1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 14 vs Eels

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Aug 6, 2020.

1. ALSGI

ALSGI Bench

Watched the whole game again this morning and I’ve got to say well done to the boys, great game by all. Not a bad game by anybody, yes a few mistakes were made but it was a gruelling game that would have taken it’s toll on players.

Our wingers were both awesome, Rava is only going to get better and is an intimidating beast with some xfactor as his confidence grows. JP is solid too.

Kicking was hugely improved by all.

Our Forwards were very good.

Even when we were behind the whole team kept at it and for the first time in a long time they not only came back but were able to close a game off.

Lomax is special. Calling it now, he’s going to be a Superstar. Still hoping Dufty will become one too.

Still can’t believe Sailor wasn’t injected, what a classic waste of the bench.

Wish Paul McGregor all the best, great player that I cheered for but he’s a terrible coach.

2. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Well said !

ALSGI and getsmarty like this.
  3. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

The team hasn't been that aimless last few weeks. There certainly was a time after resumption following shutdown they played absolutely shit football then something changed they won a few. Then came the period of starting well then fading and kissing that pissed me off. Then last night v Parra having no real size in the team they get a win. It might well be the coach or fitness but the Refs swing games and that's just how it goes.

4. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Well done I crashed at Randwick but I got our playboy at Caulfield $12

5. Banjo2014

Banjo2014 Juniors

To Matty Johns and Nathan Hindmarsh

You were right and I was wrong ....

Death riding my own team thank God you guys were right

Go the Mighty Ones

Gareth67 likes this.
  6. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

The Bunker has killed saints this season. If your reverse the Sharks game which was the biggest blunder, Saints are on 12 (2 points out of the 8) and Sharks 14. Instead Saints are 6 points out of the 8. Why, because the Bunker rushed his decision. With the Mahoney decision, I can see if they awarded or not it would have been controversial either way where as the Ellis try, that was clearly a try as he had full control. The Bunker said he rolled it onto his other arm. To do that you surely must have control of the ball. What a dud call.

Anyway, great effort by the Dragons they really made my week. What an excellent week it was for us fans losing Mary, Euan and winning against a top 4 side. Could not ask for more.

The defence of the Dragons was very impressive especially for the amount of ball Parra had in Saint's half. A team that had only lost 2 games before this one was held to just 2 tries.

All 17 deserve full praise (maybe 16 as poor Tristian did not get a run the poor kid).

McInnes at lock and Hunt at hooker surely is the way to go for the rest of the season at least. If they can offload Norman and have Tristian and 6 then the spine would be pretty good. Lets wait and see what the new coach has in store for us.

I hope we get to finish the season on a high even if they don't make the 8 because the bunker screwed the Saints against Sharks.

RedV Resurgence likes this.