What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs. Tigers Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Monday 17th of June 2013
Suncorp Stadium
7:00pm

Official Line Up
BRONCOS TEAM TO PLAY TIGERS
Monday June 17, 7pm at Suncorp Stadium
1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker
Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 David Hala
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Jarrod Wallace
18 Dunamis Lui
Coach Anthony Griffin

Big Pete

Referee
Would like to announce that the LU Broncos PotY votes will be made public later in the week. GTB sent me some of the results a month or so ago and I finally have the time to do my part.

All I can say is, we have to win and that better not be the team that shows up on Monday.

Dazzat

First Grade
Two things that just don't make any sense with that side picked.

Persisting with Thaiday playing at prop - bad for the team; bad for Sam.

Persisting with Alex Glenn in the starting line-up. He's obviously not fit, and needs to be rested, or start from the bench at the very least.

Tera

Juniors
Gillett has the most missed tackles in the NRL. Alex Glenn has the 5th most in the NRL.

As a club we have by FAR the most missed tackles with 415. Cowboys are second with 369.

I don't care if we lose this game as long as we tighten up our absolutely horrid defence. It's embarrassing.

DeeJ

Bench
Persisting with Alex Glenn in the starting line-up. He's obviously not fit, and needs to be rested, or start from the bench at the very least.

Griffin will never move his favoured son, Glenn. I agree it would be better having him come off the bench with Gillett and Thaiday starting in the backrow (both have alot of impact).

It's also upsetting to see the Ben Hunt experiment has already expired.

H-Bomb

Juniors
First time poster. Joined up on an emotional whim, just to have somewhere to vent my frustrations, as being surrounded by Rugby fans no one can really empathise with me.

Anyway big broncos fan, super frustrated broncos fan.

I thought Hannant was back this week?

Dazzat

First Grade
Thaiday's looking busted, and with two games of Origin to go where has Hook's philosophy of nursing Origin players gone?

unbreaK

Juniors
Hannant wouldn't miss monday nights game for the world, wait.. don't we announce our origin squad on Monday? or is it Tuesday..

H-Bomb

Juniors
Heard a faint rumour of Kahu being in doubt?
Whitchurch ahead of Maranta these days in selection?

Big Pete

Referee
Fractured his thumb according to one rumour.

Update on votes, will hold off until next week so I can include the Tigers in the mix. Will try and do 5 a day.

Leaguefan22

Juniors
Should Thaiday even be playing first grade at the moment, let alone being captain.

Whenever we are under pressure and need a big hit up look for Thaiday to be walking back to the play with his hands on his head. What an inspiration.

Big Pete

Referee
Seriously, if I see the boys waddle out like a bunch of shot ducks like they've been doing for the past 3 weeks I'm just going to make it background noise. Chances are, they'll still win but honestly the lack of pride and unity is just bringing me down.

Forward pack is a bunch of glass cannons. Can make metres fine and dandy but wilt in defence. They're capable of so much better but they seem to have zero motivation out there.

Thaiday needs to lead from the front. I don't care if he bends the rules a little bit, he needs to make an impact out there, lay on a big hit and run it up at full gusto. I'm sick of him trying to play for a quick play the ball or run at the markers, just run hard son!

Last year's LU player of the year, Polar Bear should hopefully give us some more thrust up the middle. He's certainly going to have to start justifying his pay cheque.

Dazzat

First Grade
These players are human Pete. If you give them a dirty big contract, job security and lots of perks, guess what? They will start to relax and look for short cuts.

Not seeing Hook's coaching technique close hand, unless he's showing some steely discipline, then I can't seen his generous commitment to out-of-form players paying off.

Let's face it - Thaiday, McCullough, Glenn and Wallace all need a bomb at the moment, and at most other clubs would have been dropped by now.

AceAv

Juniors
Who cares who they use! Plenty of young guns gagging for the spot. Its not about that....

Lol at the thaiday comment "leading the team with his walks back onside with his hands on his head"

Would be hilarious if it wasnt so sad...

Tigz by 2

Big Pete

Referee
Hook deserves some blame too, no question. We're still rocking the gameplan we've been using since 2005! That in of itself is ridiculous.

However, there are players who simply aren't digging in and are capable of so much better. Top of the pile is Thaiday.

austyphoon

Juniors
I was watching the Penrith/Canberra game last night and in particular the Panthers young FB Moylan. The guy has played what, 5 to 6 games, and he was supporting the ball runner 2-3 times a set. He was able to receive an offload or two and make some half breaks. I just don't see that from Norman or any other player in fact.

A guy with no experience in top grade knows the basics and our whole team doesn't. It's a worry!

Latest posts