What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 V Dogs

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why does everything come back to McInnes with you?
Not a big fan Jimmy?;)

Why so? Isn't it obvious? Along with the halves (and to a lesser extent, the fullback), a good rake provides any side its mojo.

Dare point out that on two occasions, Cook has been the main difference when the Dragons played Souths.

(He is one heliva good player, and all his previous clubs were mad for releasing him)

And it's not a question whether I'm a fan (or otherwise) regarding McIness. I just don't believe he's a significant upgrade to what the side used to have in the no. 9 jersey.

I find the hyperbole used in this forum towards him vexing, amusing and unjustified at times. McInnes isn't terrible, just a little vanilla for my liking.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think the trouble is more we lose what the game is about when the rules are subject to interpretation. No rules, no game.

Interpretation leads to inconsistency and allows for pressure from players, coaches, fans, reporters to influence the way some teams are refereed differently to others.

I'm all for putting up with a bit of pain through increased penalties if thats what it takes to ensure the rules are applied objectively as the rule is written. It wont take long for things to improve.

Why allow walking off the mark, second efforts after held is called, voluntary tackles, markers not square, defenders moving early etc.?

Why the preoccupation with speeding up the game to extent that fatigue is almost eradicated? Why the assumption that fans only want to see tries? Some of the best games I ever saw where actually low scoring, close, tough and nail biting.

Well put Carlton

Latest posts