What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

luv my panfas

Juniors
The marker try was terrible by fish and yeo and edwards. Jfh and yeo both made the tackle and didnt split at marker and both went right leaving a massive hole for dylan to try cover. Was poor by all 3.
Didn't help Hargraves walked off the mark a good metre !!

franklin2323

Immortal
I've given them. Staines is a fullback playing on the wing to develop him into a first grader or at least my best guess. Against Roosters they were far too right side dominant but maybe saw a weakness. He's also not a Mansour/To'o style winger. Only thing I want to see improve is getting him in the middle every once in a while.

His last game of Fullback was the JF GF in 2019. He has total of 4 NSW Cup games at fullback. None of those have been since then.

He missed last pre-season. Round 1 played wing in NSW Cup due to Laurie being fullback.

Other then that he played wing in NRL twice... in 2020. No other games at all.

This year only played wing in the trials. Every game since on the wing.

A few times he came in and caused trouble. Had a decent try assist at Brookvale.

Last week I think the set Tago scored. He came in put Crichton away for a decent run.

So that is what the side needs more of. That is one area having no 2nd tier footy has hurt player development.

He is still Jersey Flegg age. So still very young but going down to a slower pace then the fury of NRL. Where you can try stuff and errors don't matter just throw caution to the wind. Benefits all in the long run

That improvement you mention will be huge for the side and him should he push for SOO later

franklin2323

Immortal
Staines a weak link come on. He jumped for balls last night Scored a try. Staines will never be a To'o.......

DWZ, Blake, Bryce, RCG etc

There are a long list of guys the club have developed to FG but not to even the good player level.

Luai, To'o and Martin models should be the way forward. Slow and steady

martielang

Bench
Leota imo was a stand out in forwards. I'll check stats but it was the best game I've seen from him this year.

Yeh he’s been terrific the last 2 weeks and most of the year really. People get tunnel vision with JFH and over look Leota. His stats my not be as pretty but (imo) he’s easily just as effective with the ball if not more.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeh he’s been terrific the last 2 weeks and most of the year really. People get tunnel vision with JFH and over look Leota. His stats my not be as pretty but (imo) he’s easily just as effective with the ball if not more.

Was skittle g them. But the thing stats don't show are good runs at important times. Perhaps when the set is going nowhere. Leota made good runs at times when they where much needed.

Latest posts