What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

PinkPanther

Juniors
1. Matt MOYLAN
2. Travis ROBINSON
3. Lewis BROWN
4. Dean WHARE
5. David SIMMONS
6. Isaac JOHN
7. Luke WALSH
8. Nigel PLUM
9. Kevin KINGSTON (c)
10. Tim GRANT
11. Sika MANU
12. Matt ROBINSON
13. Adam DOCKER

14. James SEGEYARO
15. Mose MASOE
16. James ROBERTS
17. Clint NEWTON

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
This is a tricky game. We should win though but who knows what the bye did to us. Ill be there on Sunday should get over 10,000 this week

maple_69

Bench
Interesting stat. 606 games of NRL experience in our Windsor squad for this weekend. Bloody strong squad that would give Parra a run atm. I think Campbell-gillards first run in reserves as well? Great to see the right players getting experience. Finals in all 5 grades would be a great achievement for the club and great progress.

murraymob

Coach
great to see we are picking the best available players instead of previous the same guys getting picked.For to long we have been happy to win the lower grades.Gould and Cleary have the right idea push the players up with the view to first grade

franklin2323

Immortal
Interesting stat. 606 games of NRL experience in our Windsor squad for this weekend.

Tighe & Smith have 400 between them. The problem is these damn injuries.
NRL: Anderson (2 weeks), Austin (2-3 weeks), Coote, McKendry,
NSW cup have: Cook (Season), Humble, Cherrington, Eisenhuth out.
NYC: Scarlett (season), Jennings, Wilson, Moseley, Vailea out.

Anyone no lengths for those not listed?

Randy81

Juniors
Tighe & Smith have 400 between them. The problem is these damn injuries.
NRL: Anderson (2 weeks), Austin (2-3 weeks), Coote, McKendry,
NSW cup have: Cook (Season), Humble, Cherrington, Eisenhuth out.
NYC: Scarlett (season), Jennings, Wilson, Moseley, Vailea out.

Anyone no lengths for those not listed?

Coote round 20. Source: horses mouth

franklin2323

Immortal
This is a tricky game. We should win though but who knows what the bye did to us. Ill be there on Sunday should get over 10,000 this week

Not just the bye but we are starting to sort out unsigned players so we may not be as hungry. That said we should win.

As for the crowd. We won 4/5. No rain all week or game day. The tigers will bring some fans 15k should be the aim

Scotty03

Juniors
Although Brown has been close to our best the last few weeks, I'd prefer to see Roberts named as starting center with Brown at 12 - Then Robinson coming off the bench for impact.

At worse case if Roberts struggles he can always opt to the original plan of having Brown in at center.

Understand they are trying to blood Roberts in, but don't overly like the idea of having a center come in after 70 odd min then move Brown to second row or lock for the remaining (if that's the way Cleary is playing it.)

Also, WTF does Newton offer besides comedic relief?

betcats

Referee
Although Brown has been close to our best the last few weeks, I'd prefer to see Roberts named as starting center with Brown at 12 - Then Robinson coming off the bench for impact.

At worse case if Roberts struggles he can always opt to the original plan of having Brown in at center.

Understand they are trying to blood Roberts in, but don't overly like the idea of having a center come in after 70 odd min then move Brown to second row or lock for the remaining (if that's the way Cleary is playing it.)

Roberts will play more then 10 minutes...i'd like to see him start as well though.

Big Mick

Referee
I think they are just trying to phase him in gradually to the centre position.

I think his minutes will increase each week as he gets more comfortable there and then he'll start maybe even next week or two if he performs well this week.

franklin2323

Immortal
People know I am not a fan of Cleary but in this I am with him. Which forward goes to put Brown in the pack? On form no one. Roberts got 60mins last game. I expect the same minimum here.

Say Plum is 1st for a rest. Docker prop. Brown lock. Roberts in. Or Manu off Brown in. Brown isn't the best attacking centre but it's only 20mins. Sure 1 was off a forward pass but last game he had a hand in 2 tries so it's getting better.

betcats

Referee
Im not worried about Brown playing centre, I just wouldnt mind seeing Roberts play a full game against the tigers. Their outside backs are pretty inexperienced, I think Roberts could handle the start.

chrisD

Coach

Newton is playing prop when Grant and Plum are off, he's crap but who else would fill that void?

Pomoz

Bench

Scotty, Newton has been putting in the last month. He has been doing some tough yards up the middle when it counts. Ordinarily I would agree, but credit where its due.

maple_69

Bench
Id disagree. Hes cruised in a winning team. Hes been invisible. Certainly hasnt screwed up but when Mckendry/Austin/VTK are ready to go it should definiteoy be at the cost of Newton.

Kilkenny

Coach
I keep reading posts talking up VTK for the top grade. I'm sorry but the kid has struggled to stand out for the Wolves so you couldn't seriously consider him for the top grade. Yes McKendry will surely come straight back in once fit but VTK is a long way off. As for Blake Austin I simply cannot find a spot for him in the top 17 unless there may be an opening thru injury.

franklin2323

Immortal
VTK has been pretty good this year. He was our best forward against Mounties. I agree though he has struggled to play more then 2-3 games straight this year. We need the NSW Cup players playing sustained blocks of good footy he's not

PinkPanther

Juniors
I know it will sound crazy, and I'm not directly saying this about VTK, but a couple of players from Windsor may be too good for NSW cup, but because they are playing blokes worse than them, they also play bad. Take John for example. He was playing bog average, but now he is killing it in first grade.

Latest posts