What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

Kilkenny

Coach
I guess we have to wait and see how SOO pans out, how certain players pull up but I don’t see a lot of benefit playing our origin players against the Sharks.

Personally, I would show faith in the team without our SOO players and hope they can get the job done.

franklin2323

Immortal
I guess we have to wait and see how SOO pans out, how certain players pull up but I don’t see a lot of benefit playing our origin players against the Sharks.

Personally, I would show faith in the team without our SOO players and hope they can get the job done.

You follow the competition in this regard. Cook, Teddy, Tom Turbo, Munster etc have all been picked by much more experienced coaches at this then Ivan.

Kilkenny

Coach
You follow the competition in this regard. Cook, Teddy, Tom Turbo, Munster etc have all been picked by much more experienced coaches at this then Ivan.
Ivan’s a very experienced coach. He’s do dummy, he and his support staff know best I don’t really care what Bennett, psycho or Robinson do that is there choice.

Ivan and his support staff will know the best course of action and I’m happy to run with whatever they decide.

We didn’t get the performance or the result we were hoping for against the West Tigers but id be happy for the same group of players to get a shot at redemption. Obviously with Leota coming back in.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan’s a very experienced coach. He’s do dummy, he and his support staff know best I don’t really care what Bennett, psycho or Robinson do that is there choice.

Ivan and his support staff will know the best course of action and I’m happy to run with whatever they decide.

We didn’t get the performance or the result we were hoping for against the West Tigers but id be happy for the same group of players to get a shot at redemption. Obviously with Leota coming back in.
I don't think he is dummy but this is the new experience of having to juggle the Origin period.

I said elsewhere I think poor dummy half service was the main issue last week. So Api will help as will having more than 1 ball session.

You don't want to overuse the Origin guys. You also want to keep combinations etc. So alot is going by the feel.

Like how many games has our 1st choice spine played together this year. 4 games? So if the halves pull up well then I get the tempation to have them back up. You can give them most of next week off training or something

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think he is dummy but this is the new experience of having to juggle the Origin period.

I said elsewhere I think poor dummy half service was the main issue last week. So Api will help as will having more than 1 ball session.

You don't want to overuse the Origin guys. You also want to keep combinations etc. So alot is going by the feel.

Like how many games has our 1st choice spine played together this year. 4 games? So if the halves pull up well then I get the tempation to have them back up. You can give them most of next week off training or something
I haven’t watched a replay, Mitch and Tyrone have copped some flack, I tend to think we were sort of in the contest. The long range try from Dylan’s kick was a big play that didn’t help our cause, then two big calls against us and a Kikau dropped ball on the first, everything that could do wrong did. I’d just go with largely the same side and rest our SOO players.

Original Name

Juniors
Those in Origin haven't played for 11 Days now. Some won't be fine to play and that is fair enough but 1 game in 18 days before playing Roosters isn't ideal.
I underestimated how tough that Origin game was going to be. Soreness won't be as bad with QLD abandoning tackling. Barring injury it's just about coming down form that high and still getting yourself up for it emotionally now. At least Capewell will have no trouble, being hungry and ripping in after being on the side that got embarrased.

The experienced boys in Yeo, Cleary, Capewell will be sweet to do that. Question mark over the debutants who haven't done it before.
I haven’t watched a replay, Mitch and Tyrone have copped some flack, I tend to think we were sort of in the contest. The long range try from Dylan’s kick was a big play that didn’t help our cause, then two big calls against us and a Kikau dropped ball on the first, everything that could do wrong did. I’d just go with largely the same side and rest our SOO players.
The kick by Edwards was primarily Kenny's fault to pass him the ball on the 5th. He should have read the numbers and known a shortside play wasn't on with no overlap and the short side players looking alert. Edwards can kick but nobody was going to get it through there with two players packed so tightly besides each other.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I underestimated how tough that Origin game was going to be. Soreness won't be as bad with QLD abandoning tackling. Barring injury it's just about coming down form that high and still getting yourself up for it emotionally now. At least Capewell will have no trouble, being hungry and ripping in after being on the side that got embarrased.

The experienced boys in Yeo, Cleary, Capewell will be sweet to do that. Question mark over the debutants who haven't done it before.

The kick by Edwards was primarily Kenny's fault to pass him the ball on the 5th. He should have read the numbers and known a shortside play wasn't on with no overlap and the short side players looking alert. Edwards can kick but nobody was going to get it through there with two players packed so tightly besides each other.

Kenny didnt make him kick the ball though did he, he could've just not kicked it and got tackled, tried to pass it back the other way, he could've just thrown it over the sideline, all are much better plays than kicking it straight into someone when there is absolutley no chance its getting through. Kenny should not have gone that way but I daresay Edwards was calling for it.

WestyLife

First Grade
No chance Nathan plays with the face and Yeo, To'o should be rested based on their workload. Api obviously didn't play and Martin had not many minutes.

betcats

Referee
Luai with Burton in the halves. Martin into the starting and Capewell on the bench for a shorter than usual stint is my guess. I wouldnt be to suprised if Bizza backs up just cause he is a freak.

betcats

Referee

We were in it for sure our attack just did not put them under any pressure imo. No one in the spine played very well and guys like Kikau and Critta didnt really step up and take the pressure off anyone by doing more than they usually would. Kikau tried but hes just not getting it right at the moment, I dont like the way we are continually turning him inside, just give him early ball and let him run or use him as a decoy, those big inside runs never have any impact.

I was happy for our young guys though, Tago's minutes were limited but he looked good, almost broke a tackle to score. Lindsay Smith really handled his work well imo, defensively was stopping guys and slowing down play the balls he would not be out of place on our bench. Hopgood also played well they just didnt get enough out of the spine or the other regular starters besides Fish.

The Realist

Juniors
All the Panthers played very well last night, that was extremely pleasing. It seems as though the Panthers exuberance has rubbed off on NSW. Like every other Panther fan, I had my heart in mouth when Cleary got that nasty cut. My first thought was that he definitely won't be playing with that against the Sharks.

I am expecting Api & Martin to definitely back up on Friday with Luai also being a strong possibility. To'o and Yeo went through a mountain of work and deserve a rest. Capewell possibly on the bench. Add Leota and we will b e pretty close to full strength again even though Cleary is obviously a big out.

The main thing for us really is to get May & Kenny out of the spine and our forward rotation stronger.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai with Burton in the halves. Martin into the starting and Capewell on the bench for a shorter than usual stint is my guess. I wouldnt be to suprised if Bizza backs up just cause he is a freak.

I know people don't like him but that is where having a 14 like May comes in handy. You can play Capewell for shorter. If we are crusing can take Luai off and you don't need to mess with the forward rotations.

You'd think Martin would play didn't do much last night ( Not by choice )
If we can get Luai to play then look pretty good something like this:

Edwards
Staines
Mom
Crichton
Jennings
Luai
Burton
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Sorensen

May
Eisenhuth
Tago
Leinu

Anything more is just a bonus really.

Gives us enough to run our normal structures and get Kikau and Crichton decent ball this week

The_Frog

First Grade
Also the Brooks tackle on Edwards who looked certain to score.

The_Frog

First Grade
I know people don't like him but that is where having a 14 like May comes in handy. You can play Capewell for shorter. If we are crusing can take Luai off and you don't need to mess with the forward rotations.

You'd think Martin would play didn't do much last night ( Not by choice )
If we can get Luai to play then look pretty good something like this:

Edwards
Staines
Mom
Crichton
Jennings
Luai
Burton
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Sorensen

May
Eisenhuth
Tago
Leinu

Anything more is just a bonus really.

Gives us enough to run our normal structures and get Kikau and Crichton decent ball this week
I'd seriously consider playing Luai. Api a certainty, Martin very likely as well, not too sure about Capewell. To'o, Yeo and Cleary should be rested.

betcats

Referee
Cleary said today they are looking at each of them and seeing how they feel. Wouldnt be surprised if most back up he seemed to be leaning that way.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleary said today they are looking at each of them and seeing how they feel. Wouldnt be surprised if most back up he seemed to be leaning that way.

Fish played 66 mins last week
Kikau 80

If you are sure they can do the same then it limits the risk to letting them back up

Latest posts