What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

Rocket Rod

Juniors
You know a troll when they join a forum and within 8 days have posted 65 times, all negative, including in opposition forums. Guarantee your account is closed down within a month.
Don’t worry about it he is just enjoying his day in the sun after all the panfers have been shit for so many years and now they are on top. They can only dream about the legends and glories that the dragons have produced.

Black Panther

Juniors
Don’t worry about it he is just enjoying his day in the sun after all the panfers have been shit for so many years and now they are on top. They can only dream about the legends and glories that the dragons have produced.
Dragons merged mate, have only been around since 98..

Crush

Coach
Anyone else feeling a bit flat about footy in general?
I think if someone told me before the season that by Origin we would be 6W 6L and 9th I’d be happy but I’m just feeling a bit meh.
I think it’s the way we play, we have 10 minute periods where we look great but then periods where we are just terrible.
I feel like we have no identity. What’s our strength? Defence? Attack? Resilience? Flair? Discipline? We are kinda nowhere in all aspects.
Anyway, feeling a bit mid season flat, maybe it’s the weather.

Illusion

Bench
I think if someone told me before the season that by Origin we would be 6W 6L and 9th I’d be happy but I’m just feeling a bit meh.
I think it’s the way we play, we have 10 minute periods where we look great but then periods where we are just terrible.
I feel like we have no identity. What’s our strength? Defence? Attack? Resilience? Flair? Discipline? We are kinda nowhere in all aspects.
"We are kinda nowhere" ...... right on Crush and what puts you down is , just cant see The team being a force with the players and coach we have ..... Its been 7 years of the same , so when Hook is flicked does it start all over again ?

justadragon

Bench
yep I'm feeling a bit the same way, more of a fatigue, and the constant pressure of not being confident in any game we play in. When was the last time we really hammered a side and you called it before it was played. Nowadays it's hope and prayers and fingers crossed that we can just get a win, just like the game against the dogs, we were all nervous and facing the reality that we dont beat those guys. Guess what they were the bottom of the ladder, coach had gone and had been hammered by most other sides, and here we are hoping for a win.

thebigredv

First Grade

The problem is the team will wear those 6 wins as a badge of honour where as good clubs would be fuming at letting games like Titans and Panthers slip away. When the going gets moderately tough we will be among the first to fold and slide right down the ladder. If we were actually building to something with Sullivan or pinched a decent prop from somewhere I'd have some hope this season may end differently.

Those 6 wins will keep us in the mix mathematically for a while and provide the same false hope for fans we see every year. Not I.

Call me a pessimist but it's all from experience.

Drewbrees

Juniors
Yep. Not just the Dragons mate, the game has lost it's soul.

SGMax

Juniors
Yes, its all about the corporate dollar.
Very disappointed that we aligning with betting agencies who are making gambling a social activity for the young generations.
Also, going to games is out of reach with most of the decent seats too expensive for a family to afford.
The only clubs that have a chance these days are the wealthy ones.
It may be good in the short term but in the long term, who will follow teams that are disadvantaged by Salary Cap rules and have no real chance at success.
I have had to work so hard to get my kids to follow the Dragons despite the numerous seasons of poor results.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The problem is the team will wear those 6 wins as a badge of honour where as good clubs would be fuming at letting games like Titans and Panthers slip away. When the going gets moderately tough we will be among the first to fold and slide right down the ladder. If we were actually building to something with Sullivan or pinched a decent prop from somewhere I'd have some hope this season may end differently.

Those 6 wins will keep us in the mix mathematically for a while and provide the same false hope for fans we see every year. Not I.

Call me a pessimist but it's all from experience.
Ok, you are a pessimist! 😁
I am a tiny bit upbeat because the Dragons are a couple of places higher on the ladder than I thought they would be, and I occasionally see glimpses of improvement in their play. Still inconsistent though, but enough to give me a small amount of hope. 🤞🤞. We won't win the comp, but they might keep improving.

Banger

Juniors
I watched the game last night (have to wait a day or so for it to be loaded to youtube over here)

I didn’t think we played as bad as the game thread suggested. Both teams played some good footy.

Anyway we’re definitely on the improve. So no, I’m not feeling flat. Quite the opposite.

Crush

Coach
I watched the game last night (have to wait a day or so for it to be loaded to youtube over here)

I didn’t think we played as bad as the game thread suggested. Both teams played some good footy.

Anyway we’re definitely on the improve. So no, I’m not feeling flat. Quite the opposite.
You OS mate? Which country?

George Sancti

Juniors
For what it may be worth Crush, we do have the best fan base and probably have done since 1921 !!

BLM01

First Grade
Yes, its all about the corporate dollar.
Very disappointed that we aligning with betting agencies who are making gambling a social activity for the young generations.
Also, going to games is out of reach with most of the decent seats too expensive for a family to afford.
The only clubs that have a chance these days are the wealthy ones.
It may be good in the short term but in the long term, who will follow teams that are disadvantaged by Salary Cap rules and have no real chance at success.
I have had to work so hard to get my kids to follow the Dragons despite the numerous seasons of poor results.
And the way it is being managed or mismanaged on the field and decision making stalled for entertainment.
They have even extended the areas where the clock does not wind down anymore in the last 5 minutes to make it exciting and give the teams a chance if in reach and taking time out to chin wag whenever they feel like it and stop play and over use bunker to give everyone a breather

Latest posts