What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Time for some payback I say!

Going to be a tough ask minus a few of our Origin players and on a 5 day turn around but I reckon we're on the upswing and should at least keep it interesting.

Side to be announced soon.

Big Pete

Referee
Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Ray Thompson 8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Michael Morgan 15. Ricky Thorby 16. Ashton Sims 17. Jason Taumalolo 18. Scott Bolton 19. Cory Paterson 20. Kalifa Faifai Loa

AceAv

Juniors
Oh you'd expect some of these cowboys backing up to not have an 80 minute game in them. Game 2 is going to be huge and these players will be feelin' it! I am really hoping for a mostly unchanged side after last week. Should be a hard game to win if they don't contain Bowen/Thurston combo's

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Yeah, this game is hard to pick this far out - will our origin players play? Will theirs? How much time will the Origin guys get? Who will be tired? Can we survive the short turnaround?

Too many questions. We'll have to wait until later in the week.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The positive with Sam missing origin is the extra 3 days will give him a chance to play for Brisbane. I would expect Hodges to sit this one out and Civo as well.

beave

Coach
what a waste of a blockbuster being played 2 days after an origin. Would love to know who the geniuses are that come up with the draw and take a dump in their beer............... I guess it's the same people that give us 4/6 home games straight up during the wet season after we asked to have minimal home games early on.

This game should be played 2-3 weeks after origin 3 at the earliest, the crowd will show up but will the players??????? It's a rubbish scenario for both teams, this game is almost like an origin in itself and deserves some special treatment scheduling wise.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
Official Broncos line-up:

1- Josh Hoffman
2- Lachlan Maranta
3- Jack Reed
4- Gerard Beale
5- Dale Copley
6- Corey Norman
7- Peter Wallace
8- Josh McGuire
9- Andrew McCullough
10-Ben Hannant
11-Alex Glenn
12-Ben Te'o
13-Corey Parker

14-Ben Hunt
15-Matt Gillett
16-Mitchell Dodds
17-Dunamis Lui

18-Brendon Gibb

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Ths is the side from the NRL site

BRONCOS: Josh Hoffman, Lachlan Maranta, Jack Reed, Gerard Beale, Dale Copley, Corey Norman, Peter Wallace, Josh McGuire, Andrew McCullough, Ben Hannant, Alex Glenn, Ben Te'o, Corey Parker. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Matt Gillett, Mitchell Dodds, Dunamis Lui, Brendon Gibb

Good to see a few of the boys rested, Hodges nd petero in particular and no need tp rush Thaiday in for this one if not 100%. Remember our best or one of our best performances was last week. I know Cowboys are stronger, but I would rather rest our old heads and not fully fit players this round than risk running them into the ground.

Bretto

Bench
I like the look of this young side. The mix of young guys, with the experience of Hannant, Wallace etc, is a good combination, IMO.

I think if the young guys can come out like they did last week, they should be able to get on top of the Cowboys forward pack, and limit Thurston and Bowens involvement.

I think we get home in a close one, maybe 6 points.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Well that's Parker out for this game.

I assume Gillett comes in to run on side and Gibb onto the bench.

All Cowboys ok

user_nat

Coach
Pretty sucky that one Bronco getting injured and pulling out has resulted in another Bronco getting injured.

Since Thurston had a shocker we can probably expect him to bounce back strong also. Just like the Melbourne guys after game 1.

beads6

First Grade
Parker won't play and will likely be out for a few weeks. Huge blow.

Thurston wasn't good but NSW didn't let him play well.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member

Cronk still managed to play well. Thursty was running around like a headless chook a bit.

It is a blow, but all that depth in the backrow we have is really coming to some use now.

By the way, does anyone know exactly how long Thaiday is out for?

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors

Yeah, this.

Also, I think he was standing too shallow, because NSW defenders seemed to get on top of him before he could even do anything. Stand back a metre or so next time Thursto - but not this week.

Looks like Glenn will chalk up a few more games as captain then!

Latest posts