What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Monday June 3rd at Suncorp Stadium
All our Origin reps are out

Question is, who will be those representatives?
Who comes into replace them?

Prince is due back this week too.

beads6

First Grade
A very tough few months for us coming back. We won't see our best team on the field until after origin. Lets hope our young forwards can really step up and fill the void left by our Origin players.

Tera

Juniors
So who are we going to be missing? Thaiday, Hodges, Parker and Gillett certainties with McG being an outside chance. Those are some huge holes in the squad to fill.

1. Norman
2. Kemp/Helen Keller/Anyone but Maranta
3. Kahu
4. Whitchurch/Glenn?
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Anderson
9. McC
10. Hala
11. Glenn/Whitchurch
12. J Wallace
13. Slyney/Dodds

14. Granville
15. Lui
16. Dodds/Slyney
17. ????????

Unless I'm missing someone obvious... that'll be close to our side? :|

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
So who are we going to be missing? Thaiday, Hodges, Parker and Gillett certainties with McG being an outside chance. Those are some huge holes in the squad to fill.

1. Norman
2. Kemp/Helen Keller/Anyone but Maranta
3. Kahu
4. Whitchurch/Glenn?
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Anderson
9. McC
10. Hala
11. Glenn/Whitchurch
12. J Wallace
13. Slyney/Dodds

14. Granville
15. Lui
16. Dodds/Slyney
17. ????????

Unless I'm missing someone obvious... that'll be close to our side? :|

I expect to see:

1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Kahu
4. Hoffman
5. Kemp
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Glenn (c)
12. J.Wallace
13. Lui

14. Hunt
15. Hala
16. Slyney
17. Dodds

Bretto

Bench
I imagine the Warriors will put about 32 points on us this round. I like the idea of Hoffman at Centre though.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't even think Lui is available...

I really hope McGuire and Gillett aren't picked for Origin - for both the Maroons and the Broncos sake.

My team...

1. Corey Norman
2. Denan Kemp
3. Josh Hoffman
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Ben Hunt
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Matt Gillett
13. Mitchell Dodds

14. Jake Granville
15. David Hala
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Nick Slyney

18. Petero Civoniceiva
19. Kurtis Lingwoodock

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
18. Petero Civoniceiva
19. Kurtis Lingwoodock

Hey BP do you think non-contracted Broncos are a possibility? If so, I think we should take a look at Brendon Gibb, I think he could a job for us in the backrow, well at least much better than Mitchell Dodds :p. Gibb has been going pretty well this year.

Big Pete

Referee
Gibb is contracted to the club - I completely forgot about him - he'd be in-front of Lingers.

Dodds and Gibb play different roles. Dodd is just there to sure up the middle third in defence.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'd like to see Griffin give one of the Under 20s a crack form the bench. Maybe one of the bigger forwards.

Big Pete

Referee
Matt Gillett will play his 4th game for the Maroons, guess that would make my backrow...

11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Brendon Gibb
13. Mitchell Dodds

14. Jake Granville
15. David Hala
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Nick Slyney

beads6

First Grade
I think McGuire will be in the 13 Pete. Makes sense to me. Stagg is a pretty big loss over this period.

Big Pete

Referee
Wouldn't be surprised, but really it wouldn't make much difference - just a less glaring way to name Hala or J. Wallace as a starter I'd imagine.

As long as Lui doesn't play, I'll be happy. Dunamis needs to spend a consistent season in QCup and needs to get his body right. The problem with him is that since 2011 or so he's constantly suffered small injuries and he's rushed straight into first grade without getting much footy under his belt. If he was allowed to spend sometime getting his body right and was allowed to get some rhythmn in the Queensland Cup, he'd be a much more handy depth option.

Feels like a life-time ago Dunamis was being spoken in the same sentence as Tariq Sims.

Big Pete

Referee
He's an option although I'd imagine he'd be behind Slyney, Oates, Timu, Gibb, McLean and Lui.

I'd have Lingwoodock before him too.

ranga68

Juniors
so who are we going to be missing? Thaiday, hodges, parker and gillett certainties with mcg being an outside chance. Those are some huge holes in the squad to fill.

1. Norman
2. Kemp/helen keller/anyone but maranta
3. Kahu
4. Whitchurch/glenn?
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Anderson
9. Mcc
10. Hala
11. Glenn/whitchurch
12. J wallace
13. Slyney/dodds

14. Granville
15. Lui
16. Dodds/slyney
17. ????????

Unless i'm missing someone obvious... That'll be close to our side? :|
mcguire

ranga68

Juniors
Beads6 I think your on the money mate McGuire will probably play the full 80 which is funny since they all keep telling us he is underdone for origin.