1. Hodges

A special mention to Vidot who is probably our most consistent player this year. He hasn't put a foot wrong all year, and is one our best metre-eaters. Copley also had a good game.

Yes, Barba's form is a concern, but I think Hoffman is a major party of the problem. Compare the service Hoffman is giving Barba to the silky service Lockyer used to give Karmichael Hunt. Well - there is no service coming from Hoffman - and Barba is struggling to get clean ball.

A good 5/8 can make an ordinary fullback look good - and at the moment Barba is a good fullback being made to look very ordinary.

Big Pete

Referee
Just happy the team walked away with two points.

First half was shocking. Broncos clearly thought they could get away on auto-pilot but the passes weren't sticking and the Titans had done their homework on the Broncos defensively.

Went back to basics in the second half to jag out a 14 point win, which is fine but far from perfect.

Was the same ol' problems for the Broncos but magnified. Moments of utter clueless play in attack and some very soft defence which allowed the Titans to fling the ball around freely.

Still think there were some nice individual performances from the Broncos but the problem was the team performance. Seemed like certain players held the team back tonight and not a good sign heading into next week as we'll be relying on those players heavily to step up.

Snappy

Coach
f**k me that was an ugly game. We have zero structure when attacking from 10-20 out.

Look at teams like the storm. They have a set play for every tackle and everyone knows their role. We have idea what to do with the ball and a forward just takes a hit up. God help us if Ben Hunt gets an injury. Hopefully Hodges isnt hurt too bad.

No points for anyone after that display of horse shit.