What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Cowboys @ Dairy Farmers - HOE DOWN UP NORTH

Caged Panther

First Grade
Nothing special in that win. Just good solid simple footy, but then I think that is probably the way we will have to play in the rounds we don't have our representative players available.

The most notable thing about that match was

a. disjointed in attack, hardly surprising when a good portion of our regular backline is missing.

b. we need to get our kicking game in order if we're going to have a chance against stronger sides during this rep period. Give the ball to Russell for goodness sakes I think that would help alot in this department.

c. How good was frank pritchard!! He should be our next priority to sign.

nqboy

First Grade
parra_panther said:
...Panthers by 12.

Wal - Panthers by 14, Lewis - Panthers by 10, PK - Panthers by 18.

The Cowboys getting within four gets me home on all starts :D.

choc_soldier

Coach
A win is a win. As CP said, it was solid, without being spectacular.

I think we did well to come from 18-8 down, and then just hang on when we got in the lead.

How good is Amos though? That try was just remincent of something Wesser would have done a few times last year. Swain had a blinder. Danny Russell had a good debut - he should earn a recall if needed in the future.

lainey

Juniors
parra_panther said:
. Danny Russell had a good debut - he should earn a recall if needed in the future.

That's if he re-signs. I think playing last night might help but he still hasn't decided what he's going to do.

Grantwhy

Juniors
parra_panther said:
A win is a win. As CP said, it was solid, without being spectacular.

I think we did well to come from 18-8 down, and then just hang on when we got in the lead.

How good is Amos though? That try was just remincent of something Wesser would have done a few times last year. Swain had a blinder. Danny Russell had a good debut - he should earn a recall if needed in the future.

The Panthers did very well in the 2nd half to come back and win.

I just don't like the fact that the first 8 points for the Panthers came from Steve Clark errors :( .

Big Mick

Referee
well it all balances out really. That wasn't a knock on early in the game and Amos would have scored. So it all balances out in the end.

choc_soldier

Coach
Grantwhy said:

I just don't like the fact that the first 8 points for the Panthers came from Steve Clark errors :( .

I think the penalty off the Clinton ball "strip" was not worthy, that lead to the penalty goal, but the Whatuira try, I feel 50/50 about it - I'm convinced that the ball just touched the line, but it did look like he may have lost it.

nqboy

First Grade
parra_panther said:
Grantwhy said:

I think the penalty off the Clinton ball "strip" was not worthy, that lead to the penalty goal, but the Whatuira try, I feel 50/50 about it - I'm convinced that the ball just touched the line, but it did look like he may have lost it.

The decision was dodgy but no more dodgy than the Cowboys' defence.

Why Clark didn't go upstairs, I'll never know, but let's not forget the shoddy tackling in the lead up to the decision.

WildKat

Juniors
Argh! *bangs keyboard on the desk* I missed him! I missed Jason playing for the first grade! :(

The one time I get really sick (for months on end) and forget to check the updates, THEY PUT HIM IN THE TEAM!!! Grrr...I can't believe I didn't see the game. And what's worse? HE GOT INJURED!!! ](*,)

Well, that's my rant over with...for now. At least I might be getting it on tape so it's not all bad, I suppose.

Go panthers... :cry:

Latest posts