What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 | Knights 14-24 Titans @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Round 12 result :: Knights vs Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can a player who has played 4 games for us be the most passionate knights player we have in our team in big Willie?

RABK

Referee
We simply don't have the cattle CH. No guys that threaten the line what so ever, well maybe 2 or 3 but they have to be at their best to be able to carry us to be comptetive.

RABK

Referee
1. Boyd
2. McManus
4. Tahu
5. Uate
6. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Gidley
10. Mason
11. Scott
13. Houston

Up to Bennett to fill the gaps.

RABK

Referee
Oh a try for Roberts but please people don't let that blind you to the fact that Roberts is utter garbage who makes Dureau look like Ricky Stuart when it comes to creativity.

RABK

Referee
And he can't kick for shit. Naiqama can at leats kick goals - is Sau really offering us so much more than Naiqama that we are willing to go in with Roberts as first choice GK?

drago brelli

Bench
To become the greatest coach in the history of the universe you need the players. At Brisbane coach Bennett had that.

Newcastle must have such a shit junior base. Since the Johns era we have not blooded any gun juniors. For an area as big as Newcastle it is pretty sad.

Rolla

Juniors
Pretty ordinary all round. Willie deserves a compliment but it stops there. Funnily they only scored one try more than us. I can't understand why we don't try anything in attack until it is mathematically too late to mount a comeback??

Our defence was poor tonight with some soft tries but at the end of the day if we play an entire match in our half we will leak points. Our attack is getting weaker by the week, the boys need to go back to playing football.

We have a team of defending players.

Eddie, House, Sau, Cuthbo (if he isn't allowed to offload), costigan, hilder. None of these players offer anything in attack. they can't beat a man, don't offload, are slow, don't make smart runs, most can't pass, most hit the line soft and they don't support the ball carrier. Thing is only one of those guys is a good enough defender to make the side on D alone. So no surprise we can't attack.

And i will say it..... We are missing Gids a lot. He might make bonehead plays but he has confidence and tries things. A bit of chaos is exactly what we need.

Rolla

Juniors
As for Roberts, he has talent but i think he is a 5/8. I am yet to see him play a traditional halfback role (or show he can). At the moment nobody plays halfback, both our halves play 5/8. This is a big contributor to our one out predictable attack.

shane1970

Juniors
Eddie, House, Sau, Cuthbo (if he isn't allowed to offload), costigan, hilder. None of these players offer anything in attack. they can't beat a man, don't offload, are slow, don't make smart runs, most can't pass, most hit the line soft and they don't support the ball carrier. Thing is only one of those guys is a good enough defender to make the side on D alone. So no surprise we can't attack.
Cast your mind back not even 12 months ! barring the f**king nuffie CUTHBERTSON - every single player you mention was playing BETTER BY FAR under Rick ! - Just a thought

Spot On

Coach
To become the greatest coach in the history of the universe you need the players. At Brisbane coach Bennett had that.

Bennett's greatest achievement is getting that Dragon's side to win a comp. Absolute miracle.

This side is possibly one of the most mundane, soft, devoid of skill, unenthusiastic and heartless that I have seen come out of Newcastle. It is embarrassing watching some of that squad run around. They look slow and weak. The lack of skill is quite astounding. The fact that a 32 year old ex NRL player who hasn't played for 2 years or so actually holds his own in this team is proof this mob are possibly spoon bound.

shane1970

Juniors
As for Roberts, he has talent but i think he is a 5/8. I am yet to see him play a traditional halfback role (or show he can). At the moment nobody plays halfback, both our halves play 5/8. This is a big contributor to our one out predictable attack.
f**k him off - I'd gamble on SUPERCOACH eating his words and putting JArrod back at half and cry baby at five eighth and Wes at the back

jonno_knights

Juniors
4 Backrowers on the bench...Go forward was good with Mason and Snowden on the park.

Oh and Taia getting 25minutes? At least he is willing to take a few hitups when Snowden is off.

Bennett is obviously already looking to next year if Taia plays a minimal role. He is our most attacking forward, and the only thing that comes close is Mason.

aqua_duck

Coach
Our structure is just not good enough, everytime a player takes the hit up the next closest man is 10m back, doesn't put the defence in 2 minds, doesn't allow you to create anything from offloads and just makes the man carrying the ball a sitting duck. Everytime Mason runs it up there needs to be 2 little men either side of him, at least half a dozen times tonight he got his arms free or made half a break and there was no one even close to him to take advantage of it. We're relying on the opposition missing one on one tackles for our tries and its not working at all. Hilder also needs to go, he's been one of my favourite players in the past but he is indicative of our team at the moment, boring, slow, small and predictable.

All those who got their dicks wet over Junior Sau need to have a cold shower, I don't care how much work Bennett has put into him he's still the same old player he's always been, except he probably doesn't even break as many tackles any more.

Taia already has one foot on the plane, his effort tonight was sub par, 2 dumb penalties to start the 2nd half just to give the Titans that extra bit of momentum and was non existent in attack.

The following players need to go:
Sau
Roberts
Taia
Edwards
Hilder
Cuthbertson

Replaced by:
Likiliki
Davis/Kelly
Cook/Tetevano
Adams/Kelly
Sims

Rolla

Juniors
Most of those were crap in attack last year too. But there are plenty of guys that have gone backwards i agree.

Some coaches look at the players in the team and make up a strategy that plays to the strength of the players. Some coaches have a working strategy and shape or change the players until they work into the strategy. I am not saying one works better than the next, but the second way (Bennett's way) will always take longer. The first way might bear fruit straight away, but we have done it that way for a while now with no success cos it will only get you a premiership if you have the best roster (or andrew johns/the big 3)

Latest posts