What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think that the results this series are less important than starting to turn around the putrid culture within the Blues squad that underpins the continual underperforming. I’m sure Latrell could come in and dominate a couple games. Same with Walker. They’re not going to change the longer term performance markers we see from the side.

Picking a guy like Turbo as captain, a guy like Edwards as fullback, guys like McInnes all helps establish work ethic, heart and drive as the key elements of being a Blue. Guys like Latrell need to know if they get brought into camp they’re just a cog in the machine and will need to bleed for their state. That’s what Walsh walks into for the Maroons despite also being a self involved twat.

I think the response to having a twat sent off was pretty encouraging. They didn’t embarrass themselves and had the best of most of that game. Responding ferociously in game 2 is key but I am all for getting defence and desperation first guys into roles as a marker in the sand. People bagged Martin for missing the tackle on Hunt while he was playing with a ligament injury but he is exactly the type of guy the Blues need right now, will bury himself to give his state a chance, despite not being at his best right now.
Picking Jake was a mistake and it was just sad to see him out there

I think that the results this series are less important than starting to turn around the putrid culture within the Blues squad that underpins the continual underperforming. I’m sure Latrell could come in and dominate a couple games. Same with Walker. They’re not going to change the longer term performance markers we see from the side.

Picking a guy like Turbo as captain, a guy like Edwards as fullback, guys like McInnes all helps establish work ethic, heart and drive as the key elements of being a Blue. Guys like Latrell need to know if they get brought into camp they’re just a cog in the machine and will need to bleed for their state. That’s what Walsh walks into for the Maroons despite also being a self involved twat.

I think the response to having a twat sent off was pretty encouraging. They didn’t embarrass themselves and had the best of most of that game. Responding ferociously in game 2 is key but I am all for getting defence and desperation first guys into roles as a marker in the sand. People bagged Martin for missing the tackle on Hunt while he was playing with a ligament injury but he is exactly the type of guy the Blues need right now, will bury himself to give his state a chance, despite not being at his best right now.
If the final score remained 20-10, Qld would asking questions of themselves.
At one point Harry Grant was out on his feet, so show some fight and ticker of NSW.
The final score was due to fatigue.

Iamback

Coach
If the final score remained 20-10, Qld would asking questions of themselves.
At one point Harry Grant was out on his feet, so show some fight and ticker of NSW.
The final score was due to fatigue.

NSW picked a team of big guys but lacked flair. They could still be playing and wouldn't score

The Realist

Juniors
Jake is washed. I've met him a few times and love the bloke but he's done

That is what puzzled me the most with his selection full stop yet alone being made captain. He is a 'good' 1st grade player but he is no longer Rep level.

You might make a (weak) case for him being on the bench but having him start AND being made Captain is just insane.

WestyLife

First Grade
NSW picked a team of big guys but lacked flair. They could still be playing and wouldn't score

Hynes was suppose to cover that but his stat padding vs bad teams plus injuries got him selected. Cleary in the halves with Luai and points happen. Even Moses would've made something of that 40 minutes mid game nsw somehow dominated. Guy had 80 possessions stacks of field position and kicked to lomax once who was selected specifically to be kicked to.

Iamback

Coach
Hynes was suppose to cover that but his stat padding vs bad teams plus injuries got him selected. Cleary in the halves with Luai and points happen. Even Moses would've made something of that 40 minutes mid game nsw somehow dominated. Guy had 80 possessions stacks of field position and kicked to lomax once who was selected specifically to be kicked to.

Anyone who has watched any NRL knows you need a 3rd attacking option. NSW lacked that

WestyLife

First Grade
Anyone who has watched any NRL knows you need a 3rd attacking option. NSW lacked that

Should've been hynes, Luai and Tedesco but anyway it's gone way off topic from this game lol.

Just keen to see a game live again. Feels like forever.

age.s

First Grade
Hes made a few ok tackles. Has been stopped pretty comfortably in every single run I can remember seeing.

Still plenty of time and obviously comes from good stock (which is relevant) but he's a long long way off for mine.

WestyLife

First Grade
Hes made a few ok tackles. Has been stopped pretty comfortably in every single run I can remember seeing.

Still plenty of time and obviously comes from good stock (which is relevant) but he's a long long way off for mine.

I'll give him time. Don't think anyone expected him to be the full time centre this season. If he's rough next year I'll be more worried.