What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

WestyLife

First Grade
We have had an amazing 18 months that no one in their right mind would of predicted.

Yet after 2 losses, with our young side decimated by Origin selections, you want to use that to lay crap of the coach, and bag our certain players.

Can’t you just acknowledge the great job done by Ivan and the coaching and high performance staff to get us into this position, and look forward to getting our best players back and continuing on with our great season?

Also notice you got nothing to f**king say to those actually calling for players to be dropped.

Crashtest

Juniors
Also notice you got nothing to f**king say to those actually calling for players to be dropped.
There will always be differences in opinion on players. I work 60 hours a week so don’t have the time to argue with every post on a player I disagree with.

And I actually agree with most of what you say on here. It just amazes me though, after all the success we have had in the last 18 months, that Cleary haters want to use losing 2 games with us missing our best origin players to bag out the coach.

Even commentators and so called experts who are far from Panthers supporters are saying that NSW had success on Wednesday because they played the Panthers style of football. But some of our own fans can’t acknowledge the good work done by our coach to get us into this position by getting the best out of our young roster.

WestyLife

First Grade
There will always be differences in opinion on players. I work 60 hours a week so don’t have the time to argue with every post on a player I disagree with.

And I actually agree with most of what you say on here. It just amazes me though, after all the success we have had in the last 18 months, that Cleary haters want to use losing 2 games with us missing our best origin players to bag out the coach.

Even commentators and so called experts who are far from Panthers supporters are saying that NSW had success on Wednesday because they played the Panthers style of football. But some of our own fans can’t acknowledge the good work done by our coach to get us into this position by getting the best out of our young roster.

I can happily acknowledge the good done but my honest opinion is that mistakes were made and these losses show Ivan isn't on the level of the top coaches yet. I even said the other day the losses will be a good learning experience for the club.

franklin2323

Immortal

We knew Origin was coming. After how many were in the squad you could plan. To'o was a shock but Crichton was in last year. So 5 was a safe bet to plan for

Nothing was done different. It was same structure and style we have played for 18 months.

No idea why you pick a 7 and don't have him kick. The 2 weeks were the same so it has to be tactics... if not why not pick someone else there.

Even last year. Removing Naden from centre wasn't an issue. The issue was with no lower grades. Whare or Burton should of had a game or 2 under their belts just incase. Use of the bench was poor

Ivan said post game he planned when the draw came out the decision was made no Origin guys to back up. So why name them on Tuesday? It left no flexibility if May or Burton didn't train well or anything. If Burton copped a head knock there was no 2nd kicker. Poor planning.

Alot of the good that happens under Ivan is due to his hand being forced. Moylan told to go only injury got him a NRL start.

Even this year. Burton doesn't play centre if Momo doesn't get suspended. In this game too Tago only comes on due to Momo's HIA.

Take Leinu. Whether he needed to be dropped is debateable. But when the decision was made to drop him then knowing Round 10 NSW Cup had the bye. You still drop him having him drop out of the bubble.

Round 11 and 12 NSW Cup played before NRL you could of dropped him. Gave Burton/May a game down there if that is the plan.

Give Wallace ( An NRL assistant) orders to work with them for a game plan for Last 2 games. Leaving the head coaches free to concentrate on the games at hand. Bennett often has assistants take over for such stuff

Just some reasons while like Ricky and Paul Green that Ivan will never be elite.

BxTom

Bench
I noticed you had nothing to say when you got it completely wrong what I said yesterday. Waiting to stick the boot in eh.

There's no exaggeration. People are calling for Staines to be dropped. A sentiment usually shot down here a disrespectful to Panthers players. Yet May gets a free pass. If he couldn't do the job he shouldn't be there.
I'm not calling for him to be dropped. His current centre is another matter. Staines isn't setting the world alight, but he is going reasonable for a 15-16? game novice. You are so conceited now that you assume that you are right beyond doubt and people answer to you? Get over yourself bud.

BxTom

Bench
He hasn't taken a half chance all year, he just gets taken out with a wimper. Every try he's scored he was odds on favourite to score. So what the f**k else does he offer? Momo's miss was gross and the worst mistake we had last night, Staines miss on the same play was the second worst.
He went alright with Crichton, but Crichton heads in and draws the defnse in too, giving his winger spcae. Momo heads out wide and only passes the ball when he's out of space.

The_Frog

First Grade
I noticed you had nothing to say when you got it completely wrong what I said yesterday. Waiting to stick the boot in eh.

There's no exaggeration. People are calling for Staines to be dropped. A sentiment usually shot down here a disrespectful to Panthers players. Yet May gets a free pass. If he couldn't do the job he shouldn't be there.
I don't think May has got anything near a free pass. His shortcomings have been acknowledged far and wide. To do away with all the hysteria, there is no way either will be dropped.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm not calling for him to be dropped. His current centre is another matter. Staines isn't setting the world alight, but he is going reasonable for a 15-16? game novice. You are so conceited now that you assume that you are right beyond doubt and people answer to you? Get over yourself bud.

Never said anyone answers to me. That's twice you've lied about me.

Last edited:
Probably. Hopefully with Brandy commenting on it May now is no more than utility at the very least.

We need a better plan if Cleary gets injured, can’t be going back to May. Obviously Luai & Burton could play in the halves, but then there’s the question of who plays on the right.

WestyLife

First Grade
We need a better plan if Cleary gets injured, can’t be going back to May. Obviously Luai & Burton could play in the halves, but then there’s the question of who plays on the right.

Now that they've run May through origin I don't think you can use a guy like Falls since he'll have no game time. It'd have to be Luai stepping up unless I've missed something.

WestyLife

First Grade

Also hope that wasn't too mean. I've been so bloody sick all week my chest is stuffed. Worn a mask since last Sunday and haven't hugged my kids. Now Panthers lose so I'm kinda grumpy.

franklin2323

Immortal

This where Ivan falls down. Doesn't look at these things this was perfect time to come up with Plan B, Plan C etc.

If this is the fallback for if injuries. We are just making up numbers

franklin2323

Immortal
Now that they've run May through origin I don't think you can use a guy like Falls since he'll have no game time. It'd have to be Luai stepping up unless I've missed something.

I asked him at oztag. He said no cap space for him to debut and he is too far behind development wise anyway.

No reason Salmon could of got a run. Would of offered a 2nd kicking option

Original Name

Juniors
Just wanted to point out how good was Hopgood's ruck control. Slowed down play the balls without laying on too long like an experienced middle forward. Usually rookies have a habitat of releasing too quick like say Leniu and Hetherington were doing last year but Hop'good looks so smart on the field compared to the average rookie prop. He gave a 6 again and instead of panicking and releasing because of the ref's shout he wrestled the dude flat onto his back. You want to continue motion in the ruck to fool people into thinking the tackle's fine to keep going. Instead of laying still on top of somebody you want to always keep moving. Not a big passer but sometimes he'll fake passing with confidence to sell, smart of to think like that trying to put the defence in two minds. One thing Freddy teaches his players do is run with the ball out in two hands to make the defence hesitate more and he does stuff like that naturally.

He's got some footy smarts to him that kid. Doesn't need to learn the ropes and subtleties of playing prop, he knows the game well enough already. Think he could do the role Yeo does for us in the future.

Last edited:

Latest posts