What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 | Knights 14-24 Titans @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Round 12 result :: Knights vs Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whats Doing

Bench
Our structure is just not good enough, everytime a player takes the hit up the next closest man is 10m back, doesn't put the defence in 2 minds, doesn't allow you to create anything from offloads and just makes the man carrying the ball a sitting duck. Everytime Mason runs it up there needs to be 2 little men either side of him, at least half a dozen times tonight he got his arms free or made half a break and there was no one even close to him to take advantage of it. We're relying on the opposition missing one on one tackles for our tries and its not working at all. Hilder also needs to go, he's been one of my favourite players in the past but he is indicative of our team at the moment, boring, slow, small and predictable.

Your right Aqua and our $1.5million coach has a lot to answer for this.

aqua_duck

Coach
Your right Aqua and our $1.5million coach has a lot to answer for this.

I agree but I also think we lack instinctive footballers, guys like Shaun Johnson, Isaac Luke, Ben Barba, James Maloney, Matt Bowen. Guys who have a 6th sense and know where to be at the right time. The only bloke who fits that description at our club is Albert Kelly. At this point in time I don't care how bad a defender he is, if he's going to spark our attack we need to find a spot for him

Spot On

Coach
I agree but I also think we lack instinctive footballers, guys like Shaun Johnson, Isaac Luke, Ben Barba, James Maloney, Matt Bowen. Guys who have a 6th sense and know where to be at the right time. The only bloke who fits that description at our club is Albert Kelly. At this point in time I don't care how bad a defender he is, if he's going to spark our attack we need to find a spot for him

Has Kelly signed with another club?

Whats Doing

Bench
Has Kelly signed with another club?

Not that I am aware of. But he couldn't be as useless as Roberts.

Anyway Sezer is still unsigned for next year and I would be making a huge play for him. He has so much composure, kicks with precision and knows how to organise a team

Apey

Staff member
why dont we ever do a backline movement? Why dont we have any set plays? Wtf is wrong with out attack, we are so one out and boring... We have the best attacking winger in the game and we done use him. WTF.

yeah... pretty much what I was thinking at the game.

Apey

Staff member
That performance was just dreadful.

Can't make metres, can't seem to put any good set attacking plays together whatsoever, Uate essentially catches a cold out there... our kicking game includes crappy bombs with no chasers, cross-field kicks with nobody genuinely competing, clearing/positional kicks that don't seem to be finding any space or even enough length...where they're being taken from obviously isn't helping, but I hate the "Mullen finds more ground than anyone else" stat that gets dragged up because I highly doubt it's even close to being true this year.

And that is pretty much just our attack. Our defence seemed to be improving for the most part but tonight was terrible. Bird's try was pathetic and the line-breaks we conceded were shameful.

So frustrating.

meercat

Juniors
Our starting props made 153m (Snowden) and 147m (Mason), our bench "Props" made 45m (Cuthbertson) and nfi who filled the other but that coincides with when we went from playing well to getting dominated.

IanG

Coach
We were f**kin' disgraceful tonight. The score at the end flattered us. Quite a few left with 20 minutes to go.
I'm shattered

Our starting props made 153m (Snowden) and 147m (Mason), our bench "Props" made 45m (Cuthbertson) and nfi who filled the other but that coincides with when we went from playing well to getting dominated.

the last few years all we wanted was a forward that could crack 100 meters. Now we have 2 and we are worse off then back then.

Its kind of sad that a guy who has played 4 games of Rugby League in 18 months is our most dominant forward.

aqua_duck

Coach
the last few years all we wanted was a forward that could crack 100 meters. Now we have 2 and we are worse off then back then.

Its kind of sad that a guy who has played 4 games of Rugby League in 18 months is our most dominant forward.
we use to go into games with 4 props; Tui, Faas, AK, Tolar/Taufua, now we're going into games with 2 props who come off at the same time and aren't replaced

Agree regarding the (lack of) Props.
We lost partly because of that but even more so because we aren't playing like a team.

The forwards need to be running off the momentum initially created for them. We play the best when we get the forwards rolling. Back to Under 15's and the back rowers follow the other props through and take on the momentum.These smaller forwards need to work to their strengths instead of trying to barge through alone. There are some talented forwards out there who aren't performing.

Mullen needs to read the game better. He seems to run because he needs to run more and try that long pass out to the wing because Uate has scored from it. Similar applies to his kicking. He needs to read when to play what. We also need angles being run off the halves.

Boyd needs to get involved up front more. On the return he needs Uate and MacManus running close and not sprinting up like they are the only ones who can make an impact. If Boyd has runners close and try and takes on the line he might break it or might set up his support player.

Nuffy

Bench
Well that's 90 minutes sitting in the cold that I won't get back.

We've got some massive problems and Bennett's going to need to be a genius to turn this around. 2012 is finished, right now we will be firming in the spoon market.

How can idris crab across field and put mini into a yawning hole yet our playmakers look utterly clueless.

There was no enthusiasm or competitiveness, they looked like they were just going through the motions.

We play a one out boring style of football that doesn't even make us competitive and frankly we don't have the big men to roll through other teams, we have a small pack and yet we don't try and use mobility to compete.

Overall we are worst this year than last year with a better roster, coach and resources.

Might be the time for Bennett to be a little more forthcoming with his plans because right now, we need to know that things will improve because this year we've gone massively backwards.

Joker's Wild

Coach
We were fantastic tonight........for the opening 5min

I have had it with this team right now. I honestly cannot remember being so frustrated watching a Knight side play, ever. How can a bunch of 1st grade footballers look so absolutely clueless?

One dimentional, ill disciplined and piss weak has been the order of the day in 2012. I am not looking forward to my 1 live game next week here in Brissy. Its gonna be a f**king bloodbath

Nuffy

Bench
I know that we have the best of everything now but the players just don't look fit or as strong as other teams, it's one thing not to have the size but they are so easily dominated in the tackle and wrestle.

Hard to believe we are on the cap, it's a crime really.

Latest posts