What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v The Stone Poneys

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I never said we were less likely to win with Dufty in the team at all. I wish we re signed him but we are not. That’s the end of the story really. When he has a game like that against Penrith or Melbourne Hook may reconsider who knows.

I'd argue he was having a game like that against Melbourne. At half time we were only down 14-10 playing with 12 men. He goes off with an injury and we lose by lots.

Yes, OK, I know he is going and there's nothing I can do about it. I still don't like it. People are saying trust the process but it's not like Dragons Board and Management have recent history in making good decisions.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd argue he was having a game like that against Melbourne. At half time we were only down 14-10 playing with 12 men. He goes off with an injury and we lose by lots.

Yes, OK, I know he is going and there's nothing I can do about it. I still don't like it. People are saying trust the process but it's not like Dragons Board and Management have recent history in making good decisions.
I love Dufty and wish he could be turned into a 5/8 and we could keep him but it’s just not going to happen unfortunately. His fullback play really isn’t up to scratch for what I believe he’s asking. I just think his and our management have reached a deadlock. I don’t want to argue with people on here or flog a dead horse. I firmly believe whoever we chose as fullback will more than do the job with the addition of JDB ball playing and potentially Sullivan’s spark in attack.

Illusion

Bench

x2

blacksafake

First Grade
All the talk about Dufty well IMO Bird in the back row had more influence on the outcome of the game than Dufty did.

80 minutes, running great lines, doing the tough stuff, creating room for the backs, stiffened the defence’s attitude (yes did miss a couple of tackles) but he was more than uplifting in the hardest aspect of the game.

If Bird didn’t play so well IMO we would have found it a lot tougher.
Agree OT plus I know it was only minor but JDB as the link also gave the spine room which we’ve been lacking. Vaughan was also offloading before the line which is a bonus.

blacksafake

First Grade
2 broncos tries after line breaks dufty missed tackles, not easy tackles no, but the top 10 fullbacks stop at least 1 of those if not both. The other one was an early kick and I thought dufty should have been the cover. Right now obviously dufty is a better fb than Ramsay yes, but Ramsay probably isn't the one taking his place anyway.
The try that Arthurs scored off the kick shouldn’t have happened. He was way out of position. The better fullbacks just seem to find a way to get there.

kit66

Bench
2 broncos tries after line breaks dufty missed tackles, not easy tackles no, but the top 10 fullbacks stop at least 1 of those if not both. The other one was an early kick and I thought dufty should have been the cover. Right now obviously dufty is a better fb than Ramsay yes, but Ramsay probably isn't the one taking his place anyway.

I agree on the kick through, he should have been a lot closer but to be fair all the Broncs tries came after stupid errors from us that gave them possession in good field position and allowed them to hit back. We make some very basic unforced errors each game that other teams manage to mostly avoid. Every game. Dufty was responsible for 7 tries ( potentially 42 points ), that cannot be ignored. If Paps, Tommy T or Teddy did that the Channel Nine commentators would be creaming over it for a week.

Gareth67

First Grade
After watching the press conference it would appear that there will be no change of heart by Griffin in regards to Duffy . Shame , but it would appear that the decision has been set in stone . I have no idea just what is going through Griffin’s mind as to a replacement , however there is no doubt in my mind that Corey Ramsey needs to remain on the wing . Perhaps we shall have an answer in regards to the fullback position by season’s end ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
All the talk about Dufty well IMO Bird in the back row had more influence on the outcome of the game than Dufty did.

80 minutes, running great lines, doing the tough stuff, creating room for the backs, stiffened the defence’s attitude (yes did miss a couple of tackles) but he was more than uplifting in the hardest aspect of the game.

If Bird didn’t play so well IMO we would have found it a lot tougher.
Dufty set up Bird's first try.

Bird was following our best attacking player, as all good support players do.

The damp conditions last night were perfect for fast smaller 'five-eighth' types like Dufty who could side-step the bigger forwards close to the ruck.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Last night's game showed how bad a team the Bronco's really are. Wow. Saints played well but Brisbane did not really put up too much of a fight. And they scored 4 tries which is probably all from the 4 times they were in the Dragons 20.

Saints were Good don't get me wrong but need to build on this win with a few strong performances in the next few weeks against Dogs, Raiders and Warriors. They should win all 3.

Bird was excellent in the backrow but I would prefer him at centre and have Maguire, JDB and Sims in the back 3. How good was it to see Rava. That try he scored was pretty impressive as he did not have muck room at all. And Dufty clearly was man of the match but Ben Hunt not far behind. One of his best. He always lifts against the Bronco's. Looks like Norman was getting a rev up when he came off from the field. Would love to know if it was good or bad stuff said? I am assuming bad.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Last night's game showed how bad a team the Bronco's really are. Wow. Saints played well but Brisbane did not really put up too much of a fight. And they scored 4 tries which is probably all from the 4 times they were in the Dragons 20.

Saints were Good don't get me wrong but need to build on this win with a few strong performances in the next few weeks against Dogs, Raiders and Warriors. They should win all 3.

Bird was excellent in the backrow but I would prefer him at centre and have Maguire, JDB and Sims in the back 3. How good was it to see Rava. That try he scored was pretty impressive as he did not have muck room at all. And Dufty clearly was man of the match but Ben Hunt not far behind. One of his best. He always lifts against the Bronco's. Looks like Norman was getting a rev up when he came off from the field. Would love to know if it was good or bad stuff said? I am assuming bad.
With respect just not seeing that view Slippery. Not sure we’ve earned the right to be so bold to claim we “should win all three”. I’ll take any win and hope to bloody hell we just get another.......Agree with your Hunt assessment, but i thought Norman went just fine and i’d also leave Bird closer to the ruck. Dying for him to play in the forwards and felt he gave us great shape in attack that we haven’t enjoyed for two years, plus he gets his hands on the ball more there; feel he just brings so much more to the table than McGuire IMO.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
After watching the press conference it would appear that there will be no change of heart by Griffin in regards to Duffy . Shame , but it would appear that the decision has been set in stone . I have no idea just what is going through Griffin’s mind as to a replacement , however there is no doubt in my mind that Corey Ramsey needs to remain on the wing . Perhaps we shall have an answer in regards to the fullback position by season’s end ?
I really think Milford has been wrapped up and on his way to fill 5/8 and I reckon Moses Mbye will end up being the FB for next 2 years...basically a totally ball-playing 1,6,7 spine with immense experience...Sloan will be ready in 2 yrs time at 21yo... I can't see Hook playing Sloan or Ramsay at FB in 2022 and i also cant see Hook going into 2022 without an experienced 6...I dont know where that leaves Bud and Amone and he will be thinking of the Hunt/Milford combination from past days...

Last edited: