What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Friday 8th June v Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Rabbit toes

First Grade
OK humble pie time. I was 100% wrong about Robbie Farah. He played a completely unselfish game of footy, he played to the coaches script and for his teammates, and he plugged the middle with 65 tackles of hard defence, a lot of those where a rampaging Fifita.

If Cookie needs a rest, we are in good hands :clap::clap::clap:
Amazing what a change of coach can do for players.
Some didn’t want it to happen either

callmack1

Staff member
Can't wait for this!! This is a game we cannot take lightly as the Titans have shown that when they turn it on, they are a great side and we are going o have to be careful.

Personally, I think we should rest all our Origin stars. Imo, it's just too short of a turnaround to back up and we don't want to risk them at this stage of the year. What's more (not to get cocky or too ahead of myself) but we are very capable of beating the Gold Coast without these players so we should rest them so they'll be ready and rareing to go for parra in Round 15.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'd play Crichton if he only gets limited minutes, the others can put their feet up and have a coupla foams in the stands.

If we turn up, we win this game. Post origin will impact GC more with Arrow and Wallace both featuring for Qld imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can't wait for this!! This is a game we cannot take lightly as the Titans have shown that when they turn it on, they are a great side and we are going o have to be careful.

Personally, I think we should rest all our Origin stars. Imo, it's just too short of a turnaround to back up and we don't want to risk them at this stage of the year. What's more (not to get cocky or too ahead of myself) but we are very capable of beating the Gold Coast without these players so we should rest them so they'll be ready and rareing to go for parra in Round 15.
I must admit bro I'm a bit concerned about this game.

The Parra match doesn't worry me in the slightest.

ThingFish

Juniors
Yea the Titans have proven a bit of a bogey team for us in the past.
As Sebs said earlier in the year, “This year we’re a different kind of rabbit” :rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:
I don’t think these guys even dwell on last week’s game let alone the last decades worth. Clean nose team, no bogies. :smiley:

Rabbits20

Immortal
As Sebs said earlier in the year, “This year we’re a different kind of rabbit” :rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:
I don’t think these guys even dwell on last week’s game let alone the last decades worth. Clean nose team, no bogies. :smiley:
Let's hope so mate

No way you play the Origin boys if you don't have to. Origin on Wednesday in Melbourne backing up to Friday night on the Gold Coast... Just not worth the risk.

Only one that's a maybe would be Angus if he only gets limited minutes off the bench on Wednesday night but otherwise, they should all get the weekend off.

We played well enough on Friday that we don't need to worry about rushing anyone back.

It's a long season after all and we're only at the half way mark.

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
No way you play the Origin boys if you don't have to. Origin on Wednesday in Melbourne backing up to Friday night on the Gold Coast... Just not worth the risk.

Only one that's a maybe would be Angus if he only gets limited minutes off the bench on Wednesday night but otherwise, they should all get the weekend off.

We played well enough on Friday that we don't need to worry about rushing anyone back.

I agree, it's time to take a leaf out of Melbourne's approach to Origin in recent years. The key is to get wins early in the season to earn the right to rest your Origin players to keep them as fresh as possible for the end of the year.
Melbourne have done it for the past few years and now Souths have done it this year.
Souths also have the advantage of a favourable draw over the next month or so - Titans, Eels, Cowboys (in Cairns), bye and Bulldogs - no game is a certainty but that could easily be another 10 points to just about guarantee a semi-finals spot by the middle of July.

callmack1

Staff member

Couldn't agree more mate, I think we should rest them too, especially GI.

ThingFish

Juniors
I agree, it's time to take a leaf out of Melbourne's approach to Origin in recent years. The key is to get wins early in the season to earn the right to rest your Origin players to keep them as fresh as possible for the end of the year.
Melbourne have done it for the past few years and now Souths have done it this year.
Souths also have the advantage of a favourable draw over the next month or so - Titans, Eels, Cowboys (in Cairns), bye and Bulldogs - no game is a certainty but that could easily be another 10 points to just about guarantee a semi-finals spot by the middle of July.
I also agree. With our draw, and the rep weekend, we really only need to rest players for Titans and Bulldogs. After SOO2 and the Denver Test weekend we have 8 day turnaround because we play Cowboys on a Sunday. We are not affected by SOO3 camp because we have the bye that weekend. Seibold being a Bellamy apprentice will prob rest players.

Out of interest, for those of you with Foxtel. Sebs and Cody will be on this Sundays Matty Johns show.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Team is

Rabbitohs: 1 Alex Johnston, 2 Campbell Graham, 3 Greg Inglis (c), 4 Dane Gagai, 5 Robert Jennings, 6 Cody Walker, 7 Adam Reynolds, 8 Thomas Burgess, 9 Damien Cook, 10 George Burgess, 11 John Sutton, 12 Angus Crichton, 13 Sam Burgess

Interchange: 14 Adam Doueihi, 15 Cameron Murray, 16 Jason Clark, 17 Tevita Tatola

Reserves: 18 Robbie Farah, 19 Hymel Hunt, 20 Mark Nicholls, 21 Tyrell Fuimaono, 22 Mawene Hiroti, 23 Dean Britt

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Moeaki Fotuaika, 17 Keegan Hipgrave

Reserves: 18 Jack Stockwell, 19 Bryce Cartwright, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Morgan Boyle

Rabbit toes

First Grade
As expected, all Origin players named, barring injury were at full strength.
Should put 20+ on the tits

Latest posts