What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

So Robinson isn't definitely out yet.

Moylan is.

What isn't clear from the piece is how long this will affect moylan.

Also what other options are there for fullback ? Is mansour worth a shot there again ? Just feels like such a step backwards having wes come in.

MrAnonymous

Bench
What a f**ken joke.

Does this mean he cant play again all year unless wes or someone else gets injured ?

Dogs Of War

Coach
That's bullshit. How easy it for them to say, Player A in the top squad is injured. Lets say 50% of his salary for the games he is missing goes into this second tier cap. It allows for injuries, but stop abuse if a player is out of form and playing reserve grade.

I hope he puts forward a restraint of trade proceeding. The NRL would fold and make amendments immediately.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully our club fakes injuries to Naiqama and Daniela to keep Moylan and Robinson on the field. It's not like Windsor needs either of them.

Apparently the club gave Plum a pay rise for his form. Had we not done that, could we have given Moylan and Robinson a pay rise and been able to keep them in first grade? How can we get rid of an $800k a season centre who would have fit under the salary cap this year, aswell as have injuries to over half a dozen players and still not be able to select Matt Moylan and Travis Robinson for any reason other than injury?

Doomednow

Bench
This sounds like complete and utter bureaucratic bullshit. A rule that limits future and new talent from entering the game? What a clusterf**k.

EDIT: I wonder how much the fine is and if it's worth just copping it and fighting it later on.

Last edited:
This sounds like complete and utter bureaucratic bullshit. A rule that limits future and new talent from entering the game? What a clusterf**k.

EDIT: I wonder how much the fine is and if it's worth just copping it and fighting it later on.

That's what I'm thinking.

Surely this would only amount to a small salary cap breach anyway?

mxlegend99

Referee
I would rather cop the fine and receive a points penalty then field a team like the one we saw in the opening 6 or 7 rounds. Either way our season is over. We're not winning half our remaining games if we're forced to select Wes Naiqama and Geoff Daniela, while our forward pack is missing the go forward of Tim Grant and Sam McKendry.

It's so frustrating that we finally have some hope for the season, and the NRL step in to take it away from us. Most clubs blame injuries for killing their seasons. We have stepped up and allowed injuries to improve the club, and so the NRL is instead forcing us to not select players... which is even worse then having injuries. The players are fit, proven and in great form. But we can't use them.

franklin2323

Immortal
MX, Nah Plum would be coming out of the 500k left from Jenko. Stupid rule.

I would take the fine it's bullshit.

We are atleast $500k under in the fulltime squad.

Latimore out since round 1 no return date
Coote out since round 2 season
Humble season
Austin no return date.
Released Weston

count Jennings it's 6 out of our 25 squad from March out. Yet we get no concessions. Craxy.

Pomoz

Bench
MX, Nah Plum would be coming out of the 500k left from Jenko. Stupid rule.

I would take the fine it's bullshit.

We are atleast $500k under in the fulltime squad.

Latimore out since round 1 no return date
Coote out since round 2 season
Humble season
Austin no return date.
Released Weston

count Jennings it's 6 out of our 25 squad from March out. Yet we get no concessions. Craxy.
Exactly. Its the second tier cap that is the problem. If a second tier player gets promoted they receive a bonus. This is offset against the second tier cap. If too many get promoted the cap gets used up quickly.

Seems like a stupid rule. Payments for first grade should come out of first grade cap.

meek

Juniors
can the player refuse the bonus ?
If so maybe Moylan and Robinson could refuse the bonus to hold there spots in first grade ?
Still better than going down a grade - they would be playing regardless so why not refuse the bonus and play on

Can you do this ?