What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Parramatta at EAS

IanG

Coach
Discussion on the match.

Still hate Monday Night footy as a spectator. I'll be getting there after I knock off work.

roopy

Referee
Joel Edwards to debut tonight, don't know who misses out.
I'm not expecting much from him in his first game. He is the sort of guy who will grow with every game. But it's great that he has finally played his way into the top grade.
I think he will lead our defence for the next 10 years.

Adsy

Juniors
Joel Edwards to debut tonight, don't know who misses out.

Inside mail, Goanna? Or info released to the general masses?

Also what's the weather like up there Newy folk? It's not to bad on the coast at the moment but thinking we could get drenched tonight.

andrew057

First Grade
Inside mail, Goanna? Or info released to the general masses?

Also what's the weather like up there Newy folk? It's not to bad on the coast at the moment but thinking we could get drenched tonight.

Patchy rain all day, but pretty heavy when it is raining.

jb2

Juniors
Discussion on the match.

Still hate Monday Night footy as a spectator. I'll be getting there after I knock off work.

------------------------------------------------

Yep, I do not like Monday night football either it drags out the weekends rounds for too long and I would never go to a Monday game, I reckon it should be 2 + 3 + 3 ie 2 Friday, 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday.

MNF must be pulling in the bucks though for the TV rights and at the gates because they have been persisting with it for a few years now.

Go the Knights- lets atleast play for pride for the rest of the season !

Joker's Wild

Coach
MNF must be pulling in the bucks though for the TV rights and at the gates because they have been persisting with it for a few years now.

NRL rates through the roof so Fox love having MNF on their schedule

The gate takings suffer on Monday nights though

Serc

First Grade
Looks for weather forecast from serc for tonight,s game.. :D

Well it looks like there's a nice little shower train off to the SE of Newy right now...so the rain could hang about for another hour or two possibly. But there should only be one or two more showers after sunset :) There's also been very little rain outside of Newcastle itself, I'd say team Jobby would agree there has been very little down at Lake Macquarie, and I notice that there has been very little at Williamtown in the past few hours while Newy has been getting a small drenching!

Just because today has been cold doesn't mean tonight will be freezing either - will probably be warmer than your average June game tonight.

Edit: Interesting re: Edwards, presuming Fa'aoso and Taufua are fit it should mean that Taufua plays backrow, and given they usually carry Wes or some sort of back on the bench, you'd think Mika might be the one that gets a rest (which wouldn't surprise as they often give people new to first grade a rest from time to time when they have the choice)

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
I'm not expecting much from him in his first game. He is the sort of guy who will grow with every game. But it's great that he has finally played his way into the top grade.
I think he will lead our defence for the next 10 years.
To be honest i don't care how he goes tonight. The bloke will be very nervous (particularly given the amount of times stone has teased him with a chance of playing then pulled out....building up the pressure and hype for his debut).

I am just happy that a bloke who deserves to be out there is getting a run, and i also like what it represents. It shows other guys on the fringe that hard work and consistant performances can pay off (cos some of those blokes must be having doubts).

No matter what hindsight will tell us about his debut, this is a good move for everybody...... Assuming stony doesnt have a last minute change of heart.

Serc

First Grade
We're up 16-14 after 49 mins in NYC, Parra just scored a few mins ago to even the try tally up.

Serc

First Grade
Dwan, Roberts and Cook have scored this half so far...32-14 with 3 mins to go :D

Edit: 34-20 now full time

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
Good stuff, another win. Look forward to hearing how the boys played from someone that saw.... online is pretty useless for anything other than tryscorers.

Serc

First Grade
Fa'aoso (prop) and Taufua (lock) to start, Tolar and Hilder to bench, Edwards on bench, Mika drops off.