What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. Bulldogs Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Friday May 24th 2013 at ANZ Stadium

Prince and Hodges slated to return. Reed & Stagg likely casualties.

Kiwi

First Grade
if prince comes back into the side, i hope it's on the bench, with Granville to fullback and Norman to centre.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Woah there, hold your horses.

Granville had a good 20 minutes in a game that was practically already decided as a hooker. Based on that, you want to fling him to fullback, a position he hasn't really played in years nor has he played at this standard and you want to shift Norman to the centres, a position he has rarely played period all so everybody can have a game?

Way to big a stretch. Personally, I'd dump Prince but given that won't happen I'd play Granville on the bench ahead of Hunt who'd be given orders to play half for Norths and show us what you're capable of.

Dazzat

First Grade
1. Norman
2. Kahu
3. Hodges
4. Whitchurch
5. Kemp (please not Maranta)
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. Maguire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Hala
16. Wallace
17. Slyney

Big Pete

Referee
No Hoffman Daz?

Changes I'd make...

2. Hoffman
4. Kahu
5. Maranta
6. Hunt
14. Granville
17. Dodds

Being realistic, Prince will play 6 and Hunt will play 14 but I don't see any reason why the rest of the side can't line-up like that.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
No Hoffman Daz?

Changes I'd make...

2. Hoffman
4. Kahu
5. Maranta
6. Hunt
14. Granville
17. Dodds

Being realistic, Prince will play 6 and Hunt will play 14 but I don't see any reason why the rest of the side can't line-up like that.

Yeah ... Hoffman for Kemp. How did I miss the team's current best player?

I hope Whitchurch get's a run before the end of the year.

I'm undecided with Prince. He gives us much needed experience and potential creativity in the halves. I'm unconvinced of Hunt's ability to "spark" something just yet.

I've liked the look of Slyney whenever he's come on. Provides much needed aggression.

unbreaK

Juniors
Official Team -

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Kahu
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday (c)
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Anderson
16. Hala
17. J.Wallace
18. Lui
19. Kemp

~ Yay, no Prince! Also; Yay, Denan Kemp! Hopefully him being on the bench means Hook is considering him instead of Maranta for the right wing.

Chainshada

Juniors
Liking the look of that team, Kemp in for Maranta and I'll be very confident this weekend. Glad to see Hunt get another go.

Woah there, hold your horses.

Granville had a good 20 minutes in a game that was practically already decided as a hooker. Based on that, you want to fling him to fullback, a position he hasn't really played in years nor has he played at this standard and you want to shift Norman to the centres, a position he has rarely played period all so everybody can have a game?

Way to big a stretch. Personally, I'd dump Prince but given that won't happen I'd play Granville on the bench ahead of Hunt who'd be given orders to play half for Norths and show us what you're capable of.

A man after my own heart. Been harping on about this for years, but with Granville swapped in for Baptiste.

Official Team -

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Kahu
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday (c)
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Anderson
16. Hala
17. J.Wallace
18. Lui
19. Kemp

~ Yay, no Prince! Also; Yay, Denan Kemp! Hopefully him being on the bench means Hook is considering him instead of Maranta for the right wing.

Unfortunately I'd be tipping Kemp as back up for Hodges. Rib injury might not be 100% etc. Hoping I'm wrong of course

Big Pete

Referee
A man after my own heart. Been harping on about this for years, but with Granville swapped in for Baptiste.

Baptiste would be my pick if he wasn't injured.

As it stands, Granville has the jump on him.

Dazzat said:
I'm undecided with Prince. He gives us much needed experience and potential creativity in the halves. I'm unconvinced of Hunt's ability to "spark" something just yet.

So far all that potential has given us is the odd slick inside pass and the one flick of the ball. In exchange, defensively, we have the worst right hand fringe in the competition.

I'd much rather play it safe with a guy like Hunt who's here for the long term and isn't going to break down for 'potential' from a 33 year old with a history of injury problems.

Slyney isn't a bad pick, I'm just going Dodds because he's a bit more agile than Slyney and is a better defensive player.

AceAv

Juniors
Great to see Hunt/Granville where they belong! Excited again for this match.

-Is it me, or does it seem Broncos management, may be slightly influenced by all our posts on here? Seems unlikely, but Kemp being named this week and Granville last week feels almost too good to be true! -Next they will name Parker at Front Row with McG and slot Thaiday in 2d row and Gillo to 13!?!

u4er

Juniors
Haven't been this happy about a team announcement in a long time. Hard to pick who to drop from the bench.

Big Pete

Referee
Ace Av said:
-Next they will name Parker at Front Row with McG and slot Thaiday in 2d row and Gillo to 13!?!

So essentially have Thaiday and Gillett trade positions?

beads6

First Grade
My main hope out of this game is that Hunt takes the game by the scruff of the neck and leads us to victory. Our club needs a decent half so badly.