What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Spud

Juniors
Broncos: Corey Norman, Denan Kemp, Josh Hoffman, Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Scott Prince, Peter Wallace, Josh McGuire, Andrew McCullough, Scott Anderson, Alex Glenn, Nick Slyney, Dunamis Lui. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Mitchell Dodds, David Hala, Jarrod Wallace, Jake Granville, Aaron Whitchurch

from the Courier Mail

Spud

Juniors
Warriors shaking in their boots no doubt.

Hopefully Kemp plays well and Josh makes a good fist of the centres.

Big Pete

Referee
The side was never going to look pretty. Just hope the boys really put in, if they can score a win, it'd be huge.

Spud

Juniors
The side was never going to look pretty. Just hope the boys really put in, if they can score a win, it'd be huge.

x2 as long as the effort is there I am loathe to criticize. At least having McGuire in the team is a bonus this week. Thought he was Origin bound despite still working his way back from injury.

Tera

Juniors
Reminds me of the Baby Broncos of old. Not expecting a win, but hoping for a big effort.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Lui to start with Hala off the bench? Lui has better cardio than Hala? Confused.

I think everyone has better cardio than Hala :p

I'm very surprised that Gibb is not in the team over Lui. Did he get injured or something recently?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Reminds me of the Baby Broncos of old. Not expecting a win, but hoping for a big effort.

Doesn't really have the "baby broncos" feel about it to me. Lui, Sylney, Hala, Dodds, Wallace, Granville, Whitchurch aren't really that "young".

Also no debutants as far as I can see.

Tera

Juniors
Perhaps not in age, but in experience absolutely. These guys collectively have played a handful of games and never all together. Will be interesting to see if anyone puts their hand up.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Perhaps not in age, but in experience absolutely. These guys collectively have played a handful of games and never all together. Will be interesting to see if anyone puts their hand up.

I wouldn't hold ur breathe as many of these guys are playing qld cup for a reason. But look for more improvement from hala and Wallace . Whitchurch has potential but is still struggling to get back to what he was before his back injury.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
He's an option although I'd imagine he'd be behind Slyney, Oates, Timu, Gibb, McLean and Lui.

I'd have Lingwoodock before him too.

I didn't think Lingwoodock was still with the Broncos.

He looked on the verge on going to the next level at the end of 2011 but he really hasn't gone ahead in the last two seasons, largely coming off the bench for Ipswich.

Big Pete

Referee
He isn't, he's with the Jets who as far as I know are an affiliate of the Broncos.

I'm sure all it'd take is a phone call and an offer for a bench spot to draft him back in.

I've always been a fan but he suffered TC syndrome. AKA getting injured just as he was hitting his straps.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
He isn't, he's with the Jets who as far as I know are an affiliate of the Broncos.

I'm sure all it'd take is a phone call and an offer for a bench spot to draft him back in.

I've always been a fan but he suffered TC syndrome. AKA getting injured just as he was hitting his straps.

I think if you still have money left in the cap for the current season then you can I think offer so called "match payments" for one-off games, is that correct?

So it's doable. Even the chance to call up Civ for a game!

beads6

First Grade
I hope Hook grows a brain and Puts Hunt back to Q cup to let him work on his game as a half so we can get more games into Granville as a hooker. Also looking forward to seeing how our young props go when getting longer minutes. I like the looks of young Wallace and Hala.

isaiah

Bench
hope dodds get extended minutes. i think his defence off the bench is the difference between some of our winning performances early in the season and some losses lately.

renouf

Juniors
I don't think we'll get flogged, Prince will make a huge difference imo. I don't care about his defence, it's organising/kicking/passing game that we miss.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
I'm looking forward to this one so i must be one sadist bast**d :p
Also don't think we'll get flogged but not expecting a win. I'm just looking forward to the newish troops on the field and seeing what they can dig (and dish) out. A reshuffle might wake up the rest of the crew. Can't be any more
inconsistent to our year so far and the kiwis are running hot and cold also.
Go the Broncs!

Big Pete

Referee
I don't see how Prince would have made a positive difference against the Eels, Titans or Dogs.

Perhaps his goal kicking would have been handy but his percentage wasn't exactly amazing.

Prince wouldn't have done anything for our soft defence against the Dogs.