What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
At 7-4 things are beginning to get dangerous.

Te'o is out for six weeks and Wallace could join him on the sidelines.

What should Griffin do?

IBA

Juniors
Stop resting players...

Hoffman back hopefully. Wallace, fingers crossed will play. Copley as far from the centers as possible. I would take Carlaw over Anderson and Dodds ATM. Seriously give our forwards a gigantic kick up the arse. Every single time you get the ball, you need to run like you are not going to be stopped. Not one of our forwards does that except Hannant. As much as i love the idea of blooding young players; playing 20 year olds does not seem to be working. There must be options of bigger guys who have several years of experience behind them. Our pack is starting to look pathetic; boys getting run over by men.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
The coach has alot to answer to.
For staters, Hook should have never dropped McGuire and Tronc earlier on in the season. Tronc is slow as a fat chic to Jenny Craig clinic but he eats up the meters and on his day has a good offload.
The decision to drop McGuire was Ludacris.
And don't start me with Hoffman.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
For staters, Hook should have never dropped McGuire and Tronc earlier on in the season. Tronc is slow as a fat chic to Jenny Craig clinic but he eats up the meters and on his day has a good offload.

You are correct, but what has that got to do with anything now?

And what are you referring to with Hoffman? Do you think Hook is 'resting' him? If hes not ready, then hes not ready.

beads6

First Grade
Must win IMO, I hope Griffin flogs them at training because they need to know that they way they have been performing is simply not good enough.

beads6

First Grade
You are correct, but what has that got to do with anything now?

And what are you referring to with Hoffman? Do you think Hook is 'resting' him? If hes not ready, then hes not ready.

He has been carrying on about Hoffman for a while but never really explains what is going on. Would love to know what the go is with Hoffman.

Mr Fourex

Bench
At 7-4 things are beginning to get dangerous.

Te'o is out for six weeks and Wallace could join him on the sidelines.

What should Griffin do?

Put his best available team on the park and have a crack at giving it to the Sharks.........

Bit early to name a team at this stage while a few players are under an injury cloud.

Anyhow

1. Hoffman (set for R13 return?)
2. Gagai
3. Beale
4. Reed
5. Yow Yeah
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace out (Hunt still out) ......Norman?
8. Kenny
9. McCullogh
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Baptiste
15. Anderson
16. Carlaw/Hala
17. Dodds

Mr Fourex

Bench

Wtf are you talking about .......

We won games when we dropped Tronc (not because of ...just happened)

and McGuire has been there most of the time

Hoffman has been injured

as are now Tronc and McGuire.

A lot to answer for?

Don't see it ..........

We've lost games around rep time and amongst a growing injury list

What do you expect Griffin to do?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Seriously give our forwards a gigantic kick up the arse. Every single time you get the ball, you need to run like you are not going to be stopped. Not one of our forwards does that except Hannant.

Yeah you're right but I think its more the tackling that needs to improve. The Manly guys hit really hard and with numbers as well, good line speed too.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Wtf are you talking about .......

We won games when we dropped Tronc (not because of ...just happened)

and McGuire has been there most of the time

Hoffman has been injured

as are now Tronc and McGuire.

A lot to answer for?

Don't see it ..........

We've lost games around rep time and amongst a growing injury list

What do you expect Griffin to do?

You are missing the point you clueless gimp.
He decided to "rotate" his forwards.
Hoffman is ready to go.

Mr Fourex

Bench
You are missing the point you clueless gimp.
He decided to "rotate" his forwards.

and the point would be ??

Earlier we were and continued to win games. Is that not to your liking?

Whether he decided to rotate his forwards or not is hardly the reason for 6 or seven games later being in a rough patch, let alone your ridiculous statements that the coach has "a lot to answer for" because of it.

Hoffman is ready to go.

re: Hoffman

yeah.....I can read the web site too. ;-)

DecoyRunner

Juniors
I don't like Norman with Lockyer if Wal is out. They'd be too slow together. Not a lot of options, I spose.

Here's one for ya: How about Nat Bowman from the Comets? If it's at all possible they should draft him in as a mercenary for this one. I know they invited him to train with Brisbane in the offseason of '09.

Here he is winning the Courier Mail medal in '08.

Nat-Bowman-winner-of-The-Courier-Mail-Best-and-Fai-6240512.jpg

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors

Whether he decided to rotate his forwards or not is hardly the reason for 6 or seven games later being in a rough patch, let alone your ridiculous statements that the coach has "a lot to answer for" because of it.

re: Hoffman

yeah.....I can read the web site too. ;-)

Which website you talking about you gimp?
Hoffman has wanted to play for the past month.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors

You play your best 17 every week.
You don't rotate players just to give everyone a game.
Picking Corey Norman as the bench utility and putting him as a fullback was just another dumb decision he has made. What was the point of shifting Beale from fullback to player hooker? Just so Norman gets some game time? :roll:

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I don't like Norman with Lockyer if Wal is out. They'd be too slow together. Not a lot of options, I spose.

Here's one for ya: How about Nat Bowman from the Comets? If it's at all possible they should draft him in as a mercenary for this one. I know they invited him to train with Brisbane in the offseason of '09.

Here he is winning the Courier Mail medal in '08.

Nat-Bowman-winner-of-The-Courier-Mail-Best-and-Fai-6240512.jpg

Good player but got absolutely no hope of being picked. Classic example of the ol' If he played well 3 years ago, let's pick him now Broncos supporter attitude. Why isn't Ashton Sims in the Broncos top grade team? :roll:Did he put a big hit on someone this week?

Mr Fourex

Bench
Hoffman has wanted to play for the past month.

What .......he's the team doc is he?

Obviously someone there thinks he wasn't ready ........after seeing Teo's arm go again on his first game back, you can hardly criticise team management for wanting to make sure he IS ready.

No-ones saying Griffin is rotating his players to give other players game time other than you and just because management thinks differently to you, sure as hell won't cause me to lose any sleep.

I think Griffin is playing what's in front of him .......giving injuries, form and rep duties there due considerations.

Latest posts