What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Eels

mxlegend99

Referee
Also thought Winterstein deserves a mention. Ran some really good lines, strong with the ball & defensively was terrific. Judge him on how he’s playing for us, not what he did or you perceived he did at another club.
We get it. You love the shit players.

His 59m gained were instrumental in winning. As was his 4.13s play the ballwhich was second only to Sione Katoa for being the slowest.not to mention his incredibly well timed penalty.

Not our worst. But its a big stretch to talk him up

mxlegend99

Referee
That was me. A mate from oztag is a family friend of him. Said on Monday he was playing with May's exemption. The only question is it the same guy or you apply for someone as you need it
I asked a friend at the club and he said the exemption was only due to Egan and Jimmy being out.

But if Nath gets picked for Origin. That's Nath and Egan out... so we should get him next week too.

franklin2323

Immortal

His 59m gained were instrumental in winning. As was his 4.13s play the ballwhich was second only to Sione Katoa for being the slowest.not to mention his incredibly well timed penalty.

How was his defence though? That is all you want from fringe guys

franklin2323

Immortal
I asked a friend at the club and he said the exemption was only due to Egan and Jimmy being out.

But if Nath gets picked for Origin. That's Nath and Egan out... so we should get him next week too.

That works this week. Give him one of the 2 spots left. Like To'o played backrow tonight so perfect for that bench spot

martielang

Bench

Haha too easy.

He played decent minutes on a soggy track & looked good after being injured the last 6 weeks, not sure how anyone can dispute that.

The bloke has done more in his few games then CHN did all last year.

Imagine if Hook had the opportunity to work with Winterstein?

kinghippo

Juniors
Well that’s true, but I still didn’t see anything to say without Maloney it improved his attack.

Katoa is truly awful.
His skills didn’t really improve but he really made the team his own.
He often takes the back seat with Maloney but took control tonight,it was a good performance.

panthersam

Juniors
It was so good just seeing effort for 80 minutes from the team tonight. Happy not to have two losses to Parra this year :thumbsup:

Although Katoa had some alright moments in the match I still think he is a liability to what we need in this team. Service just isn’t good enough and he has too many silly plays in him.

Mansour giving it to Ferguson at the end was awesome haha

TheFrog

Coach
I’m ready to get hammered, but Katoa made 2 poor errors, just dumb stuff, other then that he was solid - try assist, ran the ball, kicked well, tackled well, distributed well & was key to most of our line speed & energy. Our attack looked as fluent as it has all year.
He worked hard but takes too long to work out what he's going to do with the ball. This stifles the attack.

His skills didn’t really improve but he really made the team his own.
He often takes the back seat with Maloney but took control tonight,it was a good performance.

I’ve never doubted his effort, but a guy being paid $1m needs to create scoring opportunities. I don’t see that in his play.

martielang

Bench
He worked hard but takes too long to work out what he's going to do with the ball. This stifles the attack.

He’s definitely too indecisive at time, agree. But We had the exact same issues with Wallace last year though. Our structure around the ruck or lack thereof is astounding. We normally have 2 forwards standing in the line of our half.

I just don’t think the hysteria matches the performance. Tbh I’m probably biased cos he is a cracking kid, I really want him to succeed.

mxlegend99

Referee
Haha too easy.

He played decent minutes on a soggy track & looked good after being injured the last 6 weeks, not sure how anyone can dispute that.

The bloke has done more in his few games then CHN did all last year.

Imagine if Hook had the opportunity to work with Winterstein?
Bro you gotta lay off the drugs. I thought our players could be braindead at times. But you're just on a whole new level.

Corey Harawira-Naera had 8 linebreaks and 6 tries last year.

Frank Winterstein has a whopping 4 CAREER tries. And 5 career linebreaks. Not season... CAREER totals.

BxTom

Bench
I wanna shout out to Dylan Edwards.

He's been trash all year; has almost single handedly lost us games with his dick fingers. To compound that, he drops the first ball he touches, and Parra score on the back of it.

Very next set we have the ball, he handled it 3 times. Instead of going into his shell, he attacked the ball. He put his hand up to make up for his first poor effort.

He wasn't great tonight, but he was MUCH safer, and on a slippery night, that's good enough. Hopefully tonight gives him some confidence, and he puts his best foot forward for the remainder of the season.
I thought that he came back very well after making the first mistake. He inserted himself into the play well.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ve never doubted his effort, but a guy being paid $1m needs to create scoring opportunities. I don’t see that in his play.

He will never be a creative player. For me it is the poor options letting him down. 10 to go 20 out. He was in front of the post. Spread it too Winterstein for handover. Every kick after that was a bomb where to touch is the better option

Latest posts