What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

Kilkenny

Coach
Clearly there is more with Naden that what has been revealed.
That may well be true Jane, but it doesn’t alter the fact Brent Naden is twice the player Paul Momorovski is.

It really is a mute point because clearly Naden has no way back into our top 17 and he is in the outer big time.

He made a huge mistake, he is paying for it but sadly we are paying for it too because he just offers more in all facets of the game than the player who has been selected in front of him.

DinkyDi

Juniors
That may well be true Jane, but it doesn’t alter the fact Brent Naden is twice the player Paul Momorovski is.

It really is a mute point because clearly Naden has no way back into our top 17 and he is in the outer big time.

He made a huge mistake, he is paying for it but sadly we are paying for it too because he just offers more in all facets of the game than the player who has been selected in front of him.
Rubbish we are. It appears that Naden is only interested in himself. Good riddance I say.

Kilkenny

Coach
Rubbish we are. It appears that Naden is only interested in himself. Good riddance I say.
Jane, your suggestions Brent Naden is only interested in himself is an insult.

I am fortunate in so much as I have the free time and opportunity to watch our NSW Cup side.

I wasn’t able to see our game against Newtown yesterday but have watched Brent Naden in action half a dozen times this year and he hasn’t turned his toes up, not kicking stones, last week against the Magpies tried his heart out.

If you are going to put yourself out there and express an opinion that this kid is only interested in himself then perhaps you would benefit from watching NSW cup games live. You have denigrated this kid and frankly he deserves better, he is a great kid, not perfect but an indigenous kid to clawed his way into the NRL against adversity. Panthers junior, released by Gus for a minor indiscretion, Mounties, Knights back to the Panthers and earns an NRL debut. great story, makes every post a winner before his well documented stuff up.

It is sad the way you feel, it was a great story and he is very talented. An indigenous kid who made a mistake and is now an outcast. Yep good riddence we are better of without him even if he may be a better player than some be selected in front of him.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Jane, your suggestions Brent Naden is only interested in himself is an insult.

I am fortunate in so much as I have the free time and opportunity to watch our NSW Cup side.

I wasn’t able to see our game against Newtown yesterday but have watched Brent Naden in action half a dozen times this year and he hasn’t turned his toes up, not kicking stones, last week against the Magpies tried his heart out.

If you are going to put yourself out there and express an opinion that this kid is only interested in himself then perhaps you would benefit from watching NSW cup games live. You have denigrated this kid and frankly he deserves better, he is a great kid, not perfect but an indigenous kid to clawed his way into the NRL against adversity. Panthers junior, released by Gus for a minor indiscretion, Mounties, Knights back to the Panthers and earns an NRL debut. great story, makes every post a winner before his well documented stuff up.

It is sad the way you feel, it was a great story and he is very talented. An indigenous kid who made a mistake and is now an outcast. Yep good riddence we are better of without him even if he may be a better player than some be selected in front of him.
I am trying to get rid of that name, so I can start afresh, and because I was unable to access this site on my OLD user name. Naden is aged 25, he is not a kid.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am trying to get rid of that name, so I can start afresh, and because I was unable to access this site on my OLD user name. Naden is aged 25, he is not a kid.
Naden is an indigenous kid (albeit mature age) who got to the the NRL the hard way we should not lose sight of that regardless of the mistakes he may have made along the way. Flawed yes, but don’t ever question his determination in the face of adversity. He overcame a lot, not least by being released by Gus, despite which he somehow returned to our club to debut. He did really well IMO until being dropped in the lead up to the GF for Tyrone May. It’s history now and no way back for him with us so I so hope his fortunes change under Trent Barrett.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Naden is an indigenous kid (albeit mature age) who got to the the NRL the hard way we should not lose sight of that regardless of the mistakes he may have made along the way. Flawed yes, but don’t ever question his determination in the face of adversity. He overcame a lot, not least by being released by Gus, despite which he somehow returned to our club to debut. He did really well IMO until being dropped in the lead up to the GF for Tyrone May. It’s history now and no way back for him with us so I so hope his fortunes change under Trent Barrett.
At the age of 25, Naden can drink, smoke, vote, enlist, etc. Again he is not a "kid". He stuffed up by taking illicit drugs before the grand final, so it is fault that he is in the situation he is in. Also, he was let go by three clubs, including the Panthers, before he was forgiven and allowed back in. He stuffed up his second chance with us.

Kilkenny

Coach
At the age of 25, Naden can drink, smoke, vote, enlist, etc. Again he is not a "kid". He stuffed up by taking illicit drugs before the grand final, so it is fault that he is in the situation he is in. Also, he was let go by three clubs, including the Panthers, before he was forgiven and allowed back in. He stuffed up his second chance with us.
You are being very harsh, given you are not aware of his circumstances.

Sadly, you are also missing the point around him fighting his way back from adversity to realise his dream.

He wasn’t let go by three clubs just couldn’t quite realise his dream. Was named on the bench with the Knights on more than one occasion.

Unlike you, I think the Naden story is for the most part a positive one, it’s not easy for an indigenous kid from Wellington to achieve from Brent has. I was at Lidcombe Oval a week or two back and to see him embrace Daine Laurie post game says a lot about his character.

He stuffed up I guess, so let’s just f**k him up even if he could just be a better option than we currently have.

DinkyDi

Juniors
You are being very harsh, given you are not aware of his circumstances.

Sadly, you are also missing the point around him fighting his way back from adversity to realise his dream.

He wasn’t let go by three clubs just couldn’t quite realise his dream. Was named on the bench with the Knights on more than one occasion.

Unlike you, I think the Naden story is for the most part a positive one, it’s not easy for an indigenous kid from Wellington to achieve from Brent has. I was at Lidcombe Oval a week or two back and to see him embrace Daine Laurie post game says a lot about his character.

He stuffed up I guess, so let’s just f**k him up even if he could just be a better option than we currently have.
I detest drugs with a passion. We all have adversity in our lives, Naden will be paid more than the average person. With his huge pay cheque comes responsibilities, and he failed that. I find it a tad convenient that he played the mental health card, after his positive drug result.

franklin2323

Immortal
We also don't need that from him. Yes he needs to offer more in attack but hes not in the side to make meters

Comparision to JAC is very spot on.

His numbers today:

78m. 1 try. 1 assist. 0 missed tackles. 3 Tackle breaks 0 errors.

You can handle the less metres if the rest is there. Atm you are getting poor metres. Missed tackles and errors

Kilkenny

Coach
I detest drugs with a passion. We all have adversity in our lives, Naden will be paid more than the average person. With his huge pay cheque comes responsibilities, and he failed that. I find it a tad convenient that he played the mental health card, after his positive drug result.
Brent doesn’t enjoy a huge pay cheque, not in NRL standards anyway.

His pay cheque is modest, albeit probably more than you and I or most on here on this forum.

No one on here condones the use of so called recreational drugs because if nothing else there use supports organised crime and all the downsides that emanate from that.

We all make mistakes in life, Brent made a huge one, he has been punished for it, I just don’t see why we should punish ourselves as a team by playing a player who frankly is vastly inferior to Brent Naden.

Original Name

Juniors

Maybe Naden has worse defence at centre than Momo, he did come up with some reason bad reads towards the backend of last season. But regardless in no universe is Naden a worse winger than Jennings.

Naden came back from his suspension played well for two weeks but with a injuries in the backline of the first grade squad he still wasn't in the 21. The writing was on the wall it wasn't about his football ability so he signed with the Dogs.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
Brent doesn’t enjoy a huge pay cheque, not in NRL standards anyway.

His pay cheque is modest, albeit probably more than you and I or most on here on this forum.

No one on here condones the use of so called recreational drugs because if nothing else there use supports organised crime and all the downsides that emanate from that.

We all make mistakes in life, Brent made a huge one, he has been punished for it, I just don’t see why we should punish ourselves as a team by playing a player who frankly is vastly inferior to Brent Naden.
Exactly. Yes we all do make mistakes in our lives, however, with every action there are consequences, and Naden is facing them right now. I do not have sympathy for him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe Naden has worse defense at centre. Based on that it's arguable Momo is better. But regardless in no universe is Jennings a better winger than Jennings.
Naden was fine up until the final against the Roosters and on the back that game he was inexplicably dumped for Tyrone May. It back fired, that is irrefutable, whether you like it or not.

Whether Robert Jennings is a better winger than Charlie Staines is subject to debate, but frankly if I was picking our side right now then Jennings would be in front of Staines.

I have nothing personal againgst Paul Momorovski but if you want my opinion he is a lesser version of Dean Whare. Dean at his best offered more in both attack and defence.

If we are serious about contending for a Premiership well we simply aren't going to win one with Momorovski as one of our centres and that is just being realistic.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Comparision to JAC is very spot on.

His numbers today:

78m. 1 try. 1 assist. 0 missed tackles. 3 Tackle breaks 0 errors.

You can handle the less metres if the rest is there. Atm you are getting poor metres. Missed tackles and errors
His defence was outstanding to start the year, shutting down players much bugger than him time and time again. He's going ok and in our top 17 without doubt

Kilkenny

Coach
Exactly. Yes we all do make mistakes in our lives, however, with every action there are consequences, and Naden is facing them right now. I do not have sympathy for him.
Fair play to you Jane. I find it rather sad you have no compassion, just me I guess, and I am anti drug like you, but at the same time forgiveness is a wonderful thing.

franklin2323

Immortal
His defence was outstanding to start the year, shutting down players much bugger than him time and time again. He's going ok and in our top 17 without doubt

Going ok but could be better. That is where we sit now clearly the 6 SOO guys will improve the side but if you want to keep evolving as a side then need to get guys improving.

Right now with certain guys like Tago etc inform to drop a few guys to touch up some things. Exactly like with Leinu

betcats

Referee
Resting all those players was so dumb. May and burton halves pairing should never have run out. Tago should be taking Mays spot on the bench, he should jump Momo in the centre pecking order. I’m over May abd momo they don’t offer enough. May has been bog average all year.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Fair play to you Jane. I find it rather sad you have no compassion, just me I guess, and I am anti drug like you, but at the same time forgiveness is a wonderful thing.
Do not call me that. I am trying to start a fresh. I actually do have compassion. I, personally, has seen the affects that illicit drug use has on a family. For every action, there are consequences. Naden knew what he was doing was wrong.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Naden should have been sacked on the spot. Drugs are fun and have a place but not the day before the final. Totally disrespected the club and more importantly his teammates.

P.s yes he is a better player than Momirovski but that's not the point

hindy111

Post Whore
So many NRL players would sniff a few lines of coke. I do not see a huge deal. But if it was the night before the grand final then yes I do see a big deal. It's selfish and unprofessional.

Anyhows as far as this season goes after seeing Tago he would be my centre if Burton or Crichton where out.
Naden could push Staines out but is he better?