What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. Bulldogs Discussion + Voting

Eddy

Juniors
Like everyone else I'm happy to see Hunt and Granville retain their spots in the side. I'm also glad to see Anderson back on the bench, I thought he showed some good improvement in his last couple of games.

Slightly worried about the Bulldogs after the hiding the Knights handed them on the weekend, they'll definitely be hurting. If we can keep their forwards quiet then we should come away with the two points.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I have to say I'm rather astonished by this course of action of leaving Prince out of the side. If Hodges is fit to play, surely Prince is as well. I would argue he's been silently dropped to continue this Hunt/Granville experiment. Great news in my opinion.

Personally, I'm hoping we now smash the Dogs with this setup, because that would make things very interesting on the selection front.

Behold

Juniors
Excited to see Hunt play inside Hodges, we should attack their side of the field more often this game and Hunt should get his hands on the ball more. Last game we didn't attack down the right very often which left Hunt distributing the ball mid field or occupying space on the right. With Hodges outside him, Hunt can probably out call Wallace for the ball since Hodges is basically the Broncos only attacking weapon. I think Hook is balancing if a 70% Prince is better than a 100% Hunt, I expect Prince to be back next week no matter what Hunt does this weekend.

It will be interesting to see if Granville is subbed on in the second half or if Hook sees him as being able to force the issue with a few minutes in the first half as well. I am not sure he is defensively all there yet and Broncos are already prone to leaking tries either side of half time.

unbreaK

Juniors
If we beat the dogs this week and Hunt and Granville both play well, I think it's possible we'll never see Scott Prince in the NRL again

Bretto

Bench
If we beat the dogs this week and Hunt and Granville both play well, I think it's possible we'll never see Scott Prince in the NRL again

In theory that's the correct and sane answer. Unfortunately, we're talking about Anthony Griffin, so who knows.

AceAv

Juniors
Prince will be back =/ but I'm in the same boat and am hoping hunt combines with Hodges so well that when princess returns and we start slumping again, Griffin drops him to qld cup to improve his "form"

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if Granville is subbed on in the second half or if Hook sees him as being able to force the issue with a few minutes in the first half as well. I am not sure he is defensively all there yet and Broncos are already prone to leaking tries either side of half time.

His defence is the best part of his game.

Stunned that you blokes rate Denan Kemp. Just up to Queensland Cup level.

Bretto

Bench
His defence is the best part of his game.

I think it's because Kemp has been there before. He's probably too small to be an NRL winger these days.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member

Kahu wasn't exactly tearing it up at Q Cup either.

Kemp hasn't been dominating but at least he has been there and done it before. And let's face it, his competition is Maranta who I don't think is NRL standard. So I can somewhat understand the call for his inclusion.

Tera

Juniors
And let's face it, his competition is Maranta who I don't think is NRL standard. So I can somewhat understand the call for his inclusion.

Pretty much this. If I have to pick between the two at least we KNOW Kemp has speed and is a proven finisher.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Kahu wasn't exactly tearing it up at Q Cup either.

Kahu was only average but to be fair he hadn't really played for two years and hadn't played a senior game of Rugby League until this year.

Kemp has been one of those that you see back in Queensland Cup and watching him, you can see why he has never made it at NRL level.

Don't know that he's been setting the world on fire at Redcliffe this year.

austyphoon

Juniors
I'm surprised we're outsiders for this match. Bulldogs lose by 30 and we win by 30, how are we not favourites?

Going to be shit weather so it's going to be a bit of a struggle to go forward. Need to up our tempo in the play the balls to move their big forwards around.

renouf

Juniors
I haven't seen the game but based on the scoreline, I'm sure we missed Prince in attack. He must be put back in the team.

gUt

Coach
Can't win away.
Forwards too small and easily dominated.
Forwards too slow and lack skill.
Forwards not fit enough.
Can't create chances.
Can't kick a goal when it matters.
Too many soft errors especially at vital points.
Too many stupid penalties.

Singling out McCullough for special mention. He needs a stint in Q Cup. He's just getting in the way at the moment.

The only forward worth feeding at the moment is Thaiday with the odd glimpse from Gillett and Parker. But generally our forwards are worthless.

When our wingers are our two best players we've got serious problems.

When are we going to sign a player or two who can lift this club and make us competitive.

3 - Maranta
2 - Hoffman
1 - Thaiday

DeeJ

Bench
Very ordinary effort. We were dominated by the Bulldogs forwards all night and made too many easy errors.

Latest posts