What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Parramatta at EAS

Noname36

First Grade
Great point Rolla. I really think though that if we can fix up the forwards, everything else will fall into place. Taia and Patto are struggling because they're more creative fringe players than metre eaters. If We get some quality players in the front row, then they'll be able to play their natural game.

I think that would also help De Gois and Mullen immensely. We know that they both have the talent, but have been under performing this year. Give them a little space though and they'll be back to their best I think.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
And who is going to replace them? Ciraldo? Simpson held together by scotch tape?

We don't have that many forwards fit, ready and able to fill jerseys at NRL level, and you are suggesting to drop three, with no capable replacements.

My forward pack would consist of

8. Cross
9. Degois
10. Fa'aoso
11. Taia (Only as there is no one else)
12. Mika
13. Hilder

14. Tolar
15. Paterson
16. Taufua
17. Vuna

The back rowers haven't been hitting holes or getting deep and running onto the ball hard. The last month or 2 they have been hitting the line slowly and trying to force offloads which leads to handling errors, slow play the balls and no go forward. Going to the bench and being required to play more of an impat role may be what Paterson and Taufua need.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Jeez you're a hard marker. I thought Kurt was pretty solid out there.

Yeah this may be true as he did have a high workrate. The longer the game went on the more fristrated I became with Gidley as he kept finding himself out of position on the kick with the ball constantly sailing over his head. In the second half in particular this made is a lot harder for us to get the ball out of our half.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
A few complaints. Three ref decisions last night need to be looked at (although Finch will just send back his usual dribble)

:lol:

Cross being penalised for lying in the ruck in the second half.

Yep that was ridiculous.

Pattos swinging arm high shot.

Or should I say 'Patos slightly moving arm that was almost by his side - high shot' haha. I'm worried about these silly ones, but at the same time I'm not. I don't like it because it shows they aren't thinking of how the game of footy is played, and are too busy looking at slow-mos at 100th of a second and their silly KPI's and whatever else. But the good thing is that most of these silly things put on report each week are rarely charged - so someone in the decision making process has their heads screwed on right!

A great knock from gidley but the more i think about all the meters he made the more it worries me. With jimmy back we now have two pretty inneffective ball returners out of three.

Gidley is ok...what he lacks in size, power and speed I reckon is partly made up for by his fitness and extra runs with the footy he brings us in other areas. McManus is well known for his good kick returns and dummy half runs, where on both he is usually good at a) bending the line, b) not crabbing sideways and actually making a few metres and c) (I think) getting a fairly quick play the ball on his dummy half runs. I think we missed some of his runs early in the set after he was injured last year as well.

Last edited:

whistler

Juniors
Just once i'd love to see Pato hit the ball at speed and try to use his size to advantage. I still don't think he realises how big he is. I'm sick of him getting the ball standing still and dawdling up to the line. I think it would make his offloads way more effective if he tried to bend the line more.C'mon mate,get a bit angry.

Johns Magic

Referee
Just once i'd love to see Pato hit the ball at speed and try to use his size to advantage. I still don't think he realises how big he is. I'm sick of him getting the ball standing still and dawdling up to the line. I think it would make his offloads way more effective if he tried to bend the line more.C'mon mate,get a bit angry.

Yep.

None of our forwards hit the ball at pace and actually look to break the line except Taia on occassions.

Serc

First Grade
CAPTAIN’S KNOCK KEEPS KNIGHTS SEASON ALIVE
June 22, 2010

A last-minute conversion from captain Kurt Gidley earned the Knights a morale boosting win against Parramatta and kept their slim finals hopes alive.
The drama-charged night finished with a memorable moment for Newcastle fans.

http://soulstream1.sptel.com.au/NBN_News//gidsgoal.wmv

KNIGHTS: JIMMY COOL WITH TAHU
June 22, 2010

One of those on the receiving end of some Timana Tahu’s tackles on Monday night says he has no problem with the Eels star.
James McManus felt Tahu’s wrath more than once, but says a post-match apology was more than enough, on a night he remembers little about.

http://soulstream1.sptel.com.au/NBN_News//jimmyknights.wmv