What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Dragons

Alintheeast

Juniors
If you picked a player you own the decision and coaches like everyone else don’t like to admit mistakes especially in a media saturated environment. Ivan like the other elite coaches don’t make many non forced changes due to form except sending someone to reserve grade knowing you’ll bring them back in 2 weeks.

Iamback

Coach
Why wouldn’t you play Salmon at 6…..

Because he has been bulked up to play backrow.

Crichton finished the WC at 6.
Even though was fullback put the bomb up to level the scores in the WCC.

Not to mention a couple of great try assist from centre. The pass to To'o v Manly especially

BxTom

Bench
Because he has been bulked up to play backrow.

Crichton finished the WC at 6.
Even though was fullback put the bomb up to level the scores in the WCC.

Not to mention a couple of great try assist from centre. The pass to To'o v Manly especially

Turuva at fullback.

snickers007

Juniors
I'm firmly in the 'play NRL players in their natural position' camp, and gap fill with NSW Cup players.
Minimal disruption is the name of the game.

Having said that, Salmon did a good job last year playing 6, and if they're worried about Fall's defence - I'd be happy with 7 Cogger, 6 Salmon. Especially so if Tago is back from injury, you could run Peachey at 17.

Salmon is clearly our Mr Fix It option from the bench. He primarily plays back row for us because we haven't had too many injuries mid-game to outside backs or halves. But giving him a few games in the halves during this period keeps his skills up in real game scenarios, and is good insurance if the unthinkable happens later in the year.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Ivan's major obsession has always been smaller backrowers/utilities in the centres.

He even tried it in the 2020 GF.
He does, but less chance for them to do head high tackles. I think he is smart doing so. I'd love at least 2 tall Winger though.

This Year?

Immortal
It doesn't matter what 17 you name it's an easy win.
I'm dreading Sunday week already because if Panthers really want to get going it might get higher than the 66 the Tigers put on the Cowboys.

Iamback

Coach
I'm firmly in the 'play NRL players in their natural position' camp, and gap fill with NSW Cup players.
Minimal disruption is the name of the game.

Having said that, Salmon did a good job last year playing 6, and if they're worried about Fall's defence - I'd be happy with 7 Cogger, 6 Salmon. Especially so if Tago is back from injury, you could run Peachey at 17.

Salmon is clearly our Mr Fix It option from the bench. He primarily plays back row for us because we haven't had too many injuries mid-game to outside backs or halves. But giving him a few games in the halves during this period keeps his skills up in real game scenarios, and is good insurance if the unthinkable happens later in the year.

Salmon hasn't played a full 80 for a while, Souths game in particular he looked gassed at the end.

Not sure given the bulking up he was up to it at this stage

Bred not Bought

Juniors
It doesn't matter what 17 you name it's an easy win.
I'm dreading Sunday week already because if Panthers really want to get going it might get higher than the 66 the Tigers put on the Cowboys.

We will only rack up a score if your mob phone it in. We have struggled with attack this year against teams that put up a fight.
Out of 11 games we have only passed 20 points 3 times. Canberra, Manly, and the Roosters. who were all woeful.
We have bombed numerous scoring opportunities this year too.