What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Cronulla, Sharks Stadium, Mon 27/5 7pm

cisco

Juniors
Hey Muz,you guys are rich help them out with some cash,after all you are related, :):)

rabbitohs95

Bench
Good luck tonight. Normally I'd be fairly confident, but with Gal, Lewis and probably Gordon out, I think you guys will be too strong. Hopefully it's an enjoyable close one.

Shame those two are out, honestly i think with full teams at Woolloware you guys would have a great chance of beating us.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hey Muz,you guys are rich help them out with some cash,after all you are related, :):)

Nah, just wait for them to die a natural death.. or be re-located to Perth...

That way we can reclaim what is rightfully our territory..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
sharks beat rabbits..

dragons beat sharks..

therefore..

dragons > rabbits.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Us playing our worst game of the year + 11-3 penalty count + the Sharks turning up to play= Why we lost.

But on the penalty count, they were certainly more disciplined... How the high shot on Sutton wasn't penalised I don't know.

We lost. I'm sure we'll be better for it.

themacemaceman

Juniors
The loss we had to have.
A few old habits creeping back in.
Errors from issac at dummy half and stupid brain explosion penalties from S Burgess.
I'm sure Madge will get the boys back on track.
I guess the conditions played a big part on the handling but the sharks seemed to play to the conditions more so than we did.
Fifita was enormous tonight whereas we seemed to struggle to get up the field.
Lets hope he backs it up Wed week.

Us playing our worst game of the year + 11-3 penalty count + the Sharks turning up to play= Why we lost.

But on the penalty count, they were certainly more disciplined... How the high shot on Sutton wasn't penalised I don't know.

We lost. I'm sure we'll be better for it.

A bit baffled on the non penalty for the shot on Sutton.

Will be interesting to hear the refs take on that one. It didn't look that hard but I certainly wouldn't like being on the receiving end.

Big Sam

First Grade
Shit weather, shittier referees. Not saying we were not ill-disciplined, but the same standards were not applied to Cronulla.

t10do

Juniors
Not the best conditions...etc. However, imo, the sharks just wanted it more. I reckon Sam was the only one really up for it from the start. FAR too many mistakes, half of which we got penalised for. It was the type of game that our "big names" are required to step up and control things.

Fifita is a good player. But you have to have a chuckle at those who reckon origin is now in the bag on the back of big Andrew:D

Carney offers a timely reminder as Cronulla spring upset
Date
May 28, 2013 - 1:07AM

Michael Carayannis

MATCH STATS/AS IT HAPPENED
Still smarting from his Origin axing Todd Carney fought back in style leading his Cronulla side to their fourth straight win in a match where Queensland interchange player Ben Te'o limped from the field late in the first half.

With Kurt Gidley ruled out of the first Origin, Carney threw his name up for a NSW recall after a match-winning performance. Possible replacement John Sutton didn't finish the game, leaving the field with concussion in the final 15 minutes.

Slippery customer: Nathan Gardner steps inside. Photo: John Veage
In sloppy conditions, Carney was the difference in a willing encounter where the Sharks toppled the top of the table South Sydney 14-12 at Sharks Stadium, minus Blues duo Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis who withdrew with injury. They were missing in-form fullback Michael Gordon too, in what was Cronulla's most impressive performance of the season.

Advertisement
It was an uncharacteristically ill-disciplined performance from South Sydney who gave up an 11-3 penalty count and made 11 errors in a game where Carney kicked his team to victory less than 24 hours after being dumped from the NSW team in favour of Roosters five-eighth James Maloney. And his South Sydney counterpart Adam Reynolds almost matched Carney, placing immediate pressure on the first-time halves pairing of Maloney and Mitchell Pearce and, perhaps for the first time in Queensland's seven year domination, NSW have a back-up halves pairing that is Origin ready.

While the rain poured down for the entire first-half, it was a high quality game between two strong forward packs, despite a handful of simple dropped ball. It was Souths who struggled in the wet conditions more than the home side, with unforced errors crippling their chances of sustaining pressure. Souths could have further problems with Sam and George Burgess on report for separate first-half incidents. George tackled Cronulla fullback Nathan Gardner with a high shot while Sam joined his brother for a crusher tackle on Andrew Fifita.

Anthony Tupou takes the ball into contact. Photo: John Veage
Te'o threw a scare throughout the Maroons camp after he limped from the field late in the first half. While the NRL integrity unit investigates claims that he assaulted a woman last month, it was a cork to his shin that looked to have threatened his Origin spot before he returned midway through the second half.

While Carney directed the Sharks around it was teammate Fifita who led from the front. The hulking prop justified his NSW selection, and put aside the distraction of being called to make his Origin debut and having to play despite knowing he was in the team, with a barnstorming performance playing 65 minutes broken only by half-time after starting from the interchange bench.

Cronulla struck first through hooker John Morris, before a well-timed Reynolds bomb was spilt by Sharks winger Sosaia Feki handing the Rabbitohs their first real attacking chance and they capitalised. A wide backline shift saw Bryson Goodwin score in the corner against his former club.

Todd Carney celebrates at the whistle. Photo: Getty Images
As Reynolds' boot had done earlier, Carney's right foot laid on the next points. An early tackle grubber bounced off John Sutton with Jayson Bukuya scoring to give Cronulla a 12-6 half-time lead.

Not to be outdone, Reynolds spotted Cronulla half Jeff Robson and launched Sam Burgess at his fellow No. 7. Initially Robson answered the challenge with a grass-cutting tackle on the big English forward but when Reynolds sent Burgess at him following a repeat set, Robson couldn't contain him to level the score before a Carney penalty goal proved the difference.

CRONULLA 14 (J Bukuya J Morris tries T Carney 3 goals) bt SOUTH SYDNEY 12 (S Burgess B Goodwin tries A Reynolds 2 goals) at Sharks Stadium. Referee: Ben Cummins, Brett Suttor. Crowd: 12,243.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...pring-upset-20130527-2n7ld.html#ixzz2UXbXvHi8

In all honesty, I picked Sharks 2-8 pt winners.

Souths and Sharks games are always fairly tight tussles, and Sharks go alright at home.

Kudos to Sharks for winning. I def prefer an arm wrestle 14-12 scoreline than a 40-10 demolition any day.