What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Titans

possm

Coach
Bench rotation is a huge concern, no wonder the boys looked absolutely gassed towards the end.

I mean look who he learnt from.
Well, nothing has changed, Young includes Merrin on the bench but does not use him because apparently he has a suspect shoulder. For me, it should have been Blacker, even if he was only used for 10min before half time in order to give one of the other props a 20min break (10min plus half-time break).

redv13

Bench
Well, nothing has changed, Young includes Merrin on the bench but does not use him because apparently he has a suspect shoulder. For me, it should have been Blacker, even if he was only used for 10min before half time in order to give one of the other props a 20min break (10min plus half-time break).
Is that fact or fiction about Merrin?? Not saying I don’t believe you but I haven’t heard that one.

getsmarty

Immortal
r16_preview_2-dragons-v-titans.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Titans: Blacker in line for debut; Rein ready to return
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 24 Aug 2020, 02:31 PM

The Dragons' post-Paul McGregor era started well with a win over Brisbane and they take on another struggling Queensland side this week.

The Gold Coast have shown signs of promise in Justin Holbrook's first season in charge, with halfback Jamal Fogarty developing as a leader – captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Kevin Proctor last week – and AJ Brimson showing flashes of his brilliant best since returning from injury.

But the Dragons will start favourites after back-to-back wins, with Ben Hunt's switch to hooker and the rapid improvement of Matt Dufty at fullback giving Dean Young's side a new lease on life in attack this season.

Match: Dragons v Titans

Round 16 - Friday 28th August

6:00pm

Home Team

Dragons

10th Position

Away Team

Titans

13th Position

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass
Fan Information
The Rundown
Team news
Dragons: Only one game back from a COVID hold, star prop Paul Vaughan will miss another two matches after pleading guilty to a crusher tackle. Fellow forward Korbin Sims is set to join him on the sidelines after straining his calf. Back-rower Jackson Ford is available to return from his tripping ban and will likely come straight on to the interchange. Backline utility Tristan Sailor could reclaim his substitute role or, if Dean Young wants another forward, rookie prop Eddie Blacker is an option after previously being named in the extended squad.

Titans: Lock Moeaki Fotuaika is facing a ban for a crusher tackle. Sam Lisone or Jai Whitbread could be in line for a promotion to the starting side. Hooker Mitch Rein is fully fit and available for selection after overcoming a knee injury.

Key Match-Up
Matt Dufty v AJ Brimson: With 11 tries, nine try assists and 11 line-break assists Dufty has a strong case to be regarded as the NRL's most improved player in 2020. His pure speed and evasive running game is well known but his bullet cutout passes to wingers have been his greatest strength this season, giving the Red V some genuine strike power on both flanks.

He goes up against another talented fullback in Brimson, who was sorely missed by the Titans for the first 11 rounds this season but is making up for lost time. Capable of breaking the defensive line himself or creating space for others, Brimson is the chief weapon for a Gold Coast side that has struggled in attack for too long.

Stat Attack
He spent the bulk of last season on the wing and was set to be the Dragons' fullback this season, but instead Zac Lomax has thrived in the centres – finishing last week's win over Brisbane as the leading point-scorer in the Telstra Premiership. His 10 tries and 47 goals amount to 134 points through 15 matches.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...acker-in-line-for-debut-rein-ready-to-return/

George Dragon

Juniors
George,
I would appreciate your opinion on how you think Host played and if you think he is a starting 80 minute player?

He seems to be better suited to that LHS and Clune is starting to find him on a regular basis which IMO looks promising.
Big fan of Jacob
80min motor for sure.
Doesn't matter what side he plays just as long as the half feeds him he will run the line.
Still only 23 his best years are still to come

Old Timer

Coach
Big fan of Jacob
80min motor for sure.
Doesn't matter what side he plays just as long as the half feeds him he will run the line.
Still only 23 his best years are still to come
I appreciate your thoughts do you think we will extend him?

I really like him and also believe he has a good footy brain and awareness and would love him to have 3 years under good coaching without having to fight duds for a position in the starting line up.

Latest posts