What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

justadragon

Bench
JDb is playing well this year. I'm also sure he loves the club.
However I will never ever be able to say I'm "proud of him and the character he has demonstrated."
No matter how well he plays I always have an extremely hollow feeling when watching him.
Still amazed people can disregard what happened. All males of course.
I know how you feel since77, but if we were to be absolutely clinical , what should we be really judging him on, is it our place to judge his character. You saw on another thread about Taylon May and how we responded to that in an absolute no way should we want him, I was one of them. But I think JDB is a different story, no doubt he stuffed up well and truly especially in his family life, no arguments there from me. In that scenario there is only one judge and that his wife and kids, if they have forgiven and tried to make a better life moving forward, should we not do the same instead of always looking back. By no means am I trying to make you feel a particular way that will always be your decision, for me I tend to see the good in people after they have remorse and will always give them a second chance. But if it were to continue by all means throw them to the shithouse. There will be one question I suppose in the future and that is if Amone comes back to the Dragons for a second chance, what would we do or feel ?

redv13

Bench
I hope the club and JDB come to some sort of agreement moving forward. He needs to be RE SIGNED for 2 years. Love him or hate him, he is massive for the forward pack when he is on the field, totally different beast than when he is off. He loves the club, blind Freddy can see that when he plays each week and leads the team song after a win

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope the club and JDB come to some sort of agreement moving forward. He needs to be RE SIGNED for 2 years. Love him or hate him, he is massive for the forward pack when he is on the field, totally different beast than when he is off. He loves the club, blind Freddy can see that when he plays each week and leads the team song after a win
...and if we can sign a couple of decent hard mobile props, JDB will be even better I feel as they will help to cause the "damage" and allow JDB to play with more energy particularly in defence.

Dragon David

First Grade
I know how you feel since77, but if we were to be absolutely clinical , what should we be really judging him on, is it our place to judge his character. You saw on another thread about Taylon May and how we responded to that in an absolute no way should we want him, I was one of them. But I think JDB is a different story, no doubt he stuffed up well and truly especially in his family life, no arguments there from me. In that scenario there is only one judge and that his wife and kids, if they have forgiven and tried to make a better life moving forward, should we not do the same instead of always looking back. By no means am I trying to make you feel a particular way that will always be your decision, for me I tend to see the good in people after they have remorse and will always give them a second chance. But if it were to continue by all means throw them to the shithouse. There will be one question I suppose in the future and that is if Amone comes back to the Dragons for a second chance, what would we do or feel ?
JDB's past to me is now history. His part in the dramas leading to his absence from our squad for a couple of seasons hurt us pretty badly and his reputation took a massive dive. A lot will not forget and forgive him and hopefully his loved ones have overcome his misdemeanour and are getting on with life, which reports show they are.

I am now looking at JDB as a footballer who loves the Red V and while I wasn't proud with what he was involved in back then, he was cleared to return to playing league and to me that is all that matters today.

justadragon

Bench
JDB's past to me is now history. His part in the dramas leading to his absence from our squad for a couple of seasons hurt us pretty badly and his reputation took a massive dive. A lot will not forget and forgive him and hopefully his loved ones have overcome his misdemeanour and are getting on with life, which reports show they are.

I am now looking at JDB as a footballer who loves the Red V and while I wasn't proud with what he was involved in back then, he was cleared to return to playing league and to me that is all that matters today.
Well said Dave,,

maestro1

Bench
I can't believe we are still talking about JDBs alleged misdemeanor. He wasn't found guilty, his family have forgiven him, he did time out of the game, and he has never played at any level below 100% commitment. Other clubs/fans seem to forgive their wayward stars pretty easily. We as a collective seem to be marking harder than even the media. The media WAS relentless but they've moved on. Time that we do as well.