What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Gobsmacked

Bench
I live here now and have sponsored multiple junior clubs therefore as a perk get free tickets or corporate boxes to Suncorp and at times Gabba mainly due to cricket. Plenty of fans around. Nothing like Broncos, never was a comparison or will be a comparison but when Roar or Reds or Lions were doing well Suncorp and Gabba was much fuller than when those sides suck.

I don’t understand the attempted argument here considering Brisbane wants to be a town where all their sporting sides are competitive and well supported.

Brisbane-ites back a winner and disappear when they become losers.
I actually don't even understand your point. Yes there’s more support when there’s success- exciting insight !
You go to the Gabba and the Lions club.. makes you think that the Lions are a thing.. they're not.

Iamback

Coach
1965 and 1994 😉

If the NRL had any credibility as a NATIONAL governing body the Dolphins' two first grade premierships are just as legitimate as the Bears' two from 1920 and 1921 when they were playing in cow paddocks

They have to confirm the make up of the Perth Bears to see if they take those 2 with them.

The comp is the same comp, Just has added new teams. No issue with Balmain etc on there

I actually don't even understand your point. Yes there’s more support when there’s success- exciting insight !
You go to the Gabba and the Lions club.. makes you think that the Lions are a thing.. they're not.
Point is the sport is a thing here. It’s not the biggest but it also never claimed to be. But to say no one cares for it is wrong, regardless of if it’s a shit sport or not. I say this with supreme confidence because my network stretches much further than some bloke who lived in a city for only 4 years or another bloke who doesn’t even know that the biggest local sports club in the very suburb he lives in is the very sport he says isn’t a thing.

In short from a general life and a business point of view I mingle with a shitload of people and can say a lot of them barrack for the sport you blokes say isn’t a thing. A lot of them are rugby league fans first and foremost but that doesn’t mean they don’t support other local sports clubs especially when said clubs are winning including bounce ball. For the record it’s not my jam either but to insinuate it’s not a thing here in Brisbane especially after they just won a GF is completely and utterly incorrect.

You simply decided to add your 2 cents half way through a debate without reading the initial post or reply to.

It isn’t that deep. It’s very easy to understand.

Last edited:

Gobsmacked

Bench
Point is the sport is a thing here. It’s not the biggest but it also never claimed to be. But to say no one cares for it is wrong, regardless of if it’s a shit sport or not. I say this with supreme confidence because my network stretches much further than some bloke who lived in a city for only 4 years or another bloke who doesn’t even know that the biggest local sports club in the very suburb he lives in is the very sport he says isn’t a thing.

In short from a general life and a business point of view I mingle with a shitload of people and can say a lot of them barrack for the sport you blokes say isn’t a thing. A lot of them are rugby league fans first and foremost but that doesn’t mean they don’t support other local sports clubs especially when said clubs are winning including bounce ball. For the record it’s not my jam either but to insinuate it’s not a thing here in Brisbane especially after they just won a GF is completely and utterly incorrect.

You simply decided to add your 2 cents half way through a debate without reading the initial post or reply to.

It isn’t that deep. It’s very easy to understand.
Whatever pal