What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Major changes for Monday

1. Corey Norman
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Josh Hoffman
4. Jack Reed
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Scott Prince
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Peter Wallace
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Andrew McCullough
13. Dunamis Lui/Nick Slyney

14. Jake Granville
15. David Hala
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Mitchell Dodds/Dunamis Lui/Nick Slyney

Kaiden

Juniors
Hopefully this move ups our go forward by way of Wallace. Question now remains
What will happen when the full team lines up again in a few weeks time?

JamesBrandy

Juniors
FINALLY! Great move in Wallace to hooker IMO...not sure about McCullough in the second row...but at least he can't try to burrow over for a try from dummy half on the last tackle from there!

I'm a bit disappointed and feel bad for Kemp on missing out too.

unbreaK

Juniors
I'm extremely glad we're trying something new, great news that Aaron gets a shot on the wing, also good that Ben is getting another shot (He's playing Five-Eighth, not Halfback though)

1. Norman
2. Whitchurch
3. Hoffman
4. Reed
5. Kahu
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. P.Wallace
10. Anderson
11. Glenn (c)
12. McCullough
13. Slyney

14. Granville
15. Hala
16. J.Wallace
17. Dodds

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
My team with the origin players and injured players back would probably be..

1. Kahu
2. Whitchurch*
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. P.Wallace
10. Thaiday (c)
11. Glenn
12. McCullough**
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. McGuire
16. Gillett**
17. Hala***

* = Pending Jharal Yow Yeh return
** = Pending how Andrew McCullough performs in the back row
*** = Pending David Stagg return

Kaiden

Juniors
It just depends on how the team performs with the new spine. What if we lose by 20 odd points? We will change it back for sure. But, if we win by 30 and the try's are scored by how the spine performs and not just a binge in penalties (Titans game) then i see this spine sticking. As for Macca, i think he is on his last legs in the starting line-up and even on the bench if this spine performs. Granville is a much better impact player than Macca.

My line-up once team is healthy and back from Origin (if spine performs well).

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. P.Wallace
10. Thaiday (c)
11. Glenn
12. Gillet
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. McGuire
16. Anderson
17. Hala

renouf

Juniors
I don't see how Prince would have made a positive difference against the Eels, Titans or Dogs.

Perhaps his goal kicking would have been handy but his percentage wasn't exactly amazing.

Prince wouldn't have done anything for our soft defence against the Dogs.

Why focus on the defence all the time? The rest of the game needs to be in order as well, and in our case with Hunt/Wallace in the halves we're no good. Wallace and Prince look good together and we've played our best games with those two in the halves.

unbreaK

Juniors
We've played our best games with those two in the halves.

And by our best you mean marginally better than the rubbish we produced when those 2 weren't together, it's all a work in progress, Hunt is still the better long term option.

Big Pete

Referee
Why focus on the defence all the time? The rest of the game needs to be in order as well, and in our case with Hunt/Wallace in the halves we're no good. Wallace and Prince look good together and we've played our best games with those two in the halves.

I'd take our Round 10 win over anything Prince/Wallace produced.

If Prince added anything worthwhile to our offence I'd be on board but his positives are marginal at best.

Why defence renouf? Why not defence? That's half the game and we're conceding over 40 missed tackles more often than not for this season! It's what hurt us against the Dogs, that and coach killing errors.

beads6

First Grade
I'll be interested to see who he takes off to get Granville on the field. I hope it is either McCullough or Wallace. I a not a fan of shuffling the halves around mid game.

Kaiden

Juniors
This is a must win game for us! we win, we are tied 7th, but if we lose we will be stuck alone on 11th. With Canberra next week, this could be danger time!

Dazzat

First Grade
Let's remember Prince is still settling into a new club. If you can show me any playmaker who arrives at a new club and immediately hits his straps, will I'd be shocked. Injury has also robbed Prince of some opportunity to hit up the combinations.

Cannot see McCullough as a backrower. I see him being picked in the back row as the first step toward some time in Intrust Super Cup to be honest. I think he needs some time out of the team because he has become too predictable.

unbreaK

Juniors
Let's remember Prince is still settling into a new club. If you can show me any playmaker who arrives at a new club and immediately hits his straps, will I'd be shocked. Injury has also robbed Prince of some opportunity to hit up the combinations.

Cannot see McCullough as a backrower. I see him being picked in the back row as the first step toward some time in Intrust Super Cup to be honest. I think he needs some time out of the team because he has become too predictable.

Maloney arrived at the Roosters and took them from hardly a Top 8 side to one of the best teams in the competition and himself from about 5th best Five-Eighth in NSW to 1st.

I'd say that's pretty immediate.

DeeJ

Bench
Surely you would put McCullough at lock and have him defend in the middle all match for his 50+ tackles. He's too small and slow for a backrower on the edges.

unbreaK

Juniors
Surely you would put McCullough at lock and have him defend in the middle all match for his 50+ tackles. He's too small and slow for a backrower on the edges.

It's a bit of a worry that our starting Hooker is too slow for the Backrow :p

1qaz

Juniors
HAHAHA the coach has lost it again. McShitty to backrow :lol:
Whitchurch has worst hands than a redtube user :lol:

DeeJ

Bench
It's a bit of a worry that our starting Hooker is too slow for the Backrow :p

Backrowers are basically big centers now, especially out on the edge. That's why McCullough should be in the middle of the field (13) doing what he does best - defense.

I remember last year Macca played a bit in the backrow towards the end of the game but it was more like he and Ben Hunt sharing the hooking role.

Dazzat

First Grade
Maloney arrived at the Roosters and took them from hardly a Top 8 side to one of the best teams in the competition and himself from about 5th best Five-Eighth in NSW to 1st.

I'd say that's pretty immediate.

OK ... good pick-up. Any others?

Sandow took some time at the Eels. Carney at the Sharks.

I think the club buying Prince in the first place smacked a bit of desperation, looking for experience, and possibly led to the Norman going to the Eels. So I'm not a huge fan of the move originally. It points to an overall directionless recruitment performance by the club which all started with Civ leaving for the Panthers.

It's been a patchwork quilt ever since.

If Norman and Wallace are leaving, then Griffin is looking to the future by putting Hunt and Prince in the halves.

renouf

Juniors
I'd take our Round 10 win over anything Prince/Wallace produced.

If Prince added anything worthwhile to our offence I'd be on board but his positives are marginal at best.

Why defence renouf? Why not defence? That's half the game and we're conceding over 40 missed tackles more often than not for this season! It's what hurt us against the Dogs, that and coach killing errors.

The game where we got a million penalties and were playing at home? The games we've lost with Hunt and Wallace in the halves says a hell of a lot more then a game we won.

Nobody's worried about our defence when we win games, we've defended poorly (based on missed tackles) and still looked the better side. I just think if other areas of your game aren't in check, then the defence will suffer too. These guys play on confidence, the flow of the game when you're in possession, it all has an impact on other areas of the game.

Last edited:

1qaz

Juniors
The Ttians are laughing at loud at the Broncos coach.
Titans got Kelly, the Broncos coach got his Princess :lol: