What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Game vs Newcastle

Mark D

Juniors
I hardly ever bag out players as I can only imagine how tough it is out there but the is truly a bloody disgrace... I don't know if I have seen a more stupid half of football...

Crush

Coach
Not surprised we got nothing ..... its been on the cards few a few weeks now ....
Mate, I told you we needed to play the grind. The minute we went wide early and scored I didnt like it. Then McCrone kicks on the 2nd. It says to me that they dont respect the knights and aren't prepared to play hard.
Game not over yet though.

Life's Good

Coach
This is potentially the best thing that could happen for our season.

I'm not watching the game (fortunately my wife dragged me out!)

Maybe this half will be the catalyst for change
Nope. We have had afternoons like this for going on 5+ years and nothing has dramatically changed. This will be no different.

Dea

Juniors
Mary started the year with the team playing well. Then teams worked out a plan to combat our strategy and pop, the balloon is busted and we can't win a game. Mary has come up with no alternative strategy, keeps telling us this team can win, no changes are needed, and the the once ladder leaders are now being smashed by the Knights who couldn't win a game.
I'm certain McGregor will have his excuses ready but this performance is inexcusable. I can't see this team making the top 10 let alone the top 8! And we have this coach for the next few years as well.

getsmarty

Immortal
There isn't one. He is a one trick donkey.

Exactly....that was my point...he has no Plan B...never has....No doubt Doust and the Board will get an independent committee (full of his old boy mates ) to review the season and of course no changes will be necessary . This once great club is being ruined by those in charge....

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate, I told you we needed to play the grind. The minute we went wide early and scored I didnt like it. Then McCrone kicks on the 2nd. It says to me that they dont respect the knights and aren't prepared to play hard.
Game not over yet though.
Lets see what we got , and lets see what Marys got ....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not surprised we got nothing ..... its been on the cards few a few weeks now ....
Yep your spot on .....lazy , uniterested clueless rabble .......and after 10 nil I'm thinking go hard fellas put a big score on them. Yes I meant our blokes not Newcastle......if it wasnt so sad it would be laughable.....again I walk away embarrassed

Mary started the year with the team playing well. Then teams worked out a plan to combat our strategy and pop, the balloon is busted and we can't win a game. Mary has come up with no alternative strategy, keeps telling us this team can win, no changes are needed, and the the once ladder leaders are now being smashed by the Knights who couldn't win a game.
I'm certain McGregor will have his excuses ready but this performance is inexcusable. I can't see this team making the top 10 let alone the top 8! And we have this coach for the next few years as well.
What I find tragic is the assertion by Mary that this weeks captain's run was one of the best all year and that was an insight into a change in attitude against the knights.
Ridiculous!

Smack

Coach
we have the points in us, but they are ripping us to shreds. Could potentially end up a high scoring game, OR, we will just lay down and die as per usual

needs more mcgroan grubber kicks tbh
Have we hit rock bottom yet?
We don't have the speed to mount a comeback in my opinion.