What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

age.s

First Grade
Who is currently been learning how to play centre for the last run of games. That's the point. Drop him into the halves for his first full game there since the Storm with 6 first teamers out, don't be shocked when he struggles for a little bit.

Maybe. Or maybe tonight is just what you're going to get with him. Maybe it'll be worse at a basket case club with a pretender for a head coach and a powder puff forward pack.

unKwn

Juniors
Jennings made meters but his job becomes redundant as soon as To’o comes back in the side. He’s literally just filling in for To’o right now. We can’t have 2 wingers of the same mould in the team like last year with mansour, it’s not going to work. Jennings is slow, and afraid to jump, exactly like Mansour. Because of that sharks scored a try.

I don’t know if you guys remember but without Staines, Addo car would have scored against us back in Round 3 and we would be sitting with 3 losses, Melbourne only with 1

I thought we saw signs of the old Kikau tonight. Was hitting the line hard, involved himself as well. Could’ve had a couple of try’s and try assists. Would’ve liked to see him in our last couple of sets when they were shot and Burton was firing.
On his night, he can be the best player in the nrl in any given round. Its definitely in him, no question.

Girds89

Bench
He's not meant for that and never will be. He did show up in the middle a few times to try and help with a bit of passing. To say he should be dropped is stupid at best.

Wow, he showed up in the middle 3 times in 80 mins.

No one expects him to make 150m a game but he needs to be doing a hell of a lot more if he wants to keep his spot in fg.

Jennings has come in when we have been missing huge numbers and has looked very good. He doesnt possess the pace staines does but hes a top quality finisher which has been evident when playing for souths etc and hes no slouch

martielang

Bench
Jennings made meters but his job becomes redundant as soon as To’o comes back in the side. He’s literally just filling in for To’o right now. We can’t have 2 wingers of the same mould in the team like last year with mansour, it’s not going to work. Jennings is slow, and afraid to jump, exactly like Mansour. Because of that sharks scored a try.

I don’t know if you guys remember but without Staines, Addo car would have scored against us back in Round 3 and we would be sitting with 3 losses, Melbourne only with 1
Staines may just need a couple of weeks in reserves to get the fire back / not burn himself out. I don’t think Jennings is the long term option in front of him but Staines is certainly in a bit of a rut.

WestyLife

First Grade
Wow, he showed up in the middle 3 times in 80 mins.

No one expects him to make 150m a game but he needs to be doing a hell of a lot more if he wants to keep his spot in fg.

Jennings has come in when we have been missing huge numbers and has looked very good. He doesnt possess the pace staines does but hes a top quality finisher which has been evident when playing for souths etc and hes no slouch

Staines was playing on May's edge. What do you expect when the only carries he's getting are out of our end. We never once gave him good ball like Cleaey does because May isn't capable.

The Realist

Juniors
I thought we saw signs of the old Kikau tonight. Was hitting the line hard, involved himself as well. Could’ve had a couple of try’s and try assists. Would’ve liked to see him in our last couple of sets when they were shot and Burton was firing.

Cleary is mismanaging not only the roster selections but his rotations. Although Kikau made a bunch of brain dead plays - he'd have been very handy in the last 10 minutes. He is not an 80 minute player despite him being one in 19/20.

GongPanther

Referee
The continued complaining of Staines mystifies me.
The guy is not a Mansour/To'o type player.
He needs early ball in space so he can use his speed.
Using him as a battering ram is doomed to failure.
He is yet to fill out. He needs time to get were he is heading like all young players.

unKwn

Juniors
Cleary is mismanaging not only the roster selections but his rotations. Although Kikau made a bunch of brain dead plays - he'd have been very handy in the last 10 minutes. He is not an 80 minute player despite him being one in 19/20.
He went off injured I think

Vicpanther

Juniors
I can't be the only one that calls bullshit on kiks double movement? That call cost us the game.

That and a incredibly slow half that got out run by moylan.
Tago is going to be a star. Kiks needs a break something isn't right there and dyl seemed off to like he was sick or something.
All in all for a b gradish halves and some key players missing I think we done well in the second half.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's not meant for that and never will be. He did show up in the middle a few times to try and help with a bit of passing. To say he should be dropped is stupid at best.

We had no field position. That was a combination of things. Starting the sets were one.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Managed the roster fine chump. We are flying and just need to be fit and peaking in September

unKwn

Juniors
There is why he is. He wasn't good but forum favs like Staines and Burton's 1st half get passed off
I think everyone here can agree Burton’s first half was abysmal. Then again, just about everyone’s first half was.

Second half different story, he looked like one of the only players capable of bringing us back, better kicking game too. But absolutely brain dead play at the very end there.

Girds89

Bench
Staines was playing on May's edge. What do you expect when the only carries he's getting are out of our end. We never once gave him good ball like Cleaey does because May isn't capable.

Take of the blinkers mate.

No one is saying rennings is the long term option.

I just think staines could use some time in nsw cup to help his development.

Jennings has been very good so far and is a proven finisher at nrl level.

Everyone loves to compare staines to ado carr but hes nowhere near him yet. Ado carr makes effective tough carries and gets involved atleast 40% more than staines.

The reality is that the majority of the tries staines has scored this year any of our wingers could have because nath puts him in untouched.

He hasnt really scored anything brilliant which has been a solo effort.

Latest posts