What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

GongPanther

Referee
I hope Cleary cut loose and bagged the fook out every single player at 1/2 time, and if that is the case, it seemed to have worked.
And the players who were rested would have thrown some input towards the players during the break. Like I said in the main game forum, was unfortunate that we left it too late, but I'm happy it wasn't our for/against that took another beating.

There are more positives than negatives to take away from the past two games. And what we learn will be bottled for another time.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think everyone here can agree Burton’s first half was abysmal. Then again, just about everyone’s first half was.

Second half different story, he looked like one of the only players capable of bringing us back, better kicking game too. But absolutely brain dead play at the very end there.
Thankifully it improved it was the basics

age.s

First Grade
I can't be the only one that calls bullshit on kiks double movement? That call cost us the game.
He very clearly promoted the ball after it hit the ground, but I'm pretty sure momentum takes him over anyway. I would have liked to see a common sense call but apparently those only happen in Origin when one team is up by 30.

Brain snap from Kiks though. Promoting the ball when that close to the line is never going to work out for you.

unKwn

Juniors
He very clearly promoted the ball after it hit the ground, but I'm pretty sure momentum takes him over anyway. I would have liked to see a common sense call but apparently those only happen in Origin when one team is up by 30.

Brain snap from Kiks though. Promoting the ball when that close to the line is never going to work out for you.
Might be my bias but I swear there were no cronulla hands on him, they all fell off the tackle. He had every right to promote the ball

You guys would have slaughtered us again if you had your full side. That about sums the game up.
I want to give your young fellas, Cleary, Luai and To'o a massive wrap, they were mobbed by all the young Sharks supporters and stopped, chatted and took pics with all of them. A real credit to your club, kudos.

unKwn

Juniors
It’s not just this forum criticising May, it’s the commentstors, it’s Brandy, it’s just about every person watching that game. He’s simply just too slow with engaging the line

franklin2323

Immortal
Burton has played 120mins of bad footy in his short career, the rest has been f**king outstanding

Alot of that is playing outside Luai. The games he has been half have been meh.

It isn't just taking the wrong option. Take our 1st set after halftime we get it to the halfway. He puts up some stupid bomb and Sharks take it on their 40.

Straight away we are under pressure. Pretty much followed the 1st half script.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Alot of that is playing outside Luai. The games he has been half have been meh.

It isn't just taking the wrong option. Take our 1st set after halftime we get it to the halfway. He puts up some stupid bomb and Sharks take it on their 40.

Straight away we are under pressure. Pretty much followed the 1st half script.
He'd be even better with Nathan but we've never seen it

The_Frog

First Grade
May looked infinitely better when he actually took on the line like his normal play style, instead of doing the worlds worst impersonation of Cleary’s attacking style. merkin was in slow motion every time he touched the ball. Difference between him and Cleary is that Cleary makes everything seem like slow motion because of how dangerous of a runner he is, May poses ZERO threat to the line it’s not even funny
Gus is right. He's not a half. A bit better in the second half but still not a half. Bulked up to play in the forwards and is now desperately slow.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep May is only being criticised because of the tapes. Nothing to do with stealing a pay check because nepotism.

Was he alone in stealing a pay check?
Was it his fault he was picked at 7?

Fish had 42 run metres in the 1st half. Burton prob 2/10 the 1st half.
Staines is ave 80m a game. 2nd week in a row he was no where to be seen on a long range try on his side

The Realist

Juniors

He has too many in him for me to be comfortable with him playing for us. Absolute physical specimen and weapon when he is on, but needs to work on his game IQ.

The Realist

Juniors
Might be my bias but I swear there were no cronulla hands on him, they all fell off the tackle. He had every right to promote the ball

As long as his arm carrying ball is on the ground, one Cronulla player has to basically have a finger on him and it will be constituted a tackle. That finger could even be on his ankle or feet and it wouldn't matter.

Munted

Bench
He has too many in him for me to be comfortable with him playing for us. Absolute physical specimen and weapon when he is on, but needs to work on his game IQ.
Shades of Tony Williams.
Beast on his day, but regular brain farts.
Eg:taking out the Sharks attacker during the bomb, first half. Gave away 2 points and the Sharks continued their momentum from the next kick off and never gave us a sniff in the first 40.
So many dumb players in the NRL.