What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 - Rabbitohs vs Tigers: Saturday 28th May 5:30pm @Accor Stadium

Veracity14

Juniors
Well thanks for letting me express my opinion, and the personal abuse.
Water of a duck's back from a clown like you.
I've met losers like you at every game, ever, and your just plain ugly dumb, you stop people from attending what is, at best, a boring game.
I'd like the chance to give you dribbler you ^%$# mutt.

😂😂
Calm down dribbler
You made a goose of yourself throwing all your toys out of your cot
I wouldn’t stop you from going, your laziness does that for you

The Rosco

Bench
Callmack, while I'm a WT supporter, I always have respected the way you conduct yourself here. Passionate to a fault, I get that.
But for you to not mention the reffing performance from last night is pretty selective. While it didn't directly cost us the game, the amount of 6 agains you guys continually get is sickening to any neutral league fan. Continual defending in the face of South's level of 6 agains grinds down your middles, as we saw last night.
Anyway, well done . . . . but when you get legged up as much as you were last night, at least have the decency to give credit to the ref.
But having said all that . . . I remember your fans saying that Souths liked fast PTBs, and the refs should get the tacklers off you quicker, so you can PTB faster. So with that thinking, none of you would have noticed the outrageous amount of restarts you get.
I'm sure you'd have the stats . . . ?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Callmack, while I'm a WT supporter, I always have respected the way you conduct yourself here. Passionate to a fault, I get that.
But for you to not mention the reffing performance from last night is pretty selective. While it didn't directly cost us the game, the amount of 6 agains you guys continually get is sickening to any neutral league fan. Continual defending in the face of South's level of 6 agains grinds down your middles, as we saw last night.
Anyway, well done . . . . but when you get legged up as much as you were last night, at least have the decency to give credit to the ref.
But having said all that . . . I remember your fans saying that Souths liked fast PTBs, and the refs should get the tacklers off you quicker, so you can PTB faster. So with that thinking, none of you would have noticed the outrageous amount of restarts you get.
You were winning the penalty count 4-1 mate it ended up 4-2, the six agains were 4-1 our way we won the infringements 6-5 mate. Last time we played you guys you won the count 11-7 so I’m not sure why you’re complaining. I thought we could’ve had a couple more six agains eg after Paulo 40 metre run when Cook took the next run your boys were all offside by miles that’s always called six again in the second half when Murray was getting up to play the ball you pushed him back down again.

Also if you watch back when Campbell was penalised in the first half for being offside off Ilias kick he wasn’t and I’ll find you the photo image to prove that. Mate there was a few calls both ways it evened out. Have you also realised lots of teams try to hold us down longer to stop Cook running off a quick play the ball so they push the boundaries as they know what Cookie can do off a Murray fast play the ball.

In magic round we lost the infringements 12-7 to Warriors and last week against Canberra was 8 all and Raiders scored 2 tries off forward passes but yeah Souths get all the calls please……

Rabbits20

Immortal
1653824033324.jpeg

Campbell is not offside at all. Fox Sports also said this was a dud call to Souths.

Also when it was 10-0 we got penalised for a strip Brandy in the commentary said there was no strip attempted from Cookie it’s a loose carry and you took the penalty goal another bad call to Souths.

I am sure Tigers fans would have a few calls they aren’t happy with I respect that but it’s not all one way guys we got some dud calls too. Quite frankly I think the ref Chris Sutton was out of his depth and lets he honest I think the reffing so far this year has been worse than last year.

As for the bunker you might as well get a coin it’s a lottery when it goes to them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Then you had the six alarm bell go for us with 17mins left we think we have six again then 2-3 tackles later ref says it was the last that was f**ked dud call. In last 10mins Brooks kicks ball away so we can’t feed the scrum. With 3mins left Tigers nearly score off 2 forward passes in a row but yeah Souths get all the calls….

Rabbits20

Immortal
Then you had the six alarm bell go for us with 17mins left we think we have six again then 2-3 tackles later ref says it was the last that was f**ked dud call. In last 10mins Brooks kicks ball away so we can’t feed the scrum. With 3mins left Tigers nearly score off 2 forward passes in a row but yeah Souths get all the calls….

Veracity14

Juniors

and they deserved every single one and more
it was obvious that the Tigpies were working on the premise of getting up fast in south’s face & trying to bustle them into mistakes
they assumed that if they’re offside they’ll get pinged a bit but they roll the dice & take a chance that the ref & bunker etc will not want to look too bad & wreck the game, they assume that refs would prefer to walk off the field with penalties about even & not having been noticed
they played on the psychology of the ref & thankfully it failed
they were constantly offside & im actually disappointed that no Tigpie was sin binned, they played a cynical spoiling game & it backfired, the good guys won
stop whinging

The Rosco

Bench
and they deserved every single one and more
it was obvious that the Tigpies were working on the premise of getting up fast in south’s face & trying to bustle them into mistakes
they assumed that if they’re offside they’ll get pinged a bit but they roll the dice & take a chance that the ref & bunker etc will not want to look too bad & wreck the game, they assume that refs would prefer to walk off the field with penalties about even & not having been noticed
they played on the psychology of the ref & thankfully it failed
they were constantly offside & im actually disappointed that no Tigpie was sin binned, they played a cynical spoiling game & it backfired, the good guys won
stop whinging
I'd love to watch a Souths game with you. Any game. Even any game from your last premiership.
And point out, as an unbiased fan of the game, just how many calls Souths get.
Have a quick read of the game spoiler thread on our game, and see how many absolute neutrals saw the bias that you couldn't.
Anyway, good win, good luck.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Superplays from Round 12 brought to you by Hostplus: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ays-from-round-12-brought-to-you-by-hostplus/

From Fox Sports,

JOHNSTON BREAKS RECORD AS SOUTHS TURN A CORNER

Alex Johnston became South Sydney’s all-time leading try-scorer in a comeback win over the Tigers that could have been a turning point for the Rabbitohs season.

Granted the Tigers were poor in the second half but they started strongly and the way Souths stormed home can give them momentum entering the Origin period in the top eight.

“It means a lot to me, there is no club I’d rather play for,” Johnston said of his record of 147 tries for Souths.

“I love this club and to break this record is something I could never dream of.

“I have so many people to thank. Teammates and family and coaches. Everyone that got me here.”

Now Ken Irvine’s record of 212 tries is just 65 tries away and at 27, Johnston has a real chance to break it if he can stay healthy over the course of the remainder of his career.

Johnston got the spoils, but it was a team effort from Souths and Cooper Cronk believes Jason Demetriou needs to get his team playing like they did in the second half for a full 80 minutes.

“Whatever Jason said at halftime he should record it because there was a reaction from some of the best players in South Sydney,” Cronk said.

“Cody Walker was great. Campbell Graham set up multiple tries down that left edge.

“At 18-12 at halftime you were thinking the Tigers are right in this contest and it was just an avalanche of good ball for South Sydney.

“When South Sydney are great they are so in sync and they just combine really well. They attacked so well in that second half.”

Benji Marshall believes Souths have shown what they can do when they complete and hold the footy and they just have to do it more often for longer periods.

“It has been the story of their seasons completion rates,” Marshall said.

“They talk about it every second week not being good enough. They were at 88 per cent and when they have that much ball and control possession and territory they are a hard team to stop.

“Alex Johnston a hat-trick of tries he was outstanding tonight. Cody Walker showed some flair, I thought he was really good.

“But it was their forward pack for me. Mark Nicholls came back and was really outstanding. Tom Burgess that was probably the best game he played all season.”

Cronk believes Souths now have the blueprint to be successful in the second half of the year.

“When you score that many points in the second half everything works,” Cronk said.

“Their middle forwards were great. Cameron Murray’s ability to promote that ball but then know when to run allowed Damien Cook to have one of his better games.

“And Benji Marshall wanted Cody Walker to smile, well he was smiling to finish that win off.”

Steenson123

Juniors
After watching the replay, here's my full report,

Nikorima: Wasn't bad but didn't do much really to be fair. Strangely, even when we were dominating, he made less of an impact than last week. Hardly chimed into the attack at all apart from the odd raid. I'm not saying he was poor, just little involvement. Did have a few nice touches though like forcing that drop out in the first half, a couple of good kick returns and passes. Did put one down at the start of the second half which put us under pressure (luckily didn't cost us) and then later slipped fielding that Brooks kick and went out but again, didn't cost us. Good goal kicking too. So I think I'd still like to see more from Kodi but he is still finding his feet in our team that's for sure.

Johnston: What a special night for Alex the great!! I think that's what we should start calling him from now on. A hat-trick of tries to become our all-time top try scorer in Indigenous Round, it doesn't get much better than that!! Very special. Great finishes for all. The first, he had one defender to beat and showed some slick footwork to do so, his second was a nice finish as he threw his body over the line with great timing and then the final history making one was nice vision from AJ to put himself in a position to take that pass. Just incredible to watch and well done to him! Aside from all his try scoring, the other parts of his game were on song too. His hit ups were solid, safe at the back, no errors and he was strong defensively. A fantastic night for Alex the great!! So special to watch.

Graham: Speaking of special, how good was that performance from Stretch?! just so solid and reliable all game. Heavily involved in our attack as he provided the final pass for all of AJ's tries, two of which where he showed us great skills with his quick hands to get it out there. Then a great show of agility and strength to free his arms and get the ball away to AJ for his third try assist. Just brilliant stuff from Campbell! Was rewarded with a burrowing try of his own too at a crucial stage of the game. What's more, his yardage carries were so impressive as he constantly put his hand up to take a run and this all contributed to a massive 169 running meters! The most impressive was obviously that 30 meter run he made in the second half from on our own line, god that was class!! No issues what so ever defensively either. Awesome stuff from Stretch, showing the NSW selectors he is all class yet again.

Paulo: A mixed night but I do think he ended up with more good than bad. Deserves to cop some criticism for that first half as it simply wasn't good enough defensively. He was all at sea and just had no idea what was going on it seemed. Failed to show effort and compete for the ball in the lead up to the Tigers second try, got turned inside out a number of times after that through failing to read the play. If it wasn't for others around him saving his ass, we would have been in even more trouble because of him. He also contributed to the poor defence down the right for the Tigers third try. However, credit where credit is due, he came out in that second half, tightened up his defence and came out looking like a completely different player. A shift to the wing probably helped but even then, there seemed to be a clear attitude shift from Jaxson. Played a huge role in that second half domination and it was actually him that turned the tide with that amazing one-on-one steal off Naden. That completely flipped the game as we scored the next set. He then showed us that he can actually read the play later in the half by taking that intercept and streaking away to score which was a nice moment. So an up and down game but credit to Jaxson for turning it around.

Milne: He was obviously a part of that poor defence down the right in the first half however, I actually don't think he was too bad. A lot of those lapses were not his fault. We were getting caught about being too compressed constantly and it is drummed into wingers that they follow what their center and inside players do defensively so this is all Taane was doing, like I say, not really his fault. He did show us a few good reads in defence that's for sure. With the ball he was pretty good, his hit ups and kick returns were all strong on his way to 114 meters which is a pretty good effort.

Walker: Indigenous Round meant there'd be no excuses for Cody to not stand up and have a good game so it was great to see him rise to the occasion and play a starring role in the win. He was in everything. Some lovely quick hands to contribute to AJ's first, and then a nice cut out ball to Graham in the lead up to AJ's second. Again, it was Cody creating for AJ's third as he threw a face ball out to Graham again. These were all great plays by Cody and it was great to see the left edge on fire once again. A few other good examples of Cody finding form with his ball playing throughout the game but they didn't lead to tries. Awesome to see him nab two himself in Indigenous Round! He was Johnny on the spot for his first but the second was great to watch. Good vision and combination with Lauchie to indentify the space, jump back on the inside, call the play, beat a few defenders and crash over. That was one of the highlights of the Season so far for me, that try. It could prove a very important one as it hopefully gave Cody the confidence he's been lacking to spring back into form. Great night for Walker!

Ilias: A bit quiet in the first half aside from a few nice kicks and that magnificent try-saving ankle tap on Naden but I thought he really rose to the occasion and came to the fore in the second stanza where he looked great. A Reynolds-like combination with Cody a number of times there which lead to three tries. He executed his role in the build up to these tries perfectly. They looks so good when they combine together. I especially loved the combo for Cody's second try, god that was good to watch from our halves! Aside from that stuff, I thought his game management in that second half was good and defensively he was very solid. A great tackle on Laurie late in the game to save a try. We done Lauchie!
No doubt Paulo received a big kick in the rear at Oranges.
His second stanza effort was outstanding, the complete inverse of Half 1.