What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

Devilous

Juniors
So after a couple of disappointing weeks I think this is the real start of our season.

The last 10 rounds we play our 4 big rivals (Storm, Eels, Roosters and Souths) 6 times.

Quite a few teams this weekend who were affected by origin managed to win but at stages looked quite clunky in attack but their defence held on and most came away with easy wins.

I only have a few things to take away from the two matches so far: JFH is a machine, Tago looks good and May isn't a halfback.

If the Origin guys come in and pick up where we left off ¾ weeks ago, the losses don't really matter too much.

But if the past couple of weeks performances bleed into this week there might be a few questions raised.

Won't really know until we run out on Friday but I suspect the Origin boys will be ready to rip in! Nothing better than a bit of cooked chook to start the weekend!

franklin2323

Immortal
I think a lot of people on this site are being overally negative, Sure the last two weeks haven't been great but I am confident that we will be firing when the finals come around. Resting our origin players was clearly the right thing to do. I watched the Roosters yesterday and even when they were leading 30-4 I said to my mate we will beat them by 20 next week

Too soon to say if it was the right call until we see where we finish.

franklin2323

Immortal
The two losses were great for us. Really showed where we need to be better and that does include never playing May in the halves again. Took balls to rest our stars especially after the Tigers loss, well done Ivan

If it costs us top 2 it was a poor call. You'd take the losses if we ran with new halves but we literally achieved nothing new as far as players go

franklin2323

Immortal
As for Tago. Should be in the 17 exactly where doesn't matter. Kikau is out for a month apparently. So edge 2nd rower off the bench suits him now

WestyLife

First Grade
As for Tago. Should be in the 17 exactly where doesn't matter. Kikau is out for a month apparently. So edge 2nd rower off the bench suits him now

Might be what Kikau needs. He's been a bit hit and miss. Shane it's through injury though.

Smug Panther

First Grade
That was never in doubt. Last year we came undone because Naden was dropped and no one ready to go. We are an injury to Cleary from going out in straight sets.
While it would have been good to look at Falls, Nathan is the world's best half and can't be replaced

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
giphy.gif
At least we're not being negative anymore

The Realist

Juniors
If you had your way Katoa would still be our hooker. That says everything about your knowledge of the sport and our footy team

You can't be too harsh here. Katoa with the right coach and a fitness regime away from being very good. He showed glimpses of it with us. Looks like he just can't turn the corner with consistency and fitness.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
This will add extra motivation for the Roosters on Friday night.

Sydney Roosters favourite Boyd Cordner is set to announce his retirement from rugby league with two years remaining on his contract due to the lasting effects of repeated concussions.
The Kangaroos and NSW Blues skipper made the decision based on medical advice after undergoing recent tests in a bid to return to the game which he has been sidelined from since 2020's State of Origin series last November.
The Roosters had initially been planning a Round 14 comeback this year, which has now been abandoned.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F6ab02d85-8358-4061-9ceb-bd2c549278d4
Boyd Cordner. (Getty)

His retirement is expected to be officially announced at a press conference at the Sydney Cricket Ground tomorrow morning.
Cordner's medical retirement has been cleared by the NRL, according to the Daily Telegraph. The Roosters will now have an extra $700,000 in their salary cap to cover for his position.

Last year, NRL guru Phil Gould expressed grave fears for Cordner's wellbeing considering the ease at which the forward was finding himself concussed.

Last edited:

Kev07

Juniors
Hearing Tyrone May might be retiring due to not being able to fully recover from his ACL injury he suffered previously.

The_Frog

First Grade
This is a side who blew a 26 point lead in 17 minutes against a team outside the 8, before getting the result at the death. They will have Tedesco back and he'll have to be watched but I feel he isn't quite the threat he once was. Walker and Suaali are boom kids but surely they should be targeted by bigger and stronger men. Ivan should adopt a Trent Robinson practice and make this a "statement" game.